+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Topic: 2009/10 PTDF OVERSEAS MSC & PHD SHOLARS

Re: 2009/10 PTDF OVERSEAS MSC & PHD SHOLARS

Quote Originally Posted by de-wise
    @ bzac,
    The info would be available by october this yr.
    More so, you can visit PTDF website for more info.
    http://http://www.ptdf.gov.ng
    sorry 4 that mix up.
    chech out the link: http://www.ptdf.gov.ng

THIS MIGHT BE OF INTEREST IF YOU HAV THE TIME!

PTDF HOLDS INTERACTIVE SESSION WITH FCC- CLEARS MISCONCEPTIONS ON ITS OPERATIONS

The Executive Chairman of the Federal Character Commission Professor Shuaibu Oba Abdulraheem, has attributed the misconceptions held by the commission about the application of Federal Character in the operations of the Petroleum Technology Development Fund to absence of communication between it and the Fund. He was therefore happy at the appearance of the Management of the Fund, led by the Executive Secretary, Engr. Muttaqha Rabe Darma before the power and energy committee of the Commission to clear the haze on some issues bordering the Commission on the operations of PTDF.
    He noted that equity is being practiced at the level of Management of the Fund, which underscores the main purpose of the constitutional provisions on the application of Federal Character principles to achieve national unity. He urged the Management of the Fund to expand and broaden the Fund’s operational base and make it possible for a greater number of Nigerians especially those at the grassroots to take advantage of the Scholarship Scheme of the Fund. According to him “a lot of Nigerians in the remote areas who are qualified to be offered Scholarships need to be fished out by bringing your activities closer to the people. At the level of awarding Scholarships, there appears to be lopsidedness in favour of those in urban cities, and this will impair the federal character principles when eventually the scholars trained by the Fund take up positions of authority in the oil and gas industry”.
    At the interactive session with the Power and Energy committee of the Federal Character Commission, the Committee Chairman Engr. Ahmed Ishaq commended the new Executive Secretary for responding to the invitation by the Commission which he said will contribute in building mutual co-operation, trust and confidence between PTDF and FCC. He said however that the Federal Character Commission is concerned about the administration of the Overseas Scholarship Scheme by PTDF and the conduct of recruitments into the Fund.
    He said the Commission has been inundated with complaints by some states alleging marginalisation of their indigenes in the recently concluded award of Overseas Scholarships, while in some cases non indigenes are awarded Scholarship by impersonation.
    The Executive Secretary in his elaborate response to the allegations said some of the assertions of the Commission are completely and totally wrong and exhibits a lack of understanding of the operations of the Fund. On the allegation by Nassarawa and Rivers states that some names of candidates listed against their states are not from their states, the Executive Secretary said “unfortunately one of the names Dele Sunday was offered Scholarship from Rivers state for Refinery Design and Operations. It is alleged that the name is not indigenous to Rivers State and the bearer could not have come from the State. Another was Benjamin Bala from the same Rivers State and another beneficiary of our Scholarship Scheme.The name raised doubt as to the bearer being an indigene of Rivers state. My response is if you say Dele Sunday and Benjamin Bala do not come from Rivers state, how then did Rotimi Amaechi come from Rivers State. Rotimi is known to all as Yoruba name while Amaechi is Igbo name. So how with such a name, Rotimi Amaechi is not only an indigene of Rivers State but also the governor”.
    He regretted the stance of the complainants which he described as an unfortunate perception. According to the PTDF Executive Secretary, the Fund in processing applications for its Scholarship Scheme relies on the letter of indegeneship attested to by chairmen of Local Government Councils and which is also a condition precedent for the Scholarship awards.
    “When PTDF is considering candidates for Scholarship awards, it does not go to each and every Local Government to enquire if such eligible names come from the Local Government; go and show me his father, his grandfather in order to authenticate indegeneship of the state. Once a letter of indegeneship is issued by the Local Government, PTDF will not challenge its authenticity. So if a Local Government gives somebody who is not from that Local Government, a letter of indegenship for whatever reason, then it is not the fault of PTDF. That indicates, even if the bearer’s name is not indigenous to the area that the person is from the Local Government. Then there is nothing PTDF can do other than to locate that candidate in the Local Government”.
    Engr. Muttaqha Rabe Darma told the committee that the Fund is in the process of establishing a data bank of past and present Scholars of the Fund, as the Petroleum industry bill requires PTDF to not only award Scholarship for the training of Nigerians in oil and gas related fields but to also ensure that the Scholars of the Fund are gainfully employed/engaged within the industry.
    To put to rest apprehensions by the committee about the transparency and integrity of the process leading to the award of the Scholarships, the Executive Secretary gave details of the step by step processes leading to the awards. He said the Fund begins the process by sending not less than one hundred hard copies of the application forms to every state of the Federation through the State Scholarship boards.
    And to take care of those who may be qualified for Scholarship awards but are not resident in Nigeria, the Fund also promotes the on-line version of the application forms. In filling the forms, applicants are among others required to indicate their Local governments and States of origin. The Fund publicises the fact of the release of the paper application forms to State Scholarship boards and the on-line version on radio, television and in newspaper publications, to enable eligible and interested candidates to collect the forms or access the forms on-line.
    The Fund he said collaborates with some top Universities in the UK in the placement of its Scholars. As a result, PTDF he said ensures that only candidates who meet the stringent requirements of these top Universities are selected for the award. “So we accept a minimum qualification of a second class lower division(2.2),a credit pass in English at WAEC (not NECO) as these Universities abroad do not recognise NECO but WAEC as a regional exam body”. The Executive Secretary made it clear that the nature of oil and gas related courses for which Scholarships are awarded to deserving candidates is derived from a skills gap audit in the industry.
    “The skills gap audit determines the manpower requirements in the Petroleum Industry and PTDF tailors its course to satisfy the human capacity requirements”. The Executive Secretary said that the National Content Initiative also plays a role in determining the courses for which the Scholars will be sent abroad to study. “The National Content Initiative mandates PTDF to reside about 70% of human capacity requirement in oil and gas industry in- country by 2010 and what the skills gap audit reveals as being the requirement, we train Scholars in relevant disciplines to fill up”. Engr. Muttaqha Rabe Darma said.

ONE LOVE!!

hi house

Hello House,

Any new info is welcome.

Please someone should tell me more about this PTDF stuff. I am highly intrested in this stuff but do not know how to go about. You can email me via my email address [email protected]. When you assist a less informed, God will surely bless you

Quote Originally Posted by toskey
    Please someone should tell me more about this PTDF stuff. I am highly intrested in this stuff but do not know how to go about. You can email me via my email address [email protected]. When you assist a less informed, God will surely bless you
    JUST click this link for more info: www.ptdf.gov.ng

I hope this suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by sophialove
    Hello
    My name is Sophia,i saw your profile today and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send an email to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am.Here is my email address( [email protected]) I believe we can move from here I am waiting.
    (Remember the distance or color does not matter but love matters alot in life)
    Thanks
    Sophia

SOPHIA,

YOU KEEP POSTING THE SAME THING EVERY WHERE. WHAT IS REALLY YOUR PROBLEM?
    HOPE YOU REALISE THAT YOUR POST TO EVERY THREAD IN THIS SITE IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE !!

BE WARNED!

ONE LOVE

Once again, Congras to all those who made it on the 2009/10 PTDF OSS. God is the source, praise him.

Please, you can help me with the test format or materials like the past questions if any. I read Petroleum Engr and would love to apply for 2010/11 sitting since I meet the requirements.
    My mail add is [email protected]

Please help

jeb

Special thanks to all the good people of this house, it's really fun to be with you all.

I believe my success at the last PTDF exams was because you were there for me, supplying the house with reliable information and all of that. God bless you all.

I wish to ask if any one has been contacted by Imperial College after the online registration.

Pls if you are, let us know when and how.

One love.
    I

Hello Jeb, concerning the question if anyone has been contacted by Imperial College, I will like to say I havent but I called Sam Mckinztrie at Univation and he said the admission process usually takes about four to six weeks before candidates are contacted because the school usually has a lot of applications to handle. Meanwhile it is best to start familiarising yourself with your course modules while u wait. It shall be well!

What GOD has started, he shall complete. God bless

Glory to God for all you guys who were successful and have been chosen for this wonderful opportunity, please guys lets try to spread the news of PDTF to ALL graduates especially our brodas in South-South, pls HOW CAN I GET THE FORM kindly forward ur material & info to me on [email protected].
    Abeg how and when can I get the form

Some people that refuse to use the univation e-mail address had been contacted for conditional offer of admission becos they mistakenly use their personal e-mail address. I believe univation would have received similar e-mail address on their e-mail. one luv....
    I WILL ALWAYS RESPECT MY FRIENDS.............

Some people that refuse to use the univation e-mail address had been contacted for conditional offer of admission becos they mistakenly use their personal e-mail address. I believe univation would have received similar e-mail on their e-mail address that we use to apply. Wait till when they will contact you...one luv....
    I WILL ALWAYS RESPECT MY FRIENDS.............

Hello House,

For those asking question about the form, it is not yet out. It is usually published by october.

Is the any info for other beneficiaries not in Imperial College list?
    Has PTDF said anything yet?

Any info on the above, let the house know.

One luv...

+ Reply
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast