+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Topic: Great and full scholarship opportunity in turkey.

Re: Great and full scholarship opportunity in turkey.

ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT TURKISH SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
    Currently, international students from more than a hundred countries around the world are studying at the Turkish Universities. Until this year, students nominated by foreign governments would come to Turkey through the exam known as TCS. On January 11, 2012, Scholarships given to international students by the Republic of Turkey were transformed into a new scholarship program. With the new scholarship system, new regulations pertaining application, selection of students, quotas and departments have been introduced. Following principles are for the new scholarship system before the application period of 2012-2013: 1. The new scholarship system offers students accessibility, equal opportunity and reduced bureaucratic procedures. Furthermore, measuring students’ academic tendencies and capabilities, the new approach provides them with guidance during the process of department and university selection. 2. Application: Students will apply on their own via internet. Requested documents will be scanned and uploaded to the website by the applicants. Alternatively, applicants may choose to mail the documents or bring them in person to the Turkish Embassy/Consulate General in their respective countries. Students will be able to apply with fewer documents than those requested in the past. Calendar (timetable) for the application process will be finalized at the beginning of April and announced at www.ytb.gov.tr. 3. Selection of students will be made in two stages. In the first stage, the students' academic standing will be determined by evaluating at least one of the following criteria: graduation degree, university entrance exam degree, high school graduation exam score, international exam score, average course scores for the students who are studying their last year in high school. Students will make preference of universities and departments during the application. After the evaluation of applications, applicants who are academically deemed to be adequate will be invited for interview. In cases that applicants are not available due the physical distance the evaluations will be based on at least one of the following methods : paper- submitted documents, phone interview or online interviews. In the second stage, interviews will be held. Interviewers will evaluate the relevancy of academic background of applicants to the departments he/she applied to, his/her vision about the own country and Turkey and finally his/her career planning. Applicants will be placed in to the one of universities/departments preferred according to the ranking of students’ scores in these two stages. Interviews will be conducted in June-July and August compatibly with the countries’ academic calendar. Successful applicants will be announced in August. 4. There is no limit for the number of applications. Applicants who are successful academically and whose field preferences are compatible with his/her personal skills will be placed into one of his/her preferences considering his/her academic capability. Besides, a fair amount of reserve applicants will be created for those applicants who decide to forego their right of studying in Turkey; instead, those reserve applicants will be placed to the universities/departments based on their success ranking. 5. New regulations have been introduced with an aim to increase student satisfaction in the application to the university and department. Applicants will be able to choose to study at Turkey's exclusive private universities as well. Also the number of departments where the students could study in English has been increased. 6. Applicants have to demonstrate a minimum 60 % success in one of the following sections: high school graduation degree, university entrance exam degree, high school graduation exam score, international exam score. The students who have not yet graduated from their high school have to present their transcript showing that the average score of the courses attended until that time is minimum 60 %. 7. Turkish Scholarships are introduced this year. The terms of application, the list of required documents and information in more detail regarding the selection process will be shared at the beginning of April. Please be advised to visit periodically the website of Presidency for Turks and Related Communities (www.ytb.gov.tr) to get more information about announcements and application process. Thank you for your kind attention.

Now, if you have read the above, please follow these instructions. Go to www.ytb.gov.tr first of all. The page is in turkish, i know. Now, when you get on the page, look on the main body of the page for "2012-2013 Türkiye Bursları başvuruları başlamıştır." Click it, it would reveal some options, then click "Burslar hakkında bilgi almak ve başvuru yapmak için tıklayınız.." It would direct you to another page, and on the top right of that page you can then select the English option which would change the page to English. Then look on the tabs for "Application" and then start making your application. Please if in the process you come across some Turkish. feel free to copy and the information here and i would translate it for you, or you can use google translate which would give you some idea. PLEASE HURRY AND DO THIS ON TIME BECAUSE THE APPLICATION DEADLINE IS 1ST OF JUNE, 2012. Try and gather all your necessary documents, scan them, and keep them ready for the application. Nowadays everything is done on the internet and Turkey is a very Technologically advanced country, so you would have no problem. I would be open and willing to help anyone with further information, but please, Know that if you have any serious issues, your best bet would be to visit their consulate in Lagos directly or better yet, their embassy in Maitama, Abuja. Stay strong and Positive. Good things would always come for those who set out to find it. Good luck.

N.B: Apparently, instead of going through all that long process i just posted, simply click this Burslar hakkında bilgi almak ve başvuru yapmak için tıklayınız. and get to the page directly.

Yes, and a few very important information you must know before getting started in order for you to make an important decision whether this opportunity is for you or not. I cannot exhaustively cover all the information that can help you inform your decision as whether to apply for this scholarship but i believe i have 80% covered the most important information and general questions you may have which you will need to make you decide if to pursue this scholarship or not.
    Firstly, (fortunately and unfortunately-depends on you) you will be required to study turkish for one year before your start your undergraduate/masters/Phd degree program. Yes, THIS IS A MUST. Now, dont be scared or worried, Turkish is not the easiest language to learn but it is also not difficult. Infact, after you learn the language, you will be grateful you did because it would be good for your communication here and any language skill is always an added advantage to your CV, trust me on this. You will paid the scholarship stipend through out your stay here even while learning the language, so, you have nothing to worry about. Some people go on, after the language year to even select schools that teach in Turkish, if they feel they are good at it.
    Secondly, and extremely important too, those applying for Undergraduate degree have little to worry about. I stated earlier that some people go on to select schools that teach in Turkish. But, if you know you would not be willing to study in Turkish, (which in my opinion is not so easy but it depends on you, this is totally your decision not mine and it is a decision that can only be made when you are here in Turkey, taking the course), please write TOEFL. You dont need TOEFL to apply for the scholarship to Turkey but you may eventually need it when you want to apply for English speaking schools after you complete your Turkish Language Course. The earlier the better. So, if you have the time and ability to write it while still in Nigeria, please do. Also note that, you get to select the universities you wish to attend anywhere you want in Turkey after the Language course, you get 3 or 4 choices to make, but it is never 100% certain that you may end up with your first choice. So, take your Turkish Language classes seriously because you never know.
    Now, for Masters and Phd degree candidates, it is a bit different. Firstly, after the Language courses, you get to select a university of your choice anywhere in Turkey, and your 1st choices are given highest priority. Unlike the Undergraduates, 95% get their first choices which is a good thing for you. I WILL NOT ADVICE YOU TO SELECT A SCHOOL THAT TEACHES IN TURKISH, because i would assume you are older and it is harder to learn languages than younger people. Besides, you dont have the time. So, select english schools. You would need TOEFL for the application to English schools. like i mentioned earlier, you dont necessarily need TOEFL to apply for the scholarship but the earlier the better for you if u have the means and time to write it now. It is an easy exam so you have no problems getting good scores. Secondly, and this is very important, the two best English speaking schools where most masters and phd students apply to here, require GRE or GMAT. (Their names are Boazici university in Istanbul and Middle East Technical University, Ankara-the capital city of Turkey). You can google the schools to see it. Ofcourse there are lots of other English speaking schools you can apply to and yes, these other schools actually require GRE/GMAT too for Masters/Phd Programs, but fortunately, as Turkish Government scholarship holders, they ignore this and accept you easily. So, writing GRE may not be necessary for you. In summary, if you want to attend one of the 2 best Turkish schools-which are also of top quality in Europe-as i have listed above, then start preparing to write your GRE if you have the time before you come here. You can also write it within the time of your One year Turkish language course here, but i would always advice, the earlier the better for you.
    I am a masters university student here and I took my time to write this and answer a lot of questions which i am sure, if you go to the embassy they may not be able to give you ind etail but i believe coming directly from a students mouth here who understands the many decisions many of us may have to make before coming here and also while being here. The monthly stipends are great and cover you generously (as i mentioned in my opening message of this entire naija hotjobs post) if you dont want to live a wild lifestyle here, but it would always be best ofcourse to have a little extra with you. I would be eager to hear from applied and succesfully selected applicants to give them more information when they ask. Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers!

From wat I av seen, successful candidates will have to finance their language course by themselves

Junior Member realmorningstar4all's Avatar

No tripple....I saw it in their website dt all is covered...ma problem is dt after registration, they said a link wil b sent τ̅☺ ma mail τ̅☺ verify ma account but its more than 24 hours now nd am stil waitin....bro....shld I be worried?

@ morning star! I read through the various scholarship options for both undergraduate and graduates students and it was stated that the scholarship does not cover the language course that one will have to go through b4 the course starts. As for the mail stuff I've not registered yet but I think that u were supposed to have received it bcos it is usually automated.

Here is an excerpt from the scholarship info:
    "Moreover, this scholarship does cover the Turkish
    language education provided for you before
    starting your university program and your round
    trip flight ticket from your country to Türkiye".

@tripple4friends, you have answered your own question with that excerpt you posted.. Everything is covered including the language course, you pay for absolutely nothing in this scholarship, please read information more carefully. @morningstar, im sorry i dont know anything about the workings of the website and there is nothing i can do. But, please try re-registering again or use a different browser like firefox or chrome, if still worried, then you can always choose the option of mailing your documents directly to their embassy in abuja.

Now, contrary to what i said in my first post, I would only communicate and reply your posts here on , only and not through your personal messages, emails or phone numbers. So please, ask your questions here for the benefit of everyone to see and get information from and do not send me your personal email addresses, phone numbers or any documents at all.
    Some of you asked about the GRE, please read my posts very well, i have already made this very clear. No, You do not need it for the application to get selected for the scholarship, but you may eventually need it when applying to some particular schools here that strictly request for it when you want to begin your degree program (eg, Middle East Technical University and Boazici University). Please read my last few posts well.

Junior Member realmorningstar4all's Avatar

Thanks man...I want τ̅☺ know whether wassce is compulsory for masters student cos in d application site they didn't put asterisk concernin international or national exam....am askin this bcos wassce made a mistake in ma name nd I don't want them τ̅☺ see it as a trick τ̅☺ use sme1 own with thesame surname.

I would like to emphasize again that i do not work with anybody, I am only helping to pass information based on what i know to help u guys. That said, i do not know the technical details of the website involved and the embassy. But @realmorningstar4all, what i can tell you is that based on the time of my own application, i did not apply directly to the embassy. They have changed the process now, so i cant be sure. But to the best of my knowledge, they do not require your WASSCE as a masters student. But ofcourse you should be aware that for applications like these, it is always better safe than sorry,. I would advice you to fix your name issue for the sake of your future applications. A name issue is a big deal in foreign countries, just one character misspelled can jeopardize a lot of things. To the best of my knowledge, No, your WASSCE may not be necessary since you also mentioned that it was not asterisked on the site too. But i would advice you still send it along if u can. It is your decision, not mine. Goodluck.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE. I AM NOT IN ANYWAY A REPRESENTATIVE FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP SO I HAVE NO TECHNICAL SOLUTIONS TO YOUR WEBSITE OR APPLICATION ISSUES. I CAN ONLY SUGGEST WHAT YOU MAY BE ABLE TO DO TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE BUT FOR BETTER HELP AND ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS, CONTACT THE TURKISH EMBASSY IN NIGERIA DIRECTLY WHICH IS THE LIASON AUTHORITY IN CHARGE OF THIS SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION. I TOOK THE LIBERTY OF POSTING THEIR CONTACT INFORMATION HERE:

TURKISH EMBASSY IN ABUJA

Postal address:
    No: 5, Amazon Street (Minister's Hill)
    Maitama, Abuja - Nigeria

Telephone:Calls within Nigeria:
    +234 803 648 89 81
    +234 807 49 49 503

Satellite line:
    +90 (312) 218 62 14
    Fax:-

e-Mail: [email protected]

Working Hours: