+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Topic: 2009/10 PTDF OVERSEAS MSC & PHD SHOLARS

ory

Re: 2009/10 PTDF OVERSEAS MSC & PHD SHOLARS

@topson44: pls throw more light...

House, pls I need to know where d intending phd scholars stand in all these. nobody seem to hav mentoned them in past strings. Are we together with the msc scholars or just on our own?- the induction, visa processing, travelling...
    Though the list of successful phd scholars is not out yet and it's over a month the interview was conducted in Abuja, can some one who knows help ease my anxiety? May be any previous scholar.
    I will really apprecite it.
    Thanks!

One house!

Hello house,

Yes people were called for visa processing and they are still in Abuja. Dont be scared for they are calling in batches. Everyone will be attended to before the induction. There is no cause for alarm, As I said earlier, it is just for visa processing and collection of award letters, it is not for induction.
    For your own information, you weill be responsible for your accomodation, feeding, transport, etc. so prepare for they might call the second batch next week.

@ Everybody.......No need to panic at all........lol....According to What PTDF told us yesterday, Those of us invited to Abuja now are those that already have unconditional offers with schools in the UK, not only that , our unconditional offers have gotten to the PTDF office here in Abuja. As a result and due to the large number of people the UK embassy handles now, they want to start applying for the visas now so that during the induction, the pressure on PTDF AND THE UK EMBASSY WILL BE REDUCED.....

Now let me give u guys some news, There is a document called an ATAS certificate required by the Uk embassy for certain courses; (

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/fco-in-acti.../weapons/atas/ )..should tell you about that.. so if u can contact your school to know if you need it and if you do, begin to apply online..,it will make things easier for you. Most people going for process Engr like me will need it while those going to say Herriot watts for petroleum Engr will not need ATAS..jUS GET IN TOUCH WITH UR SCHOOL AND FIND OUT.....

I hear the Induction invite was in yesterday's guardian, How true is that and how can we confirm..?will have to go look for it myself.....for now this is the status of things.....They may not invite evryone befor e the induction, those not invited should not panic, they will do their visa processing on time during the induction and will still get their visas on time to travel....will keep u guys posted.....

Hello house, what Uche said is tru, try and check if your course requires the ATAS certificate because without that, your visa will not be processed if your course requires it and it will take between 2 to 3 weeks to process it. So that u can apply for it on time.

Yes,
    A scholar just called me that the list of successful PTDF scholars were published in yesterday guardian and also that of the induction.

The induction starts on 9th and will be for 4days.

Pls check out yesterday guardian for details...

As per ASAP.
    House shed more light...

Cheers....
    I WILL ALWAYS RESPECT MY FRIENDS.............

Info on The Guardian, Monday, July 20, 9009 Pages 30 - 31

Page 30 - List of successful candidates for 2009/2010 PhD overseas Scholarship Scheme

Page 31 - Has this on the bottom page

All the successful PhD as well as MSc awardees of the 2009/10 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme (OSS) are hereby invited to participate in a mandatory three (3) day induction programme scheduled to take place as follows:

Date: August 10th - 12th, 2009
    Venue: International Conference Centre, Area 10, Garki, Abuja
    Time: 9:00am daily

Arrival and registration: August 9th 2009, 4:00pm - 7:00pm

All candidates are required to come along with the following:

1. current international passport
    2. 8 Nos: passport photographs (coloured on white background)
    3. orignal certificates/credentials
    4. All PhD candidates are to undergo a medical examination during the induction period
    5. Lecturers to present a bond letter from respective universities
    6. Deferred scholars from 2008/9 are invited for revalidation of their documents on August 12th, 2009 at 9:00am

please note that PTDF will provide accommodation and feeding during the induction programme. The Fund will not be responsible for the payment/reinbursement of candidate's transportation cost.

I hope this helps for those who may not have access to the paper

@de-wise

You have done a great job.
    I appreciate your doings..

Pls do you have materials on Matlab
    most especially on GUI for calculations...

Thanks..
    I WILL ALWAYS RESPECT MY FRIENDS.............

I need to learn stuffs on MATLAB. How do I go about it? thanks for ur reply
    GOD is my shepherd

I can't but express my appreciation to the house for prompt dissemination of info on the PTDF 20009/10 Scholars. The info have been very useful and guided me in making certain decisions.
    It has allayed my initial fears and concerns.
    I pray God to bless all contributors to the thread.

ska

U are welcome

@beewhyfocus

I need to get in touch with you because I have an offer from UCL for which I have been invited to comeforward for processing of visa.

Please text your number or email to +2347033049765 so that i can benefit from your wisdom, since I will God-Willing be coming to your area.

@Kangaroo,
    I am profoundly sorry that I couldnt answer your enquiries but I believe beewhyfocus has done justice to most of it.

Cheers
    "That which u share will multiply, that which u withhold will diminish"

PLEASE WHO HAS MATLAB SOFTWARE SHOULD HELP. I THINK WE ALL NEED IT.

***TOGETHER WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL***

@ Kaybow

You might want to contact me through email. My email address is [email protected]. If you send me an email, I could communicate alongside or send my number.

Once again, congrats on your admission.

@ Topson 44
    How do you mean that u are having problem with GUI? If you have the program loaded on your system, just get some tutorial notes on MATLAB. It should help u. Actually, to fully understand how everything work, you might need to be using it to work first. Just learn the basics and familiarise your self with the syntax and command for now.

@ All,
    Its your time of enjoyment, so go for it. Those for days will forever be engraved in your memory, at least you will start to taste what it is supposed to be for Nigerians, I mean the better and enjoyments!
    G

+ Reply
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast