+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Topic: Great and full scholarship opportunity in turkey.

@ Joaquin: Thanks for all your effort Bro, there's something I observed and needed clarifications on, when I was filling the applications online, I didn't have enought time to check on the different schools website and their qualifications or procedure, but as I was picking each course, it automatically list some schools from which I picked my choice. However, I also noted that only one school was shown when I picked a particular course like that, (I think Human Resources) and I have no choice than to pick the school. What is your view on this, I gave just 5 courses of my choice out of 10 options we had. Thanks and nice day

Re: Great and full scholarship opportunity in turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by koleefem05 View Post
    @ Joaquin: Thanks for all your effort Bro, there's something I observed and needed clarifications on, when I was filling the applications online, I didn't have enought time to check on the different schools website and their qualifications or procedure, but as I was picking each course, it automatically list some schools from which I picked my choice. However, I also noted that only one school was shown when I picked a particular course like that, (I think Human Resources) and I have no choice than to pick the school. What is your view on this, I gave just 5 courses of my choice out of 10 options we had. Thanks and nice day
    All i can say is first of all, during my time we were not as lucky as you are to select the schools we wanted to go to before now, worse, we could not even choose to go to private universities which you guys can now do and is a good thing because your choices are bigger now especially for those who really want to study in English schools. Secondly, its great how they even made it easier for you to select from a large range of schools via the applications automatic listing of available schools for the courses choice. it would have been good if you researched on the schools available to your course selection first before eventually selecting. However i dont think it is anything you should be worried about. First focus on getting chosen for the main thing, then anything else can be discussed and/or changed with their authorities, hopefully, in your favor. Goodluck.
    TheSuperNerd likes this.

Thanks Bro, I really appreciate your openess and optimism. May Jah see us through. Thanks and nice day

Application done and dusted. Thanks Joaquin. Let's hope some Nigerian factors don't come in mid-way. Btw, my school's grading system is up to 7.0 I just wrote my grade and attached my official transcript. I also attached my certificate.
    anyways, thanks Joaquin64, without you I wouldn't have known about this.

Regards

Good to know SuperNerd.

Application completed! Thanks joaquine. Now we wait for the selections.

@Joaquin,gretins to u big bro,Let me commence by applauding ur genuine and selfless efforts so far wit regards 2 dis valuable information. Its indeed a big and rare one in our contemporary age where scammers and admission racketeers are on d increase daily. I hv bin followin developments on dis thread wit keen interest. I was casual @ first and even left d info 4 some days wen I stumbled upon it. But subsequent revelation on d subject captivated my attention. I'm in Delta state University now as I write dis 2 claim my transcript whose process had begun,havin bin forced 2 embark on d travel so as to get d original cos I dnt even hv any. I only pray I'm able 2 meet d deadline. Pls,I nid ur help on d best way 2 state d address of d addressee 4 my letter of intent and dat of letter of reference. This becomes imperative cos a university don who happens 2 b my ex-course adviser wants 2 assist me wit d letter of reference 2day but requested 4 an appropriate address. Here is d one I hv in mind but I stand to be corrected;
    The Committee,
    2012 Turkish Government Scholarship,
    Through:
    The Turkish Consulate,
    Bla bla bla
    Lagos.
    Could dis address format also b appropriate for a letter of intent ?
    Meaningful help and suggestions wil also be appreciated 4rm dear colleagues who hv applied successfully. Tenx and God bless!

I think I'm stocked here too, but I've sent all other documents to them, just the reference letter and letter of intent, the former, on letterhead paper left

@mike85 Thanks for the compliments. That address is ok. So far it is sent directly to the embassy with an address related to the Turkey Government scholarship board, it is fine. The most important thing is it gets to them and the details in it. I believe same address can be used for letter of intent or reference as well. Try meet the deadline. Goodluck bro.

@Joaquin,Regards 2 u Big broda and tenx 4 ur response and willing disposition 2 help at all times. I'm still at my sch battling 2 secure my original transcript amidst unnecessary protocols,several hours of waitin 4 H.O.D and oda high profile academic staff signature, university staff who wants their palms 2 be greased before doin d job they are paid 2 do. Getin simple tins done appears 2 b via struggle and stress in Nigerian Universities. Dats why someone like mysef can't wait 2 catch in on an opportunity of dis nature. Already,I hv lost an invitation 2 attend an interview wit an int'l consulting firm I applied wit, though I'm still pleading wit dem 4 a reschedule. I take solace in d fact dat my transcript is now in its advanced stage of preparation n hopefully,I shuld b on my way bak 2 Lagos durin next wik 4 onward application. Here is my request dis time Big bro,4rm ur wealth of xperience on dis subject of admission, could u pls give me some COGENT and SALIENT points/reasons dat can b included in one's letter of intent dat could lend credence to one's application,thereby increasing one's chances of bin successful @ d selection phase? I believe dis are d tins one needs 2 pay close attention to in matas like dis involvin dealings wit foreigners and not just hastiness and rush 2 upload documents. U can just randomly mention dem, I will develop dem in addition 2 my own points 2 ensure they almost get to d 2,000 characters as requested in d application. Tenx a lot Bros,u remain an inspiration...

@mike85, I believe a letter of intent is simply that stating your intentions why you want this scholarship. So you have to appeal to them explaining certain financial drawbacks as to why you cant further your education elsewhere and need the scholarship. Ofcourse it may also help to appeal to them by including some great points why you are a qualified candidate for this opportunity. A little bit of information praising their education system may score you some points. I have emphasized this and i would emphasize this further, just like you, I am a student too and I do not work for these people and neither do I remember writing a letter of intent during my time so everything i expressed here are just my personal opinions as to what may make a great letter of intent if you may eventually rely on it. Simply be original, be very precise (this is extremely important as English is not their first language and usually nobody has the time to read long unnecessary stuff) and come in with your strongest point at the introduction of the letter. Goodluck.

Thanks alot @Joaquin64 for the information. I just completed my online application now and I am hopeful I will be selected. Thank you very much for all your support.

@joaq, thanks

+ Reply
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast