+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Topic: NYSC: SHOULD IT BE SCRAPPED?

NYSC: SHOULD IT BE SCRAPPED?

Who says NYSC should be trashed? Has it outlived or underlived its purpose?

What do you think guys?

What do you think about the whole system-Call-up, Age Limit, Posting, Resumption, Registration, Kits And Kitting, Parades, Primary Assignment, Certificate Errors and all that it embodies?

Share your thoughts!
    Heal the world, however positively you can.

Re: NYSC: SHOULD IT BE SCRAPED?

ITS WASTE OF TIME COS IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE,AFTER D ONE YEAR COMPULSARY EXERCISE NO JOB,ITS BETTER FG SCRAPS IT.IS JUST DAT IT FAVOURS THE NORTH!

aiwe, please mind your language about the north, what do you mean that it favours the north only?

it must not be scrapped

it is really helping in youth integration

else i might not have visited north in my lifetime

kai,
    i believe that as far as we are determined we will make it in life, dont giv up

Why musy NYSC be scraped? am never in support b'cos it's thr only avenue that brings us 2gether in dis country after football. looking at the bodies in NYSC like NCCF, it's so 1daful. there are some poeple i met in thie Body and i can never 4get them in life and we were not from the same geo-political zone, school, tribe nor anything thing u can think off.
    I served in Kano State and all my plan is not 2 come back b'cos it's a place to and if i didn't have d opportunity of serving there my mentality of killing poeple in d north will never change. but 2 b sincere i really enjoy that place.
    NYSC program is a 1daful thing in d site of d youths. please and pleasev never touch d button of scraping it if you want the togetherness of this country.
    Let d brotherl;y love continue...........I LOVE DIS FAMILY OF GOD

NOK

NYSC IS A 1DAFUL EXPERIENCE DAT ALL NIGERIAN GRADUATES SHOULD BE PRIVILEGED TO GO THRU. LIKE THE LAST SPEAKER SAID, ONE OF THE BEST EXPERIENCES IS WIT NCCF. I HAD AN AWESOME TIME SERVING IN YOBE STATE, A PLACE I WOULD NEVER HAVE GONE TO BUT FOR NYSC. NOW WEN I TALK ABOUT THE NORTH, I TALK FROM EXPERIENCE. WEN RIGHTLY DONE, IE NO WORKING OUT ONE'S POSTING, IT IS AN UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE.
    There is a time for everythg & a season for every activity under heaven.

What is the contribution of NYSC to the growth of this nation, what has NYSC added to your own field of study.. A case study of Engineering students... Can any graduate of this field boast of a complete skill...
    Cant there be a training school after graduation? like LAW SCHOOL..
    To me NYSC is just to show the world of my graduation.

Guys, Thanks for this discussion. I count it as a discussion bcos different views are needed. In my own contest is that, NYSC should not be scrap bcos it has alot of advantages and disadvantages. Although I've pass through it. my views are as follows:

My views
    - What the authority should do is that, they should review the system bcos the whole system is now losing its objective and strength. Imagine, a lawyer teaching govt as a subject, it is bad and soon.
    - Please dont discriminate bcos we are equally both but not equally talented. people in the north can be benefiting, what of others? so point of correction, don't discriminate. we both enjoy it.
    - they should try and review it such that, people will be practising their profession when serving, so that it will serve as an experience when one finishes, he/she will secure job on time.
    - guys, i dont av much time but i know, i have some little points, no matter what you went through during ur serving or u are about entering, dont look that side, some secure a good connection through it and some get a good job. Example a close friend of mine, serve at Kano, he write Zennith test at kano and pass, presently, it is there. a big boyz now. so, u never can tell what ur luck will look like.

I think I can rest case. thanks, and God bless. God will have mercy on us ALLLLLLLL. Amen!

I also serve in the north. (Katsina) inside bush where there is no network. think of that!

nysc has really helped in nation building! some community schools have no teachers save corps members. its the corrupt tendencies of de officials dat should be checked not scrapping de scheme. its a sacrifice to salvage and already damaged system. do ur best and leave de rest for God. If u serve faithfully, God wil bless u

NYSC should remain, but with a total overhaul, fitting up etc. Mine was intresting with NCCF(Ondo).
    Value has a value, only if it's value is valued.

well from my own point of view,i think NYSC shld not be scrapped but the objective and aim of the scheme shld be revisited,and sometin u b packaged for corpers afta service so as enable dem to stat a little buz of their own wen the jobs are not forthcoming.Imagine a life wit NCCF.it an experience i cant forget.the rural rugged evangelism and the likes is sometin i cant ever forget.well i served in Jos ,precisely jos north where the cold weather really dealt with some of us tht are allergic to cold.
    ====================================<br />PUT A SMILE ON SOMEBODY FACE TODAY

HONESTLY TO ME, NYSC SHOULD NOT BE SCRAPPED ALL. THOUGH THE PROGRAMME HAVE ITS OWN SHORTCOMINGS BUT WE SHOULD FOCUS MORE ON THE GOOD SIDE. I HAVE BENEFITED FROM THE PROGRAMME IN SO MANY WAYS. FIRSTLY, IF NOT FOR NYSC, I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN TO IMO STATE AND ITS NEIGHBOURING STATES LIKE EDO, ABIA, ANAMBRA AND SO ON. SECONDLY, I WOULDNT HAVE MEET THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE I MET DURING MY SERVICE YEAR. THIRDLY, I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DISCOVER MY ENTREPRENUERIAL SKILLS I POSSESS AND THE SCHEME ALSO GAVE ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO REALLY WORK OUTSIDE MY DISCIPLINE. AGAIN, IT ALSO AFFORDED ME THE OPPOTUNITY TO PUT INTO USE THE 48 LAWS OF POWER DURING THE CENSUS. WHAT I THINK THE GOVT SHOULD DO IS TO USE THE PROGRAMME IN OVERHAULING THE POLICE, IMMIGRATION, NAVY, AIR FORCE, CUSTOM, SSS, CID AND OTHER SECURITY AGENCIES. THE GOVT CAN ALSO USE THE SCHEME TO ENSURE FOOD SECURITY FOR THE COUNTRY SO THAT THE ONE YEAR IS NOT A WASTE ESPECIALLY THE OTONDO CORPERS (LOCAL GOVT CORPERS). IF THE PROGRAMME IS WELL CHANNELLED, THE IT WILL ALSO SERVE AS AN AVENUE FOR NATIONAL UNITY AND WELL ROOTED ONENESS THAT THE POLITICAL CLASS ARE PREACHING. AND OOOOOPS BEFORE I FORGET. IF NOT FOR NYSC, I WOULDNT HAVE MET MY SWEET HEART THAT WILL SOON BECOME MY WIFE IN TWO MONTHS TIME. YOU ARE ALL INVITED. THANKS A MILLION TIMES NYSC FOR THE OPPOTUNITY.
    KUTON YOMI

scrap no way. it brings us together and open doors of opportunities. so many would never had gotten a job if not for nycs, so many would not have been saved if not forNYSC 'NCCF', so many would have missed their life partners if not for NYSC. i can go on and on and on.Long live NYSC long live NCCF great family of God

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast