+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Topic: 2009/10 PTDF OVERSEAS MSC & PHD SHOLARS

ska

Re: 2009/10 PTDF OVERSEAS MSC & PHD SHOLARS

@ rapito, I also want to know what you mean by reading between the lines. I checked the site and the info there is the same one in the papers. Can you pls elucidate?

@taiha02

pls shed more light.

hello house,

Please can anybody tell me what one need to carry along when travelling to UK.

Items like: books, clothings, electronics(computer, clipper, etc), books, etc.

Please advice

HELL OGUYS
    HOPE U ALL ENJOYED D EXCESS FOOD DURIN THE INDUCTION.
    HOW COME I DIDN'T C ANY OF U! UNA BEEN DE HIDE??
    ITS ONLY CALLISTUS I SAW. ANYWAY WE'LL C IN UK.
    @DEWISE
    CARRY AGBADA, BOXERS, SINGLET, WRAPPER( 4 COLD),

@De-wise,

Thanks mate...i am very grateful for the info.

All the best!...the future holds more blessings for you!

Quote Originally Posted by de-wise
    hello house,

Please can anybody tell me what one need to carry along when travelling to UK.

Items like: books, clothings, electronics(computer, clipper, etc), books, etc.

Please advice
    hi, even though I am not one of u guys, I am currently doing my MSc here in the uk n i thot id chip in. Pls try to take as minimal stuff as u can. u certainly dont want to hav excess luggage when leavin naij. i doubt ptdf wud pay for that one oH! but all the same, carry ur warm clothes as winter is fast approachin. jeans, tshirts, shirts, cardigans or sweaters if u hav, if u hav not, not to worry, u can buy them cheaply here. trainers or sneakers wud b a bonus too! ur allowance shud b sumthin like 23kg x 2 cases. carry books (old notes and textbooks) u feel are relevant to ur course. it helps sumtimes, like to reread a topic, but this time, ur readin it in ur own words or in familiar words of ur naija lecturer. for those of u textbook crazy naijas who can read evry, no worries, ul c textbooks in the libraries here, itl blow ur mind!

for those asking about matlab, its not a biggie. wen i came here, i had no clue about the language, now, its a different story. i can code evry!! lol! but yea, as byfocus said, u just need to know the basics, the syntax etc and as the applications come up, ul learn more. no1 expects u to b a master coder at this stage. n u always hav ur tutors and lecturers to help u.

its rly not like naija, where ul b scared of even goin up to meet ur lecturer to greet him. here, u call them by their first name, n they are always there and willing to help. they smile and say a warm hello wen u jam them in the elevator. ul b assigned a tutor (a lecturer, kind of like ur course adviser just this time, hes rly nice) to help with any extra stuff u require n to advice on all issues scl related.

its been a rly fun experience for me. in such stark contrast to wot ive always known as normal in naija. but ive luvd experiencing the best of both worlds sha. wudnt trade my time in naija or here for anything.

i wish u all the best. relax, ur time of joy and success is here!! peace

Please i need materials to prepare for INSTRUMENTATION AND CONTROL [email protected]

House Has any body heard for PTDF after the induction?
    What is happening to our original credentials?
    When shall we have them back?
    Please if you have a number one can call to get information, pls we would like to have it so as to know when the visa would be ready.

@Chairman1, @dewise @kalistus @Impish.
    Thank God, you have arrived. I wish u all d best in Uk. I believe you are petroleum engr or have coleagues who are pet. engrs. I would like to have d solution to this directional drilling problem, which i stumbled upon in one PTDF question. Given: kick off depth 300ft, target depth 8000ft, target drift 2000ft and build up rate 2degrees/100ft. Calc the along hole depth. I checked Advanced Driling Engr textbook, SPE series, but couldn't find d soln. Anyone with an idea plz post.
    I am a Success in Jesus Name. AMEN!

@dewise, I heard that scholars are applying for their travelling tickets and the first batch of scholars, i.e those going to the University of Dundee are leaving this weekend. A friend of mine called PTDF and they said if there is anything, they will let us know so we are keeping our fingers crossed.

Hi all,
    I should say a big thank you to all the past years" scholars and everyone who has contributed to this forum over the past few months or sud i say year!Lol

Well i am one of this years scholars and i'd just like to know how you guys have been doing after your m.sc. in the "prestigioud " UK universities. Do PTDF scholars haev to return home immediately and how long is the typical student visa for m.sc. in England? U can also share any info that you feeel will allow us settle down quickly in the Uk
    Lastly i noticed that some of the notices given by the PTDF are quite short (maybe that is unavoidably so) like they can tell you to appear in their office tomoro at 8am. Lol. Do they communicate travel dates well ahead or should i expect their call one day to go!?

To all my fellow 2009/2010 scholars, congrats one more time. But then this is just the begining...May God see us all thru to the end.

ska

I heard PTDF placed a notice in The News yesterday, asking us to check the website for an urgent info. I checked but found nothing. Anybody with info on what it is all about?

@ska: wat was d info supposed to be about? and which daily was t in. the advert shold be easy to find if give those details. but i suspect there is no such advert in the first place. anybody wit useful info sud pls let us know wats up sha.

+ Reply
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast