+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Topic: 2009/10 PTDF OVERSEAS MSC & PHD SHOLARS

Re: 2009/10 PTDF OVERSEAS MSC & PHD SHOLARS

Dear Scholars,
    I am a 2008/2009 beneficiary of the scheme. No cause for alarm as per the induction date as it will be publish in National dailies, THISDAY and PUNCH or so. Just keep calm. Anyone that sees it should inform others through this forum or . I think ours was published about 1 week to the program if Im right.

Just ensure you are ready for it. There is no point resigning for the induction, just take a week leave from your respective offices as u are not going to travel immediately after induction. Most schools resumes around the last week of September while some is the 2nd week of October. You can confirm your resumption date from your schools website now.

You should also note that, the travel for us was just 3days before our resumption, so if your school is resuming say, on 28th September, you are likely to be travelling on 25th as its then the accomodation in the school will be available.

Take care guyz, You will succeed!
    Regards,
    beewhyfocus
    PTDF Scholar 2008/09
    UCL Mechanical Engineering
    G

@Beewhyfocus thanks a lot 4 ur eyeopening contributn. U r a concerned scholar indeed.
    Pls what can u say of some of us that hav not been offered a place yet? Hope it won't affect our travelling at sept? Or you think they will give us a place at any schl by all means? Are they going 2 invite us 4 induction too??

Pls reply because am bothered and l dont want 2 miss this golden opportunity.

Thank you for ur orientation b4 d induction.
    I WILL ALWAYS RESPECT MY FRIENDS.............

beewhyfocus, i really enjoy your contributions!
    Keep it up man!

@ Topson 44
    Thanks for your compliment too. If you can still get admission for yourself you might try to just to get your choice school. However, if you can not, I am reassuring you that there is no cause for alarm as PTDF will try as much as possible to fix you up by all means. And if in the worst case scenario, which is not likely to happen, they were unable to do so, there is every possibility for deferring the scholarship till next year. But this did not happen in our time even though people that Got admission still had the opportunity of deferring by a year. So be calm, PTDF system is different from normal Nigerian corrupt system of dis-enfranchising people. You have got it and no one can stop you again. Never worry, everybody will be invited for the induction as it is an open invite.

I would advise you to keep calling Sam Mc kinstrie of Univation, they are the one in charge of admissions and not PTDF directly . You might want to check www.ptdf.com for Univation's contacts and www.ptdf.gov.ng for PTDF infos.

Hope this helps!

@ de-wise
    Thanks for you compliment too, how much can I do to contribute my little quota. I have been in your shoes before and definitely know how you will be feeling now. Its normal, so I decided to make my little contribution back too.

Please if you know anyone coming for Mechanical engineering in University College London (UCL), please dont hesitate to link such fellows with me. I believe I could give some info that could help them with ease. Like Newton said; "If I have seen any farther its because I'm standing on the shoulders of giants (people that had gone ahead of me)".

I wish you all guyz well, U will all succeed!

Regards
    beewhyfocus

G

@uche7869
    uche please give us the details of what the ptdf call was all about. i have not received any call from ptdf. please brief the house.

@beewhyfocus, Thanks a lot for your relieve.
    I am indeed grateful. I am hoping for the best.

Please I dont know if you can help me with
    any link that could assist me to learn MatLab fast.
    I have good idea of it now but I am having problems
    using the GUI as it suppose.

Please kindly rescue.

Yours in scholars struggle.....

@ beewhyfocus,
    I still want to appreciate your enormous contributions.....More grease to ur elbow!!

It appears the global recession has put pressure on UK universities this year with more graduates than usual choosing to remain in school for postgraduate programmes rather than face a tough job market with diminished employment prospects. Apparently, many schools have already met their quota and, in my opinion, may have a tendency to favour their own undergraduate students in admissions. I've heard quite a number of applications for top schools were rejected, including mine at Manchester University.

I'm a little concerned that some of this year's PTDF scholars will not get the same opportunity to study at what are considered elite schools as those from previous years had. However, I will acknowledge that any chance to study in the UK is still a great opportunity and many times too much emphasis is placed on reputation over substance.

I have been following this thread for some time, and have found the contributions very helpful, particularly those from the past and current scholars who have taken the time to ease some of our insecurities and concerns.

people that went to abuja 4 their visa processing should plz update the house about happenings,thanks

@ kALISTUS
    kalistus, please what do you mean about people going to abuja for visa processing. has ptdf started calling people to go to abuja for visa processing. I dont understand what you mean. please clarify by explaining your question well.

please when is induction

yes ,sm pple abt 80 were called for the processing of their visa in abuja, i head they arecalling in batches

ska

Those who have gone 4 visa processing in Abuja should brief the house. Uche how far?

Induction details in yesterday guardian....

+ Reply
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast