+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Topic: 2009/10 PTDF OVERSEAS MSC & PHD SHOLARS

Re: 2009/10 PTDF OVERSEAS MSC & PHD SHOLARS

good day good people

i wish to thank u all for ur efforts at keeping us informed on latest news frm PTDF.
    bravo to u all.how do we confirm the real date for the induction thats august 9th including venue?
    its very key for those who are currently working to arrange for their study leave or resignation.

God bless u all

NED

Hi guys,
    Congrats on your moving to the next level.i see you are all concentrating on your induction program so you might not have time for my request.
    but,pls,for those of us who want to apply this year,how do we get the forms and materials to study with?

@ kaybow, after the collection of our passport for processing, whan are qe going to have our passport and visa back. pls can we also know when we shall leave the country for our respective schools.

kaybow, pls kindly text me ur number to 08077921707.

Dear Scholars,
    I must say congratulation to all that have made it thus far. I could not believe things like this still work in Nigeria untill I saw my name, last year, as one of the beneficiaries. I know the same is happening to you all too. Some of u must have been finding it difficult to sleep long this days since you dream more of UK and still wake up in Nigeria, either without light or generator running,laffs.

I can see people are really concerned about their admission now. Its normal as we were too last year. Just take time to sort yourself out, apply on your own if possible, prior to the induction. If you cant, then be sure PTDF will definitely give you a worthwhile course.

I applied for Oil and gas engineering last year and was short-listed for the same in the newspaper. But the admission I was given was in Mechanical Engineering at University College London, UCL- another world class University i know some of U are oblivious of. Doing Mechanical is the best for me which I later preferred to the Oil and gas I chose before. For most of you that apply for Mechanical, u are likely to come to UCL as the PTDF executive secretary was here on Tuesday at the department and the University to foster a better working relationship with the University.

Let me not deceive you, its not as easy as some of us thought it would be when we were in nigeria, but thank God we are making it with enviable progress. So your case will not be an exemption, just extra perseverance and the resloute determination to work harder than you could have done in Nigerian Uni. even if you made a first class. You might need to learn MATLAB very well. But dont be too concerned if U cant but ensure u start learning when you get there.

As per job, I would appeal to you all that you dont resign your job if you have not done so as PTDF is very silent on that matter. They make you feel as if all will be well about job during the induction but less likely to do anything about it afterwards. Of course, they are very committed to the training and your allowance will never be delayed. you are always the envy of your self-sponsored colleagues(You cant understand till u get here, particularly those coming to London).

Lest I forget, buy enough Jeans when coming ooo, as they are a bit expensive here especially in September when you will just arrive since some of you will still be converting the cost in pounds to Naira (i did and it was frustrating but used to it now so I can buy Jeans, laffs). You might not want to buy to much clothing as Naija weather might not give you good choices to make but here u will find varieties.

I know some will be wondering about Naija foods, for those coming to London and probably Aberdeen , enough Naija foods so dont bother carrying Luggage. U can get garri, elubo, pando, Ugwu etc at least b4 u start getting use to their dishes. Pls dont say I like food ooo

Just thank God for the opportunity, its a rare one and I pray you carefully utilise it.

Warmest regards,
    beewhyfocus
    PTDF Scholar 2008/09
    UCL
    G

@ beewhyfocus.

thank you beewhyfocus. thanks for this full information. i appreciate you and i will like to know you soon. please can i know when our passport will be collected for visa processing and when our visa and passport will be given back to us after the induction and when are we likely to travel out of the country. (i.e . the is it in august or in September). thank you so much. please keep us posted on other things necessary to take note of. thanks.

kangaro2

@ Kangaro 2
    U are supposed to take your passport along for the induction program in Abuja. It will be collected there and you will be taken to the Visa office in Abuja by PTDF. Thats going to be express and so no cause for alarm. However, they will contact you when the visa is ready and that will likely be the time u will be travelling.

You guyz are going to travel from Abuja via Lagos. You will get your Visa then and the first allowee to take you to UK. Its going to be fine, trust God!

Regards,
    beewhyfocus
    G

@ beewhyfocus. thank you beewhyfocus for your prompt reply and for keeping me posted. I will keep in touch and ask you further questions later. God bless you real good. i appreciate you. i look forward to meeting you. have a nice weekend

kangaro2

@ Kangaro
    Which school are u posted to and for which course? And are u working currently, if u are u might want to give it more thought before resigning. Just my advice any way!
    G

@ beewhyfocus. thanks beewhyfocus. i appreciate your response and briefing.

i have to resign cos you must have spent 3 yrs or more in my place of work before u can be entitled to study leave in my place of work. that is the rule in my place of work. my course is petroleum law and policy. i am a lawyer and i would always get a good job and firm to work in and to build my career when a back in the name of Jesus.

please when are we likely to travel out of the country? i mean, how many days after the induction? is it first week in September or end of august?

thanks good brother. i await your response.

kangaro2

Just got a call from PTDF to be in Abuja on monday with my intl passport and stuff........anybody get the same call?

ska

Wow, sorry to ask but could U pls give more details about the call? was the purpose of the journey mentioned? I've not heard PTDF calling people except 4 induction. If it is not induction, then what is it?

@ Kangaro 2

Yea, I can understand with you. The same happened to me too where I worked before coming over here. You needed to have worked for two years before u resign but I only worked for six months then so I could not and I had to resign. All the same I trust God for you and those of us here too. The best awaits us all.

As per the travels, it depends on your school's resumption date. For me, We left in September, the usual resumption date for UK schools. For instance, my school resumed on the 22nd of September while we travelled on the 20th of September, 2008. However, our induction was in August then. So you are not leaving immediately after the induction except your school resumes then. They will get in touch with you afterwards when the visa is ready and when your flight arrangement has been concluded.

You are in for enjoyment at the induction programe. Ours was at the Top rank hotel, a nice hotel for its levels in Abuja. Its all lectures and infos on how things work in the Uk and some other stuffs. You might want to arrive there on time so you dont miss any sessions as they are really helpful. Those that go late might be booked in another hotel which could be far from Top rank if its still the same venue.

Once again, accept my congratulations

G

+ Reply
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast