+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Topic: 2009/10 PTDF OVERSEAS MSC & PHD SHOLARS

Re: 2009/10 PTDF OVERSEAS MSC & PHD SHOLARS

Hey! Just to drop some few note and add to all that I have been reading from this Blog.
    'PTDF'; honestly, I know how you guys are feeling right now. But please just be careful how you take decisions. If you are not "satisfied" with your current job/career, then a masters abroad will be just the best bet. It does not guarantee you a job afterwards but only adds more colour to your CV. believe me. After the Masters programme you are just like any other fresh graduate back to the drawing board of job applications and aptitude tests. Then comes the all important question; why on earth should you resign from your well paid job to attend a masters which is meant to offer you the same job in the first place? Please oh! Think before your resign your appointment.

For those who seek a better career path. Be wise to know that it is not the "petroleum geo-science" or the "drilling engineering" that you study in "Imperial College" that will get you a job but your ability to study courses which are relevant to the Oil and Gas industry. And to the best of my knowledge PTDF will only give you courses which will be relevant to the industry. The course given to you was not the one you applied for right? Ok is it similar in any way to your field i.e. Mechanical, Chemical or Petroleum Engr? Then consider giving it a shot. Most candidates have concentrated on some particular courses and you all can’t be give the same course to study this is simple logic. You will all have opportunity to apply for graduate jobs after the programme and every single one will be considered. Trust me.

Well for those who intend applying later this year, start preparations now oh!, this thing is getting really competitive. Get books and as many materials as you can lay your hands on and start preparation now.

Don’t worry about PTDF I score them 101% in doing their own part. They will leave no stone unturned. The learning environment here is quite different as Gthermal has been preaching! Start getting ready for it is quite demanding, highly rigorous and very practical. They test your understanding and not your knowledge? So don’t think you will memorise anything and pour in the exams, that’s a failure over here. They like Originality. Say it the way you understand it (not verbatim).

Hopefully you guys will get here soon and understand what I am talking about.

Finally do as PTDF instructs you. This is probably the most important advice. He who has an ear let him hear oh!

I rest my case.

i wish every one of u success in ur choosen field. also let the information go round when its time to apply for the next one.

Hi Pals...Please do you know anybody that has been contacted by UCL? And is there any list for those being considered for admission at UCL?

Thank you.

oat

thank baba God 4 ur lives. Keep on keeping on!
    famous

Hey G.Thermal... thanks alot for your advice... Please i will like more advice on how to defer ones admission till next year?? i think that might be a good idea... I am however trusting in the LORD to guide me aright as I dont want to althogether miss the wonderful opportunity the scholarship presents. I like the course i was given and i also love the school But I jsut need good enlightenment on the process of deferring the PTDF scholarship. By then, I mus have secured my job!
    @Ayomowo... Thanks!

Congratulations to all who made it for the PTDF scholarships for this year,step out & make Us all proud.I happen to be one of those who were not so lucky but am not detered amgoing to apply again,but i need the help of the house in my preparation.i would want tomapply for industrial Biotechnology or Bio fuels development thus i require materials to do this ,Any help will be appreciated my e-mail is [email protected]ks One Love.

pls i need an enlightenment on how to apply for this mcs stuff

@ Ayomowo, Man, thanks for that info!

HELLO HOUSE,

ANY INFO ABOUT THOSE WHOSE NAMES WERE NOT IN THE IMPERIAL COLLEGE LIST?

SOME PEOPLE ARE YET TO KNOW THE SCHOOLS THEY WILL B SENT TO.

ANY INFO ON HOW TO GO ABOUT THIS IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED.

PLS ADVISE WERE POSSIBLE!

guy relax, i think they are currently working on it and in this coming month,hopefully we will know the school allocated to us cos septemger is still a couple of months away, they contacted the people 4 impearial cuse theschool asked each individual to apply.

@2009/10 PTDF SCHOLARS - MY PEEPS, NOW THAT NAIJA HOTJOBS HAS DONE A LOT IN CONTRIBUTING TO UR OVERALL SUCCESS AS PTDF SCHOLARS, IT IS ONLY RIGHT AND JUST THAT THE LEGACY CONTINUES. AS SUCH I WOULD CHARGE YOU ALL TO THUS 'BLESS' THE NEXT GENERATION BY PROVIDING INFORMATION ON THE FOLLOWING;
    1. TEST FORMAT AND LIKELY/PAST QUESTIONS.
    2. STUDY MATERIAL AND GUIDE.
    3. PREFERED STUDYING METHODS.
    4. OTHER NECESSARY INFO SUCH AS IDEAL REGISTERATION TIME AND NECESSARY DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR PROCESSING.

IF THIS IS DONE, CERTAINLY YOU WOULD BE LEAVING A TRUE LEGACY TO THOSE WILLING TO TOW THE PATHS YOU HAVE TAKEN(SUCH AS MY HUMBLE SELF)...REMEMBER 'SUCCESS WITHOUT A SUCCESSOR IS ABJECT FAILURE'...
    DO NAIJAHOTJOBS PROUD...
    THANK YOU.
    ...the time of the manifesteation is at Hand...Hab. 2 : 3

Quote Originally Posted by de-wise
    I WANT TO SAY A VERY BIG CONGRAT TO ALL IN THE HOUSE WHO MADE IT IN THE LAST CONCLUDED 2009/10 PTDF OVERSEA SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC & PHD TEST ON JANUARY 31ST 2009.

I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST!!!

MAY THE LORD WHO HAS DONE IT FOR EVERYONE OF YOU (INCLUDING MYSELF) DO SAME FOR ALL WHO ARE GEARING UP FOR NEXT YEAR.

I MUST CONFERS HERE THAT IT WAS REALLY THE INTERVENTION OF GOD THAT SAW ME THROUGH.

I DID NOT EVEN FINISH MUCH OF THE QUESTIONS ASKED, COUPLED WITH THE FACT THAT IN THIS COUNTRY SO MANY THINGS ARE DONE AT THE LEVEL OF "MAN-NO-MAN".

SINCE I KNEW NO SENATOR, MINISTER, ETC, BUT GOD. I TRUSTED IN HIM AND AS IT PLEASED HIM, MY NAME WAS SHORTLISTED. SO MANY ARE MAKING IT, WITHOUT HUMAN'S HELP!

IF YOU'RE STILL HOPING, BELEIVE IN GOD AND DEFINTELY ONE DAY, NOT LONG FROM NOW, YOU SHALL ALSO BE SMILING. JUST A STEP AHEAD!!

FOR THOSE WHO MADE IT, I WANT TO SUGGEST THAT WE SHOULD TRY TO KEEP OTHER UPDATED ON THE LATEST INFO.

IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO, IT SHALL BE APPRECIATED.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

GOD DEY.......!!!
    pls hw can i get to know abt it

@ bzac,
    The info would be available by october this yr.
    More so, you can visit PTDF website for more info.
    http://http://www.ptdf.gov.ng

+ Reply
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast