+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Topic: Nigerian graduates enough is enough it is unbearable!!

Re: Nigerian graduates enough is enough it is unbearable!!

guys what is required is action.

October 2011 a month we Nigerian graduates will never forget in a hurry!!! NO GOING BACK.

Quote Originally Posted by efosa_godwin View Post
    My brothers and country youth, I can’t but accept the statement the statement that being unemployed is the most devastating and frustrating thing that can happen to a vibrant youth in any nation.
    I feel your pains every day because I am also currently unemployed. I am a graduate of chemical engineering with an award as the best chemical engineering student of my section. So when I tell you that, I know what you are passing through I really know.
    In contribution to the statement of violence that was proposed by some of us, I can truly say I feel your pains and frustration because I am also currently one of you. But violence from the beginning has never achieved anything or solved any problem, it has only postponed problems.
    I am in the view, that we still need to give this administration a chance to prove themselves because change is not automatic but a gradual process. I am not the spoke man of the president, but I think He is not doing badly.
    As we all know, the president when he was preparing the budget allocated some huge sum of money to tackle unemployment, so I will suggest that we should wait and see how that budget is implemented.
    For my brother that suggested that we should use our knowledge as engineers and scientist to make weapon to disrupt the peace of the nation, I also feel your pains, because an idle mind is the devil’s workshop. In regard to that I will propose that we should use our knowledge for something profitable, constructive, productive and something that can benefit ourselves, family and nation.
    I will propose that we can stir up this group and if possible divide ourselves into smaller research group and as a group if we have realise something tangible we can seek aide from the government.
    In conclusion I still hold to the opinion that this administration deserve a chance and that true employment is not given by a president or His associate selecting a 100 or fifty, but by creating avenue for investment and production.

i feel you man

Quote Originally Posted by efosa_godwin View Post
    My brothers and country youth, I can’t but accept the statement the statement that being unemployed is the most devastating and frustrating thing that can happen to a vibrant youth in any nation.
    I feel your pains every day because I am also currently unemployed. I am a graduate of chemical engineering with an award as the best chemical engineering student of my section. So when I tell you that, I know what you are passing through I really know.
    In contribution to the statement of violence that was proposed by some of us, I can truly say I feel your pains and frustration because I am also currently one of you. But violence from the beginning has never achieved anything or solved any problem, it has only postponed problems.
    I am in the view, that we still need to give this administration a chance to prove themselves because change is not automatic but a gradual process. I am not the spoke man of the president, but I think He is not doing badly.
    As we all know, the president when he was preparing the budget allocated some huge sum of money to tackle unemployment, so I will suggest that we should wait and see how that budget is implemented.
    For my brother that suggested that we should use our knowledge as engineers and scientist to make weapon to disrupt the peace of the nation, I also feel your pains, because an idle mind is the devil’s workshop. In regard to that I will propose that we should use our knowledge for something profitable, constructive, productive and something that can benefit ourselves, family and nation.
    I will propose that we can stir up this group and if possible divide ourselves into smaller research group and as a group if we have realise something tangible we can seek aide from the government.
    In conclusion I still hold to the opinion that this administration deserve a chance and that true employment is not given by a president or His associate selecting a 100 or fifty, but by creating avenue for investment and production.

Guy, I can see ur material, U r a gud diplomat and writer. The sky is ur limit. By the end of d year U shall have ur own job IJN. . . Amen.

I started this thread, and i know NHJobbers will be quick to conclude that it was just a pointless and unnecessary disposition borne out of frustration and prolonged joblessness, YES i want to be addressed that way cause the agony Ur country and her leaders did to me and my family and millions of graduate roaming the streets to survive., it seems like i compromised in my intentions but i never did, seeking for support was hell i was discouraged telling me i was chasing shadows, except i want a bloody face-off when my life and many others will be lost, i am not afraid to take a stand despite this bloody mission, a corper approached me lamenting they posted him and three others to a grammar schl to teach they all sought rejection, his camp friends got reposted to schlumberger, Exxon Mobil and MRS becos these guys schooled in covenant uni and they had slots there while he is still in desperate search even if its a primary schl a 2.1 graduate of a federal university, things have gone from bad to worst, the jobs we are struggling for AMCON and others, how much will they offer us that what a corpers collects in Mobil, but i guarantee one-day, very soon when graduates starts beating up security men at company gates, slapping HR personnel for asking stupid interview questions, setting ablaze oil companies who give slots only to their family and friends then they will realize that living in hell is next to life in Nigeria.... still watch out OCTOBER 2011..SAVE UR SYMPATHY., WIPE UR TEARS. NO GOING BACK!!!
    gzl likes this.

@ emergency, i can feel what u re passing through but i think u should be a little bit patient who knows it might be your turn to give testimony to us soonest. pls, i am also in same shoe, including two of my elder ones i mean 2 first class graduates from OAU, i also hold an outstanding degree in petroleum engineering for some years nw no job but i bliv that by his grace our glory will be manifested to this greedy leaders that feel that we the youth shldnt have a future. it is well

emergency, you are sounding like you want to kill somebody. If so it is no longer a peaceful protest. And i wander what we can achieve through that especially when what we are fighting for is not something that cuts across all the age groups.

Quote Originally Posted by beckkyviamoses View Post
    @ emergency, i can feel what u re passing through but i think u should be a little bit patient who knows it might be your turn to give testimony to us soonest. pls, i am also in same shoe, including two of my elder ones i mean 2 first class graduates from OAU, i also hold an outstanding degree in petroleum engineering for some years nw no job but i bliv that by his grace our glory will be manifested to this greedy leaders that feel that we the youth shldnt have a future. it is well
    My people plz i urge u in d name of God.Bone those people who come here to weaken us from taking what rightfuly belong to us.DIVIDED WE FAIL UNITED WE STAND.Aluta Continual Victoria Ascerta. Yes Victory must b assure if we can b able to stand in 1 mind 1 voice and say no and enof is enof to those our grey headed leader who always tel us dat we ar d future leaders yet dey dont want to giv way 2giv us dat priviledge 2becom d potential leaders dat we are...Dey ar deceivin us. But i am of d opinion dat peaceful demo. is d ultimate so dat our action wil heard in d whole world and thereby puttin shame to d faces of those old cargos who are stil sittin on our positions and rights. OCTOBER 2011 is d D-day my people.God is wit us.We must surely conquer dem by d grace of God.We wil soon smile by our positive action...May God b praised...

@emergncy,u want 2slap hr n set compny ablaze.i dey laf.u wil go 2jail 4notin if u try it.from ur last coment,its obvious u r jst jealous.avnt u read of neutral guys who com here 2testify of hw dey got their job whr dey knw nobdy.guy if u dnt learnt 2b patient at dis time,na u sabi.u r talkin of convenant guys servin in mobil...is dat d end of lif?i servd wit a multinational and am stil unemployd.see me see wahala o.my clasmate dat servd in kano dat sam period in a vilage sch got ptdf schlrshp later 2uk.life is turn by turn n if u cnt wait pls stop complainin.i don tell u o

@emergency Dude what questions does HR ask that you qualify as Stupid Questions?

Okay guys give Emergency a break; I know exactly what he is passing through. He only means that Nigeria government only responds to violent and not peaceful demonstration (issue of boko haram and militants). Actually i am not in support of any violence but i know one peaceful demonstration by millions of Nigerian youths will definitely make them to sit up and know that danger is around the corner.

I was opportuned to listen to senate debate on issue of unemployment when one of the senators suggested that government should start establishing job creation centres and collect data on the number of unemployed youths in the country.

Well, the issue of job creation centers were rejected by the senate which I am in support because that will only result in spending billions of naira to build infrastructure and end up employing non- functional staffs like some of the agencies established by the federal government. The issue of data was also rejected by the senate. According to them they believed that the number of unemployed graduates is enormous besides they were informed that the bureau of statistics has the data for number of unemployed graduates. Their ruling on data didn’t go down well with me because I don’t think they actually know the number of unemployed and the claims of bureau de statistics possessing that kind of data I leave it for you guys to judge. Have you guys witness any kind of census conducted on unemployed youths to ascertain the exact number? And I know for Nigeria government to make headway in tackling this issue of unemployment they should have the data of unemployed people in each state of the federation. After the whole session the house arrived at nothing, I repeat nothing, the only concluded that unemployment is a very big problem in the country and something should done, but they couldn’t even come up with one tangible solution, one of them even suggested that the federal government should be invited to come and offer explanation on N50 billion set aside to tackle this problem, it was immediately ruled out again. I know some of the leaders meant well but the bad eggs among them wouldn’t let them be. A whole Nigerian senate could not come up with a solution on how to tackle unemployment. As long as they are comfortable, receiving fat salaries with their other doings to raise cash the plight of common man looking for N100 to eat for that day does not even bother them much, but when they hear that bombs has started exploding in every part of the country and oil wells and pipelines are tampered will they will jump up and look for solutions because those areas will definitely affect them, they never know that people responsible for such actions are those begging for food (the unemployed).

Now to the issue of who is responsible to tackle this problem?

My own opinion is this; Nigerian government is responsible for 80% of this problem and 20% which was as a result of the effects of that 80% is constituted by the attitudes of
    Nigeria youths.

·Government does not create employment opportunities rather they regulate the activities of institutions responsible for this employment to operate under best standard practices.
    ·Government provides enabling environment for these institutions to function and not hinder them.
    If you look at these two functions of government you will see that they have failed woefully in acting on them and as a result of these have given rise to the issue of unemployment.

Government is suppose to create policies that will guarantee job security to the employed, which gives an employee right to take the employer to court if the employer decides to fire him/her without any reason or grant so that respect will be accorded to the Nigerian employees, they should also make the employer to employ the number suitable for his institution and not kill people with so much work, the number of hours, the salary range for every graduate, the work conditions, the services they render etc should also be looked into. Our institution of higher learning which is responsible for man power development is in a horrible state. Lecturers behave anyway they like, poor state of amenities, lack of high tech equipments as seen in other countries have resulted in producing graduates which may not be able to compete in these age of modern technology (you all know the effect). All these happened because the federal government failed to regulate them. Government agencies, ministries etc loot funds appropriated to them for specific projects because they are not regulated and monitored. They have even created another one (Ministry of trade and whatever) which promises to create about 3 million employment in 2-3 years. They have failed to regulate and manage the ones they created how can they handle this one? Nigerian youths, for how long will these continue?

Nigerian government has succeeded in monopolizing some sectors (power, oil and gas etc) which would have created a huge employment opportunities for Nigerian youths. They should give licenses to private sectors to come and invest in these areas rather they claim they are providing basic amenities (water, light, energy) to the masses. You guys are witnesses to the poor state of these sectors which the federal government has monopolized; why not liberate it so that more companies will be established to create employment opportunities for her youths. Why not create policies that will help youths who has entrepreneurial spirit to obtain funds without collateral or guarantor but monitored by the government to establish their businesses and help drive this country forward like other countries.

These two actions of Nigerian government are responsible for the poor quality in some Nigerian graduates. Some don’t do well in tests and interviews because they were not properly trained for that, some of us lack the necessary skills to work in multinationals yet we read highly technical skill courses, no wonder some companies prefer foreign graduates to local ones. Some of us who were able to overcome this hurdle are still unemployed because of man know man witchcraft (eg customs where our names are replaced with others etc).

Although federal government has made an attempt to savage some of these situations like establishing NDDC which promised to build skills and acquisition centers and other agencies. Once government appropriate funds for them to function, they will share the money because no body monitors them and believe me these will continue unless something is done about it urgently.

Listen Guys, They created this mess and is time for them to clean it up; if they can’t and they don’t know how to handle the whole situation, we will do it for them come October.

Aluta continua, Victoria ascerta
    I

Those waiting for peace and testimonies continue waiting. I am sure your parents wanted peace all these years and it is only getting worse. Maybe in ur graves it will happen when people who truly want a change fight for it and not lazily pray and hope for things to happen.
    Let us be actively involved in seeking change not hoping anybody will make things easy for us. If u do not fight then you will only av to bear worse condition. 9ja youth stand up and pursue that change.

Nnamdo4u u'r d most articulated dude on NHJ i'v ever come across. Keep it up. However, u just spoke like one of our leaders.

+ Reply
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast