+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Topic: 2009/10 PTDF OVERSEAS MSC & PHD SHOLARS

jeb

Re: 2009/10 PTDF OVERSEAS MSC & PHD SHOLARS

Quote Originally Posted by libranonyi
    ... PTDF does not accept any change of course........and for such you must go for the course they have secured for you...
    How else can confirm this... UK guys... any idea?
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Triple E
    @sacredceasar and driphie,

Coming October his year, the forms will be out but you guys need to have all your credentials ready and hurry up to get the forms because it is usually in limited quantity.

Above all, study hard and put God first, you will make it.

PLS TRIPLE -E I'M A GRADUATE OF GEOPHYSICS AND INTEND TO APPLY THIS OCTOBER. PLS DO U KNOW HW I CAN LAY MY HANDS ON ANY PAST QUESTIONS ESP. IN THE AREA OF PETROLEUM GEOSCIENCES OR GEOPHYSICS.
    THANK YOU.

Hi dozie
    I would appreciate if u could send me some useful materials on geophysics and recommend some texts and resources for me also because I am switching from electronics engr to geophysics for my masters. I won't want to flop during my PG studies. I would like materials that would especially give me some background knowledge and insight into \geophysics. U could also recommend materials and texts that would help me in my masters program. If u have some kindly send. It would be appreciated. thanks a lot. Hope to hear from you soon.
    My address is [email protected]
    GOD is my shepherd

@ALL PROSPECTIVE SCHOLARS,

U need to wait until October thereabouts for the forms to come out, trust me u will be aware as long as u frquent this house.
    But in the meantime u can brush thru the past question papers which i have attached and decide which section u want to attempt and prepare for it.

If u need ebooks to prepare u can go to these sites( dey were really handy 4 me): www.scribd.com www.4shared.com
    just type a general course title and u will get some text books that will assist u in preparing.

@G Thermal, thanx 4 ur contribution and advice, may d almighty bless u in a million ways. Pls, can u give us a list of these top 10 UK universities. I have been consulting the RAE standards and it seems the RAE ratings are strictly by subject.

[attachment deleted by admin]
    "That which u share will multiply, that which u withhold will diminish"

@kbow.hw do u get material from 4shared.com ,cos i hav tried it and its nt really giving me good result.your reply will be highly appreciated,tanks

pls send some pastquestions to [email protected] let me be like u next year lol.
    r

@Kalistus

Just go 2 da 4shared site, then type in d neme of ebook or a general topic. You will get results of simnilar ebooks which u can go ahead n dload.

Although i personally favour www.scribd.com, where u have to register then download as much as u want, and from my experience its faster to dload form scribd.

@prospective scholars, i wolud have attached some ebooks here but size ctions will not allow, so do make use of d those 2 addresses n others...One luv
    "That which u share will multiply, that which u withhold will diminish"

@kaybow, i tried typing shl but there was no result,or is there a way to type it, even others names yielded ludicrous results,hanks ur response

Please can some let me know whether oil and gas law candidates have been contacted. is it only those for imperial college that have been contacted. thanks . please feed me back

Quote Originally Posted by mammanzub
    hw we go apply 4 this program pls

Hello House,
    I say a big congratulations to all PTDF awardees of which am one... but pleaseee Could G.Thermal or any other current scholar pls tell us how the upkeep is catered for in the UK. I am presently employed in a good oil and gas company, I want to be sure the trade off will be a good one. If I will leave my current job for a masters I will like to have some level of assurance that the nees of my family will be catered for while am away. pls G.Thermal I need your Advise thanks!

Hi Joyshudex! Congrats to you and others on your awards. Everything you need as a student here in the UK will absolutely be taken care of by PTDF. This is done through UNIVATION, the UK based Managing Agent of PTDF OSS. To be honest with you, I dont think you will lack anything. PTDF is responsible for you and not your family (except for married PHD scholars). Regarding your job with a good oil and gas company in Nigeria, I would suggest that you think about it properly before taking your decisions. The global economic recession is tougher over here in the UK than in Nigeria. So, if you are considering leaving a good job to come over, you better "dont dare it." If you really like the job then try to speak to your company for a possible study leave or you defer the PTDF Scholarship till next year and see how things would go. Finally, my advice to you is to make sure you secure your job. It would be unwise to leave just like that. I pray that The Lord Jesus Christ would help you to make the right decisions. Pray about it also. God bless you my sister. Cheers!

@gthermal, what are the prospects of a ptdf scholar after the programme

+ Reply
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast