+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Topic: Nigerian graduates enough is enough it is unbearable!!

Re: Nigerian graduates enough is enough it is unbearable!!

I'm vry much in support of ds move. A country blessed with so many natural resource but its citizens suffers evry day to make ends meet while some few group of pple enjoys wat shld be gven to others. We need that radical change now or never. Whether U are employed or not, get involved bcos this is a course we must all fight and our children unborn will be happy for. Enough of ds nonesence. Emegencise thumbs up to U.

Quote Originally Posted by sammie77 View Post
    Nigerian youths i hailed thee.it is not a matter of shouting or calling on government heads.simply one or two persons can put their heads together and go to the media houses like THISDAY AND GUARDIAN NEWSPAPER,because these are widely read newspapers in the country.Remember sacrifices have to follow like time,money and good health.I wouldnt want to be part of this demonstration,because i have learnt alot about life and people.what BANKOLE the ex-speaker did,about 98% of us will do the same.Am not discouraging u guys,but i want u all to know that if the person that started this thread is employed and receiving about N120000 per month,i bet u all,no one will hear his voice.Before BANKOLE ascended the throne of speaker,corruption had started.even we the members of this forum that always look for companies apptitude test format are corrupts.Why not sit down and read instead of short cuts.Remember that ASUU is still on government neck and it requires so many things.But i know one thing that u all will get a job,because your parents laboured to send you all to school and it will never be in vain.The God of heaven that saw you all through your undergraduate days will surely provide befitting jobs for each and everyone of u.just believe and have faith.

sammie
    @Sammie77, good comment. But I don't think that if a person asks for a test "format"(not the actual test) makes that person corrupt...
    TRUST IN JEHOVAH THE GIVER OF EVERY GOOD GIFT AND PERFECT PRESENT.HE IS SURELY THERE FOR YOU

Tears in my eyes my people... How I wish I could stop this unemployment issues. I really understands what it is like having no job. Peaceful demonstration, if successful and if it touches the heart of the person whom we want him/her to listen to us could only settle few people and the rest still suffers the scourges of UNEMPLOYMENT thereafter. Man has really dominated his fellow man to injury. All these has a begining and it will surely have an end. First of all, do we know that man cannot "perfectly" direct his steps talkless of controlling that of his fellow man? Do we know that man was not created to rule himself? But Man chosed to be independent from the one that that created him. Take for instance, if an equipment gets up one day and say "Mr. manufacturer I do not want you to operate me again, I can operate and maintain my self and even control other equipment", What do you think will happen to that machine? Definitely that equipment will "never" succeed. This is applicable to man. A book for all people, "the BIBLE" helped me to understand that in the garden of eden, man chosed to be independent from his "manufacturer" the greatest personage in the universe, JEHOVAH GOD, by eating the forbidden fruit. Eating from that tree means that they wanted to be like their "manufacturer". So our "manufacturer" now resolved to allow us control or rule ourselves. But has man been able to do things right satisfying himself and others? NO, instead many people sigh and groan because of the action of their fellow man.

That is to say that we cannot solve the problem of UNEMPLOYMENT whatever strategy we might use. Man has failed and that is what we all must realise. It is high time we ALL turn to our "manufacturer", our creator, our maker, our sovereign ruler and our GOD. HE has a government which is the LASTING SOLUTION TO ALL OUR PROBLEMS IN LIFE. We should sincerely pray for that KINGDOM to come, making the Devil a liar by submitting to the theocratic rulership of the most high GOD.

But for the time been, since the kingdom is not here today or now, all we should do is to beg GOD for our daily bread. He will NEVER forsake us. Keep our paths straight and do his will.

I am eagerly awaiting for the time when everyone will be happy. I am also anticipating this time:
    17 “For here I am creating new heavens and a new earth; and the former things will not be called to mind, neither will they come up into the heart. 18 But exult, YOU people, and be joyful forever in what I am creating. For here I am creating Jerusalem a cause for joyfulness and her people a cause for exultation. 19 And I will be joyful in Jerusalem and exult in my people; and no more will there be heard in her the sound of weeping or the sound of a plaintive cry.”
    20 “No more will there come to be a suckling a few days old from that place, neither an old man that does not fulfill his days; for one will die as a mere boy, although a hundred years of age; and as for the sinner, although a hundred years of age he will have evil called down upon him. 21 And they will certainly build houses and have occupancy; and they will certainly plant vineyards and eat [their] fruitage. 22 They will not build and someone else have occupancy; they will not plant and someone else do the eating. For like the days of a tree will the days of my people be; and the work of their own hands my chosen ones will use to the full. 23 They will not toil for nothing, nor will they bring to birth for disturbance; because they are the offspring made up of the blessed ones of Jehovah, and their descendants with them. 24 And it will actually occur that before they call out I myself shall answer; while they are yet speaking, I myself shall hear."

THAT IS WHEN ALL OUR PROBLEMS WILL BE SOLVED. Let us all to GOD for he has the solution to all our problem.

So my Dear NJH, do not lose hope. Have faith. Life is not a bed of roses. This present life is NOT the real life. The real life, is the everlasting life which only GOD can give. With GOD "LIFE IS REALLY GOOD.
    TRUST IN JEHOVAH THE GIVER OF EVERY GOOD GIFT AND PERFECT PRESENT.HE IS SURELY THERE FOR YOU

house of representative members jacked their constituency allowance from 28million to 42 million quaterly!!! Their salary and allowances mothly is about15million naira!!! We have 369 house of representative members. Now lets do somecalculations:

369 members * 15,000,000 = 5,535,000,000 (5.54 billion per month)

5,535,000,000 * 12 = 66,420,000,000 (66.42 billion in a year)

constituency allowance (lets assume 42 million quaterly for 369representatives (although this is not so because some principal officers of thehouse get much more!! The speaker gets 100 million quauterly, the deputyspeaker gets 80 million quaterly…and am not talking about kobo, i meannaira!!!). So let’s calculate:

42,000,000 * 4 * 369 = 61,992,000,000 (61.99 billion naira!!!)

so in a year, the house of representatives gulps roughly

66,420,000,000 + 61,992,000,000 = 128,412,000,000 ( 128.412 billionnaira!!!)

this is excluding the outrageous amount of monies that will be spent to buyofficial cars and furniture…blah…blah… blah for them.

not to mention that of the senate!!!that has 109 members!!! What kind of legislature are we runnig!!! Why do weneed to have house of representatives and also house of senate?! Can’t we justhave one? How many bills do they even pass combined? The petroleum industrybill and lots of others have been there for hyears without being passed!

yet the country abounds with qualified graduates that have no jobs and nomoney to become self employed!

why do we need so many ministers and ministries all these contribute towasting the country’s resources. We depend solely on oil what happens when thisoil runs out? Can’t nigeria take a cue from united arab emirates that hasevolved into a tourist attraction? They know the oil will run out and havealready diversified their economy…what is nigeria doing?

first this country has to stop wasting so much money on politicalappointees!

house of representative members jacked their constituency allowance from 28million to 42 million quaterly!!! Their salary and allowances mothly is about15million naira!!! We have 369 house of representative members. Now lets do somecalculations:

369 members * 15,000,000 = 5,535,000,000 (5.54 billion per month)

5,535,000,000 * 12 = 66,420,000,000 (66.42 billion in a year)

constituency allowance (lets assume 42 million quaterly for 369representatives (although this is not so because some principal officers of thehouse get much more!! The speaker gets 100 million quauterly, the deputyspeaker gets 80 million quaterly…and am not talking about kobo, i meannaira!!!). So let’s calculate:

42,000,000 * 4 * 369 = 61,992,000,000 (61.99 billion naira!!!)

so in a year, the house of representatives gulps roughly

66,420,000,000 + 61,992,000,000 = 128,412,000,000 ( 128.412 billionnaira!!!)

this is excluding the outrageous amount of monies that will be spent to buyofficial cars and furniture…blah…blah… blah for them.

not to mention that of the senate!!!that has 109 members!!! What kind of legislature are we runnig!!! Why do weneed to have house of representatives and also house of senate?! Can’t we justhave one? How many bills do they even pass combined? The petroleum industrybill and lots of others have been there for hyears without being passed!

yet the country abounds with qualified graduates that have no jobs and nomoney to become self employed!

why do we need so many ministers and ministries all these contribute towasting the country’s resources. We depend solely on oil what happens when thisoil runs out? Can’t nigeria take a cue from united arab emirates that hasevolved into a tourist attraction? They know the oil will run out and havealready diversified their economy…what is nigeria doing?

first this country has to stop wasting so much money on politicalappointees!

gzl

Here's what I received and felt I should share with those who hope for a change in Nigeria:

Let There Be Light In Nigeria
    Dear Fellow Nigerians:
    We are approaching you on behalf of a group of patriotic and concerned Nigerians with active participation around the world.
    We are the custodians, keepers and protectors of a nation that is yet to live up to its promise.
    · Largest population in Africa and 8th largest in the world – 152,217,341 (Internet World Stats)
    · Third richest country in Africa (after Egypt and South Africa) - $294,800 billion (GDP) (Infopedia.com)
    · Over 36 billion barrels its proven oil reserves is 73% higher than United States (Wikipedia)
    · 12th biggest oil producer - 2.2 million barrels per day (Huffington Post)
    · 4th largest oil exporter - 2.1 million barrels per day (Huffington Post)
    · At 1,024,000 barrels per day in December 2010 was, number 5 in the list of 5 countries responsible for 70% of United States crude oil exports. (U.S Energy Info Administration)
    Why is our country unable to provide adequate and widespread electricity for its people?
    We are still bounded by the chains that tie us to a wounded past:
    · Ranked 142 out of 169 in human development index (United Nations Developmental Program)
    · Life expectancy is 48years (World Bank)
    · 64% of population earn less than $1.25/day (Wikipedia)
    70% of population is under 30, out of which 57% is unemployed (Sahara Reporter)
    The future of our dearly beloved country is not driven by what happens to it but by what happens to it because of us.
    This is a CALL TO ACTION!!
    We are organizing a PEACEFUL Nigerian Million March in Nigeria scheduled to take place in Abuja and Lagos on June 27th 2011.
    We are also organizing simultaneous PEACEFUL Nigerian Million Marches in London, and at these locations in the United States - Washington D.C, New York, Atlanta, Houston and Los Angeles on the same date.

Your wonderful organization have structure, resources, capabilities and know how that can be used to expand the scope and depth of this endeavor while giving it a badly needed flavor.
    Would you please join us?
    For more information please visit our web site at http://www.nigerianmillionmarch.com. If you have any questions please, feel free to contact us at [email protected]
    We will be calling you in a few days to have a constructive conversation with you about how together we can make this a resounding success.
    We are no longer going to settle for a country that continues to struggle to explore and define its identity in darkness.
    Let us use this occasion to demonstrate how unity is strength and how this unity can be used to sweep away the footprints of an arrogant adversary especially when the components of our unity is as strong as the rock of Gibraltar. Remember, what we do here, matters over there.
    God Bless you and God Bless Nigeria.
    Sincerely
    Doyin Olagbegi
    For Let there be Light in Nigeria Project
    "You don't win the Silver, You only lose the Gold"...ENGR-GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION (1ST)

My fellow Nigerian graduates, it beats my heart alot when i sit down and think about the predicaments and ordeal the Nigerian graduates are experiencing. For the first time, it touched me to write a post on NHJ. Its time to act and we have to act fast. Amongst us are potential great men specialized and trained in one field or the other, so we have all it takes to bring attention to ourselves.

We can not keep quiet and watch greedy politicians make us feel that its vain by choosing to goto school. If i must say, an average Nigerian graduate should be entitled to allowance of N30,000.00 pending the time he gets a job, so he can use it to meet his basic needs. Do you know how much a Nigerian graduate spend on photocopy, printing, traveling to write a text or the other.

I encourage us to join a forum to speak a common language which is the language of employment. visit www.nigerianmillionmarch.com for more information. You can as well search for ''Nigerian graduate showdown'' on Facebook.

Thanks

mac4ok; nigerian graduate will be eternally grateful 2u for this website..Thank u sir. visit www.nigerianmillionmarch.com

Do not ask 4wat ur country can do 4u but ask for wat u can do 4ur country - president jf kenedy 1961

Jak

@Mosunjoseph,I can't understand which moral u are trying to preach bcos i am sure that this is not the sound scripture. Or is any post talking about beeing hostile to d nation? I may not talk more on the other religions,Do u remember King Jeroboam? why do u make us deviants? Have u asked how Protestant (Pentecostal) despensation set in? Why are u hiding under the veil of let the sleeping Dog lie instead of asking for God to strengthen ur heart not to jeopardize the future of the youths. did u ask of the cause of Pre Kenedy comment?
    C,until u are indirectly forced out of ur comfort zone by the evil of this nation,u will not agree to the AGONIZING PAINS of the dying future.
    Think againg and read the other post well,am not supporting bloody protest but support calling to action our Dear Leaders than chanting unemployment on the pages of the news paper.

Pls where id d venue for abuja and lagos U only said 27th. What are we wearing??

@mosunjoseph. With all humility can you declare your employment stauts to this great house? If you are employed can you honestly tell us with which firm? If unemployed can you tell us how many years you have been jobless,the course you studied and how many interviews and apptitude tests you've written and how many times you've slept in garges just to write a test. If you can honestly answer all these in this forum then we shall all see why you are talking with your upper lip alone.
    faithasaboro likes this.

@saint joe good questions. Mosunjoseph could U please answer those questions by saint joe. .......waiting!!!

+ Reply
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast