+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Topic: Nigerian graduates enough is enough it is unbearable!!

Re: Nigerian graduates enough is enough it is unbearable!!

Mosun Joseph.................Is not that Nigerian Youths are not self oriented the way you think they are. But there are some posers i will like you to answer now. Do we have a conducive environment for business to thrive here. What is the present condition of our electricity supply which can be utilized to start a self business? while we re still waiting for all these to be in good shape, we cannot but hold the government responsible for this predicament bedeviling the nation

THE BATTLE LINE AS BEEN DRAWN, WE ARE LOOKING AT A SIZE OF AT LEAST 1 MILLION GRADUATES TO ENDORSE THE MOVE,
    STRATEGY 1: GO TO FACEBOOK AND JOIN THE NEWLY CREATED FANS PAGE "Nigerian Graduate Showdown" then click on "like" among d upper tabs, by u joining we are getting bigger in size. WE ARE NO MORE SMILING, ITS A COMPLETE SHOWDOWN.

Hi house, i luv dis move. It is a gd initiative. I need 2 say, we nd 2 act fast if we really wt 2 do anythg at all. 2 stat wth, i lik 2 suggest dat we nd 2open anoda tread 2 submit suggestns strickly on hw 2 go abt dis issue. Pls it must be stated dat no preaching against d move bluntly. Am totally a suppt of all d proative actions. Nevertheless, we nd d av AIMS& OBJECTIVES so dat no distractions or disturtions. D so call emerging leaders if dis move work must nt see it as oppt 2 av there own way. "Toba ri be, aye yin oni da o!" Amin. It beta we set a pace 4 transformation 4 nigerian graduates 4 life. Gd 2 note, it we require funding by members "eniti oba si kowo waje bi ti bankole Asofo danu ni" Amin. Also, worthy 2 note is dat some ppl might lose der life in d struggle. Yes!!! Its nt easy 2 get a transformation. Am frm osun, am frm osun and am everly ready 4 any demostration,any move,e.t.c. Can u imagine, a DISTINCTION graduate 4 over 4 years ago still living frm hand 2 mouth. Here is my no-08189498735. Let's make it happen!

A peaceful protest rite,wat if d outcome is not favourable?turn it to a voilent protest..?am just tired of thinkin of hw d govt hs failed nigerian youths cos it mks me sick in my stomach,we r in a country dat mks mockery of its citizens,instead of protesting to people who r tools of darkness sent to doom a nation so richly endowed,lets collectively n sincerely choose a week or day n cry unto God in fasting n prayer.i dont knw abt u guys but dis is my nigeria people have md it n still mking it even wit dis conditions on ground n I WILL STILL MAKE IT.

Quote Originally Posted by SAMUEL TEMITOPE EMMANUEL View Post
    Mosun Joseph.................Is not that Nigerian Youths are not self oriented the way you think they are. But there are some posers i will like you to answer now. Do we have a conducive environment for business to thrive here. What is the present condition of our electricity supply which can be utilized to start a self business? while we re still waiting for all these to be in good shape, we cannot but hold the government responsible for this predicament bedeviling the nation
    in d uk der ar goodroad,electricity,security and al other things our nigerian brodas cal enabling enviroment.yet masters degre holders from naija go there n sweep ther gutters.illitrates ther come here 2set up busines n employ our graduates.so wat is enabling enviroment?its ur mind my broda.dat is y i say our upbringin is faulty.u ask a child y did u fail he wil tel u my teacher.u ask a politician y did u lose election he wil say its pdp dat rigd.a busines may wil say its witches n wizard or enablin enviroment.a grdaute wil say its govt.stop blamin govt,d solution is wit us nt wit dem

My brodas,let lagos and abuja start this peacefull protest,i asure you other states will join

Quote Originally Posted by innoziegbe View Post
    It is a societal & social revolution... It is not absurd to any Graduate.If not for any thing else, but 4 the corrupt tendencies of the so called leaders, the bankoles et al. I must state here that the initiative of the originator of this trend is commendable. while we mobilise, sensitise and get ourselves organized, we must be true to ourselves and to the course we are about to emback on. It may be daunting but I see victory coming at the end of the day. Yes many society world over has been able to effect fundamental changes by peaceful protest, ours is't different. It is not about unemployed graduate alone. some of the contributor here are employed at least I am very sure of myself. THIS IS A COURSE WE ALL NEED TO SUPPORT. 1 LUV.
    In as much as the move is commendable, have it in focus that for it to have a meaningful impact it must cut across social, organisational and business strata. A larger group other than the unemployed alone should be involved. 'Cos if you make it an affair of the unemployed alone you may not go far.Get as many pressure groups involved; Parents, NLC, NANS, CLO, unions of employees of various organisations etc. Then your voice will be heard. I am sure those that are gainfully employed with a juicy salaries will not join in the protest (engagement & commitment to work, fear of their employer or personal reason... Whatever). The impact is not in the number of the unemployed (the govt. is aware of the vast number, they are human beings among us) but in the vast segments of the people and organisations that back the protest. Cheers and one love!

Cowards! All of u opposing dis move are cowards. God will always pull down d walls of Jericho but it is left 4 d Israelites 2 rise n possess it. I buy d idea of prayer n fasting but dt should b b/4 d PEACEFUL protest. Some of u saying we should set up barber's salon, mechanic workshops n supermakets, I don't blame u, may b u didn't ve a vision b/4 going 2 school. Henceforth, if u r not in support of dis move, it were better u keep mute.
    faithasaboro likes this.

interesting moves in here... definitely has my backing, I like the comment by MosunJoseph, there is indeed a need for mind revolution first of all. The search has to start from the inside before we lay blames at the feet of the government. However I have 2 objections to why the supposed uneducated will come here and make it, 1. Their home government will give them the necessary backing and that is assuming literacy is what you get from the university walls. 2. The culture there is such that it encourages industrialization and entrepreneurial skills. Lemme ask you, is there anything in our present educational system that empowers one right from a tender age to think of setting up a venture? Entrepreneurial skills does not grow overnight it must have been imbibed over the years.... I know not too many ppl will agree with my opinion here, but that is what the house is about, all ideas are scrutinized to the delight of everyone

@fongie,stop using that language on people like u.everyone with his/her own idea of expressions

gzl

I commend the initiative and I'm in total support of the idea of transforming Nigeria. However, I see this as not a "fight" or "struggle" meant for the unemployed youth alone. It is supposed to be a fight by ALL NIGERIANS who hope for a better Nigeria.
    No matter how "huge" the salary you might be earning, your have at least one unemployed relative who can hardly make a living.
    I am gainfully employed, but yet the government is not accountable to me for the heavy tax that is automatically deducted from my salary. There is NOTHING I can pin-point that I directly benefit from the government of Nigeria yet I pay heavy taxes.
    Is it Electricity? I have a generator for that purpose (what is the purpose of NEPA/PHCN?)
    Is it Security? I have a Night/Security Guard for that purpose (what is the purpose of The Nigerian Police?)
    Is it Water Supply? I have a well/Borehole with pumping machine for that purpose (what is the purpose of Water corporation?)
    Is it Transportation? Many have a car or cars that costs an arm & a leg to maintain.
    Wat about our Roads? We all know d deplorable state of our roads. Some residents now contribute money to repair/tar their roads (what is the purpose of FERMA?)
    What about Health Care? The current few health facilities provided by the government cannot suffice for the masses, so I make use of the good but expensive private hospitals.
    Communication? Of course...Thank God everyone has a GSM handset (even though they can hardly recharge) when NITEL is already dead.
    Education? Nigerian education system is just running on life support. It is next to collapse. The universities are just churning out "unemployable graduates" because they've not been equiped with anything that can make them survive the challenging reality of the present business world and economy. Yet our currupt so called "leaders" embezzle tax-payers money and open private universities for their own profit.
    NYSC is even a no-go area now as we all know the current realities about that.
    Housing? You have to hussle that one by yourself as government no send you o.
    Employment? As a lot of youth dey unemployed...na dat one even bring up the current issue wey a lot of people dey provoke. I thank God for my own situation though...sope tie
    Na the case of unemployment make a lot of people join NaijaHotJobs na

Now on a serious note, Can someone please tell me the purpose of The Government in Nigeria? cos i don't see any benefit from them ...(Angry)

...Faith without Work is dead... The time for action is now...enough of just prayers!
    faithasaboro likes this.
    "You don't win the Silver, You only lose the Gold"...ENGR-GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION (1ST)

This is terrible. It appears the set time has come for transformation in this nation. You should know that nothing good come to stay without violence or protest (Niger/Delta restiveness, public health bill, FOI bill et al as case studies) . So, it seems things want to change for better now by allowing those in govt know the need to wake up to their responsibility. We will surely get there.

We are getting larger visit our facebook page ''nigerian graduate showdown''. and join thank u.

+ Reply
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast