+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: NYSC: SHOULD IT BE SCRAPPED?

Re: NYSC: SHOULD IT BE SCRAPED?

I dont know why its still taking the government time to scrape NYSC. This is just one year of waste. Within this year you cant further ur studies nor work. Instead u are forced to serve a country that will not give u a job atleast to compenciate the one year of service. Please it should be scraped so that that one will be well utilised by youths.

To me NYSC contributes no evil to nigerian society. Anybody that says it should be scraped should tell us the evil NYSC is contributing to the society. It is the only avenue that brings people of like minds,status,qualifications,etc together as one . It gives you the opportunity of knowing other parts of the country, knowing other peoples culture and so on. NYSC should not be scraped. OneLove

To me NYSC is like a waste of time.It is just a one year enslavement just like they call it in yoruba 'isinru'. Well, few people might have enjoyed it but many corpers out there are suffering......and ...... the government are shouting that we should be self employed and the alawi given is not even enough for feeding. Where are we going to get the capital to start the business........I beg Scrap NYSC and give us all the one year alawi after graduation......... at least to start something

Re: NYSC: SHOULD IT BE SCRAPPED?

I tink NYSC shud not be scrap but FG need to do smting cos 1yr shud not be wasted,to evry coin there is a 2 sides service year can never be 4geting in ones life,tink of the fun, meet people,learn new things,culture and memories to remember, the other side could be frusrating like small alawi, parading march,spending hours in sun uncomfortable sleep etc
    I serve in Zamfara State and can never 4get the christian gathering like RCCF [Redeemed Christian Coppers Fellowship].NB NYSC is no more National Youths Service Corps BUT Nigerian Youths Serving CHRIST.
    Dying 4 us was the MOST JESUS could do,living 4 HIM is the LEAST we can do

the programme should be re-focussed to enale it achieve it aims and objectives.
    i thaught the police force is more corrupt, but just find out thtat NYSC staffs the most corrupt group or institution in NIGERIA. THEY PREACH SERMON A AND DO SERMON B. THEY ARE DEVILS WHEN IT COMES TO MONEY ISSUES WITH ALLDUE RESPECT TO THE VERY FEW WHO ARE STILL TRUTHFUL TO THEMSELVES.
    I SAY THIS BCOS I AM CURRENTLY SERVING, THEY SHOULD ALSO REVIEW THE BYE LAWS OF NYSC TO CONFORMWITH THE PRACTICE OF DEMOCRACY. MOST OF THOSE BYE LAWS ARE OUTDATED.eg HOW CAN ONE SAY AN ELECTTED EXECUTIVE OF CORPS WELFARE ASSOCIATION BE SUBJECTTED TO CLO WHO IS AN APPOINTEE OF THE A.I, MORE SO IT IS AN ASSOCIATION OF CORPS MEMBER AND IS AS SUCH LIKE A LABOUR UNION.

NYSC should not be scraped, but govt should look into it critically. Since there is discrimination for does who do not serve.......
    TIME WILL COME.... NO RUSH,THERE'S TIME

I've waited for this debate long enough. I'm currently serving with my wounds still fresh. Nonetheless, I'll bypass the place of pain. But here are some questions that will help us ascertain the truth that can set us free. Where are we heading to as a nation? Very often we sing our national anthem but deliberately relegate the second stanza that can bring a re-awakening to the consciences of many Nigerian youths to the fading chronicles of Nigeria. Let me go down the lines briefly.

Oh God of creation
    Direct our noble course
    And guide our leaders right
    Our youths the truth to know
    This first four lines of our anthem embodies the dreams of men who know that there is demand of God - their creator upon their life. This creator ultimately desires to direct all our noble course. But the question is: Have our leaders sought guidance? And are our youths in search of truths that can set them free? Have the course of NYSC been directed to meet the pressing needs of the nation?And have our youths opened their minds to the truth of what is demanded of them at this time?The truth that Nigeria is not in need of interesting NYSC escapades.The truth that there needs to be policies that will promote the Nigerian dream. A dream to be sufficient technologically, economically, mentally, emotionally, physically. I hope by now it is unequivocal that there is an urgent need for total overhauling of the NYSC scheme.

THEY SHOULD NOT SCRAP IT BUT THEY HAVE TO IMPROVE THE SCHEME COS ITS BENEFICIAL TO SOME STATES THAT ARE BACKWARD IN ALL RAMIFICATIONS EDUCATION,HEALTH ETC.CORPERS ARE SUFFERING LIKE PEOPLE SERVING THEIR "FATHER LAND" IN PLACES LIKE PORT HARCOURT,ABUJA WHERE YOU CAN NEVER SURVIVE WITH #9500 IN A MONTH AND THE ACCOMMODATION IS VERY BAD.
    EVEN BEFORE THE END OF THE FIRST WEEK,YOUR SO CALLED "ALLOWANCE" IS GONE AND YOU WILL NEED TO SURVIVE AS A "PARASITE" ON TO OTHERS.
    IN MY OWN VIEW,THEY SHOULD ERADICATE CORRUPTION IN THE SYSTEM SOME SO CALLED "LI &ZI" ARE SO CORRUPT THAT EVEN SOME POLITICIANS ARE BETTER THAN THEM.
    THE IS SCHEME IS BAD AND IF NOT WELL PLANNED ,IT WILL COLLAPSE IN FEW YEARS TO COME.

On my side, I'll suggest the government makes it 2 years with authomatic employment for all those wishing to work for the government.
    I am the apple of God's eye.

PEOPLES I LIKE THIS TOPIC,
    AND I WANT TO PROCEED ON SAME LINE WITH OLLYBOY.
    I THINK NYSC SHUD JUST BE REDUCE TO ONE MONTH I.E AFTER THE ORIENTATION CAMP EVERY BODY SHUD PASS OUT AND GO THEIR INDIVIDUAL LIFE.
    BECOS THE TRUTH IS JUST DAT ONLY WEN U MANAGE TO COME OUT ALIVE THAT U CAN SAY IT WAS FUN OR NOT.
    THE PAINS OF NYSC FOR 1 YEAR IS NOT WORTH IT
    ON THE WINGS OF SIGNS AND WONDERS

Its Good, but it should be reviewed.

They should work on the duration, remuneration, and the operations generally.
    Thanks.
    Cash Rules Everytin Around Me(CREAM)...

i strongly beleive dat nysc has outlived its usefullness.instead wasting one whole yr,it would have been beta to use it to engage in more usefull things like agriculture and research.this will go a long way to reposition our comatoes economy and thus resusticate it back.

if not for nysc i wun know how our northern bros live. i mean dia culture, food, music,way of life etc it was fun pack. nysc is a welcome development

+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast