+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Topic: NYSC: SHOULD IT BE SCRAPPED?

Re: NYSC: SHOULD IT BE SCRAPPED?

DONT WORRY ITS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME ALL OF U SAYING IT SHOULD NOT BE SCRAPPED. IF NIGERIA DOES NOT DEVELOP, IT WILL NOT BE SCRAPPED THATS THE SIMPLE TRUTH. ITS A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY AND SOME CABALS ARE THE ONES EATING THE BULK OF THIS MONEY.

NYSC shld nt b scrapped.iy fosters unity among the youths in the country and as such,creates National consciousness!!

Our Universities are not helping to fulfil the objectives of the NYSC program,
    though the program is an effecctive tool in achieving economics integration.
    But has it helped we the youths in our various career pursuits?
    These and many more issues are what should be considered in
    deciding whether to keep or abolish the program.

The Opinion that NYSC should be scrapped is not a good one, I know many people would have different reasons to think so, mostly its cos of the time, "but the truth is it is all about the Benjamin's".

I believe if the Ministry of Education makes the service flexible enough even at the initial phase of posting, its all about patriotism right? so why slave drive the graduates, set them free to serve in the ways they know how, and the old/married, engaged, or already working ones, should easily be excused.from any sort of inconveniences the NYSC process might cause.

I also hope the Government could assist in getting work placement that relates to disciplines, NYSC should be seen as fun, and that's something for every graduate to enjoy. You meet new people with whom you become friends, colleagues or family, it unifies and bridge the divide amidst religion and culture.

M. I. Richards

AGE DISCRIMINATION IN THE LABOUR MARKET - UR VIEW

IT AS GOT TO A POINT where the youth call for a national conference on seemly little issues which directly or indirectly determine our future and that of this country.
    Have you ever been discriminated on ground of your biological age.
    I gone are the days ,as i thought , when racial ,tribal,colour .gendal differences are
    devouring the world peace and integration. but wat about this age palava of new generation companies.you need to see whatn i faced at the Bankphb interview yesterday.imagine after passing the rigorous test,which i wrote after waitn for for 11 hours to get a seat.i got home 11.45 pm in the nyte.i was called for test but turned back cos i am a yr above 27 their max recuitment age . Imagine!

Many ,90%, of nigerians ve been forced to falsify thier age.The educational ,socio-economic situation has made it difficult to graduate timely--the one yr compulsory service( which many actually wait a year extral before being called up , and a whole lot of other factors.

Wetin make we do my fellow
    prof. 'toye lanreabolaji...there is no limit to what  i can do,for we ve this treasure in earthen vessels that the excellency of power might be of God

It should not be scrapped. The only thing is that it should not be made compulsory. If u wish, u go but then if u dont want to go,an equivalent certificate that enables u to get work should be issued. Moreover, this issue of NYSC certificate b4 ure given work shd be eliminated. Smone who passed through a high institution is capable and fit enough to work anywhere without going through NYSC

jeb

NYSC be scrapped ... No, no, no! No way! The issue here is this, most people who say NYSC be scrapped never really had the time to look at it critically. They draw a quick judgment, and that can be devastating. It's like killing a little child because the child seems unproductive. Now, lets look it this way:

NYSC was formed over 30 years ago, i stand to be corrected, and since then what form of innovation has been added to it? It's like building a house 30 years ago, yet you expect the house to look matching with modern times, without painting it or adding one form of innovative touch or the other. No way! It's a dynamic world we live in so the present day government has to make it look better than the way Gen. Gowon left it.

Besides, it's usefulness in youth integration, building national unity and giving lots of youths a rare opportunity of knowing their fathers' land can not be over emphasized. What more can i say? NYSC imbibes in youths of today the need for selfless service to the nation. It has, to a large extent, bridged both cultural and religion lines, making it possible citizens to live and work free in any part of the country. The future, i tell you, depends on NYSC.

Fellas, i'll advise we begin continue this thread by making useful contributing on how NYSC can be better, powerful and interesting
    I

Without any apology whatsoever, the program had failed in it's entirety. So, I propose the two Houses (Lower & Upper) to propose a bill to SCRAPPING that wasteful one year experience.

What is it with this skill aqisition in Nigeria sef? snwaoks, I think you want to train people on what is already in excess in the system;be it bead making, tailoring, farming and the rest. Everything needs planning and I dont know how NYSC would help develop this country. Just look around you, how many people have the skills you said NYSC should provide - thousands of them. I quite agree with the paying off if the government does not have something more important to do with the money.
    Thus, without mincing words, IT SHOULD BE SCRAPPEDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

..why would somebody say it should be scrapped? For me I think it should stay but the playing ground should be level for all the parties involved. If it's all about teaching, every corps member should teach, if it's about one serving in his area of specialty, everybody should be deployed according to their disciplines. They know what to do, they only need to do it. NYSC is a worthwhile experience to have. Peace out!!!

Cordelia Ogaranya
    ..at d fullness of time, everything will fall into place.

NYSC is a violent rubbish, what do i mean by this a mission without a vision is like a blind man going on a mission; what are the aims of this programme are they fulfilling the aims? ask them, state directors are making there millions inequalities abound among corp members, sexual abuse is at its peak organisation of the programme is nothing but rubbish, imagine doing head counts in schools during strikes does it not sound stupid, well may be they think they are dealing with market men and women. this is insanity for God sake let them not only cancel it but abolish it.

It shud be scrapped, I just completed my service and seriously taught thru out the duration, attended all necessary and unneccesary, at the end of the day, i didnt get my Discharge Cert. Reason? Omission. Ok Give me Reference Letter let me get this thing by myself, I must say the inhumane treatment we got, begging for a cert one worked for is enough to see the negative side of NYSC.
    People might say it brings folks together but what of the way graduates are treated like Sec School chaps? or the stress we go thru to get accomodation, etc.
    NYSC should be scrapped after all it doesnt guarantee jobs for 80% of Graduates who participate yearly.
    Let us leave school and know its job we are looking for

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345