+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Topic: Nigerian graduates enough is enough it is unbearable!!

Re: Nigerian graduates enough is enough it is unbearable!!

@Siessy, wetin be your own sef, you think everyone is only interested in getting a job, all we need is enabling environment to function and maximize our potentials.

For your information, the insult starts from the day their test is conducted where some HR see you as being privileged to get a job and not by merit.We only require positive contributions here, stop distracting people with your negative comments, it is completely irrelevant.
    I

Quote Originally Posted by kafox View Post
    Siesy d questions r like : how much deposit wil u get for us from ur uncles if we employ u?; y do u choose a career in Total and not Shell or ExxonMobil?; If u say u r not ok wif ur current job, what efforts have u made to change ur career?
    This is my first time of going through the posts here and while I understand the agonies (coming from a currently jobless person too), I totally agree with e diamond, extremism is not the way. While it makes a lot of sense to communicate to the leaders the grievances of the youth, a wrong step- eg people with extremist views would defeat the whole purpose!
    @okoro quoting uk riots.there is no absolute excuse for thievery and thuggery. Those stooopid uk youth are even all on benefits and get paid for being jobless. Dozens are being arrested daily and would all get prison sentences for stealing trainers and video games. Are those your model rioters?

@kafox; it is only the first question I classify as irrelevant. The other q's u mentioned are standard questions asked by recruiters worldwide.

Again I retierate on a peaceful protest, everyone should also keep improving themselves. In the midst of all the unemployment, some are still getting jobs without connections. We can't possibly blame the govt for those of us that finished with less than 2:1. Most companies aborad eg UK n US require stellar grades - 2:1 or 3.0 gpa respectively. I'm not suggesting all 2:1 grads have jobs. Please be objective in your arguements.

Thanks.

Kafox the first question is a low blow, but the rest 2? U mean an interviewee won't expect these questions? It's a pity!
    Why won't peeps b bitter when they can't handle these cliche Qs.

Nnamdo I was eagerly waiting for someone to push my buttons but...ur a pin head...my target is the real head @emergency.
    Lil tozo acting like I haven't been to interviews. With the current economy u think any coy will assume ud be doing them a favour by employing u?
    Not saying there aren't smart recruits that turn a coy's fortune around, but u gotta get past them HR Qs first.
    You guys' attitudes...it cracks me up.

Ok ok stop distracting me. @emergency...fox with me!

@Kafox if HR asks the salary u intend getting, its a Stupid Q too? Clowns!

@seisy or whateva... U are a distraction its better U also stay off this thread becos Ur posts are childlike and immature.. guyz are reasoning and u are there toddling, please behave. Thank U.

Finally @emergency. There you are!
    U didn't live up to the hype. I guess you've know how stupid your intention is.
    This clown is Thinking Hard how to storm Aso Rock because "similar" things are happening in the Arab world n recently, Britain! No wonder u can't get a job...u r so poor in doing your research and homework.
    I'll stop here for now.
    BTW ode I dare you to tell me those Stupid Questions HR asks! Someone has listed some questions but I want to hear yours!

People are so dumb that they believe and/or follow anything/anybody.
    A very bright idea is to storm Abuja on Oct 1st, with violence as an option. Oct 1st. Oct 1ST!! I hope yall know what happened in the last Oct 1st!
    But funny enough some folks buy the idea in its entirety, without questioning the thought process of the human being they intend to follow.
    What's his academic background?
    How serious was he in sch?
    What did he graduate with?
    Can he write a CV?
    Does he dress well to interviews?
    Does he-like @Nnamdo- expect to be treated like VIP when he goes for interviews?
    Has he bettered him self with regards to additional qualification post university?
    What sch did he go to? A lot of mushroom schs spring up daily. No need for Jamb as entry requirements.
    What did he even study?
    Does he regard job interview questions as STUPID?
    Is he on medication?

I can't enumerate all the Qs I have for this boy.

Only insecure and gullible ppl will be recruited off the internet to do violence.

However, there are a lot of things wrong with this country. Governments attitude towards job creation can be much better. A peaceful protest (after getting approval from the police - I thought @emergency will know that as a graduate wet him be) won't be a bad idea. Quite honestly, I may join in the March since I'm currently unemployed.

People that don't think will CC happenings in other areas of the world to here in Nigeria. They forget things are different here. That's y we negotiate with terrorists contrary to the US governments advice.
    @emergency don't be so sure theyl negotiate with u tho!

I still wanna know those Stupid Qs man. Really I wanna know.

I strongly support you my brother, enough is enough how long are we going to spend money on scratch cards for jobs,internetsurfing and etc please we have to raise a serious mandate on this issue for something to be done...if the FG can do something for MILITANTS and are still kin to doing thesame for BOKOHARAM why cant they do for GRADUATES the are loyal to the society after 5yrs in the tertiary institutions of higher learning?WE HAVE TO ACT WITH ONE VOICE!!!!!! and i believe these are what it REQUIRES FROM US...

"But i guarantee one-day, very soon when graduates starts beating up security men at company gates, slapping HR personnel for asking stupid interview questions, setting ablaze oil companies who give slots only to their family and friends then they will realize that living in hell is next to life in Nigeria.... still watch out OCTOBER 2011..SAVE UR SYMPATHY., WIPE UR TEARS. NO GOING BACK!!!"

I just pick out this quotes above from @emergency post because so many people have concluded or think that this is what our intentions are, come October.

Please, the above action(s) is never our intention but to prevent it from happening in the near future just like he mentioned. He didn't say we'll go all out and do above but for us to do something about it before it turns out to be like boko haram and militants issues . Our mission on October is to conduct a peaceful protest to let the Nigerian government know that the youths of this country are suffering because of their nonchalant attitude towards the area of employment,man-power development, job security, enabling environment to function etc.

The reason why i called some people or persons distraction is because they did not know or understand the purpose of this thread and that is why they selectively pick out the negative comments on this thread to kill the purpose of this movement. I am beginning to suspect that we have government agents here, since they know we are trying to protest against them, they've have been fighting tooth and nail to stop it. Even if you people succeed in putting an end to this noble gesture now, believe me we will try again till we succeed. So i advice you guys instead of trying to kill the spirits of those who wants something good for this country, you better go and advice the government of this country to change for good.

Let me also remind you guys that the person who started this movement and the people that agree to honor it are not dumps but should be considered as heroes. If protest will transform the economy of this country, empower the youths, create jobs, create enabling environments for businesses, provides job security, transform our institutions of higher learning and training centers to be world class etc, please count me in come October. Even if the most stupid person on earth will make this happen, i will follow him or her.

Some are still qualifying somebody base on 2:1 in this country, i just dey laugh(apologies to people with real 2:1, not those that bought it with money)
    If i establish my company today(which i will do soon) i will not employ base on the certificate you acquired in this country but your ability to do the job.

Somebody even mentioned that some companies will not see it as a favor if they employ me(which means i am privileged to be working for them). This is just the problem we are having in this country, some of us does not even know our worth. That is why they insult us and because of our mentality we take any rubbish, any insult, disgrace, intimidation, degradation etc they threw our way in good faith simply because we are scared of loosing our jobs.

This is one of the things we are clamoring for 'job security'. Because of no job security,this stupid Indians, Chinese, etc with the help of our brothers will hire and fire at will, increase work load with pitiful working hours and pay peanuts since nobody challenges them, no law in this country allows employee to fight for his or her right. Our women have be turned to indirect professional prostitutes in the name of meeting their targets so as not to loose their jobs.

After all this rubbish someone has the guts to ask me if i should be treated like a VIP in an interview. Let me ask you why won't they treat me as a VIP. I know some companies that does. Do you even know the meaning of hire, they want to hire because they need you to accomplish something which they are lacking, they've have seen some qualities in your academics, your skills, your experience etc that is why they need you. So, yes, you are doing them a big favor by working for them.

@siesy, i don't know you well enough,maybe you're still a very young lad who has a lot ahead of him, but i advice you with this your current mentality you cannot go far in life, you better change and please if you're not in support of this protest i suggest you open another thread, maybe your own kind will join you because every little negative comment from you is killing the spirit of Nigerian youths and you wouldn't want to be responsible for destoying this imperative vision.

Guys we match on, on october no shakin, God dey our side.
    I

And who said we should obtain permission from police first before protesting, the same executive we're protesting against is the one you want us to go and obtain permission from. Very pitiful,how on earth do you think they will grant us that permission?

Please protest is not a crime is a way of reaching out to the government of a country and the whole world by the masses
    I

@nnamdo. Bravo!
    I think I brought out the best in you. I'm not your English teacher man.

Since you chose your tone carefully this time, I'll let it slide.

Your write up basically is just to justify the almost insanity of the ambition.

I've already stereotyped you. I feel for you lol.

And uumm, last year I turned down a couple jobs. The pay was too poor for an engr that went through pains to better himself post-university. That's how young I am. I prefer to freelance!

Yeah I'll have a bright future by God's grace.

@nnamdo you are deficient in accessing the feasibility of answers to challenges. You wont get far in life at all. That's for sure!

+ Reply
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast