N1,500 for each person you invite to
    register as Netcontacts online member.
    To know more, log onto
    www.netcontacts.com.ng and register
    for free trial with Invitationcode:

Re: Employments search (a fraud in nigeria?) experience

My testimony is on the way coming.

Another true story for our encouragement.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbrodanaija View Post
    Though, it human 2 feel bad after going through the rigorous selection process without been successful @ d end of the day, I have however learnt over time dat u'll only get what is meant 4 u.

Lemme gist u about 2 of ma friend dat used 2 work with Schlumberger(Slb) and how I got ma second job.

One of these guyz attended Slb interview after passing the test and was asked an Electrical Engineering question on Electric Circuit during the interview, dis guy couldn't say something reasonable and they concluded that he wasn't good enough for the job and asked him 2 leave. Cos it was meant 4 him, one of the panelists said he felt d guy was okay and decided 2 give him a board and a marker 2 illustrate what he felt about the question(stating the answer) and the guy got it right so he got the job with dat. He left Slb a year after though.

The other guy passed the test and wasn't successful at the interview cos they informed the successful ones on d very day they had the interview. He left the venue and later decided to just call one of the panelists he somehow got his number during the interview and the guy told him 2 show up the following day promising to re-present him to another department. He went and was given the job.

Finally, on ma personal experience. I saw an advert on a page of "The Guardian" newspaper some years back for the position of Trainee Engineer and I applied. I had 2 phone numbers on ma CV(MTN and Econet of those days) cos I had 2 phones then. The company actually shortlisted people for test and created an Excel Spreadsheet on their database for the shortlisted candidates containing candidates name and phone numbers. They inputted my Econet number only on their database and contacted it to invite me 4 test. I never knew they discarded my MTN number on their system so I sold one of the phones then using only MTN. Few weeks after the test, I decided to swap the SIM cards cos I wanted to use the Econet line 2 make a call and an SMS came in inviting me 4 interview. The SMS was sent a day before that day and less than 24 hours before I saw it otherwise it would have bounced back without me still seeing it.

I went 4 d interview and other candidates were surprised 2 see me. They said they felt I didn't pass the test cos they earlier invited them 4 an interview which was cancelled by the MD apologising dat he couldn't conduct the interview anymore cos he just got a call for an urgent meeting in Abuja promising to reinvite them for the interview while reimbursing their Transport fare. Apparently, the SMS they sent for that very interview I missed was sent to my Econoet line which wasn't available during the period.

As if dat wasn't enough, during my interview, d MD said he chose 2 invite me 4 d interview cos I failed the test with a score of 40%. He said he like my CV and felt I would be a good catch 4 d company. I just completed NYSC then with 2 month experience on a job dat was paying me 15k then. I failed the interview cos all the questions were theory and practical oriented on Electrical installation which I had little knowledge on being a fresher then. I had the interview and they asked take my leave promising to get back 2 me as usual. I felt bad cos they asked others that went in b4 me 2 go upstairs and wait cos we were on the ground floor of a 3 storey building fully occupied by the company. I already felt they weren't taking me so I was more courageous to say anything. I asked them(d MD and other panelists) to tell me why they asked me to go home cos others that had their interviews b4 me were asked to wait. They smiled and told me that I already told them dat I was a muslim and fasting(it was during remadan then) during the course of the interview so they felt it wasn't necessary to keep me waiting cos they were waiting for the snacks and drinks already ordered for so dat they would be given to the candidates as refreshment. I smiled and took ma leave. Few weeks after, I was called to come for ma appointment letter. I collected d letter and worked with the company for 3 months b4 leaving them 4 a bank job dat was ready 2 pay about 150% salary increase. Now doing ma 6th year in d industry and fink it's time 2 move on. NNPC, where is ma letter? Well, U ONLY GET WHAT IS MEANT FOR U.

All d best guyz!!!

Are you a graduate?
    ARE you a Good Programmer / software engineer?
    Are you already in PH or willing to relocate at your own expense?

If you meet the basic requirement above. Send me a PM stating:
    Your skill (Programming lang etc)
    and your salary expectation per month. And i would getback to u. Also feel free to recommed young minds
    Disregard this advert after 15th of August as an interview would be conducted beforethe 18th of August

Are you a graduate?
    ARE you a Good Programmer / software engineer?
    Are your good in dot NET?
    Are you already in PH or willing to relocate at your own expense?

If you meet the basic requirement above. Send me a PMstating:
    Your skill (Programminglangetc)
    and your salary expectation per month. And i would getback to u. Also feel free to recommed young minds
    Disregard thisadvert after 15th of August as an interview would be conducted beforethe 18th of August

Wink Re: Employments search (a fraud in nigeria?) experience

Mine was crazy. Nollywood material. I'll just summarize it highlighting the ones that actually went far. Those I'll not highlight here are those that I wasn't invited for, didn't get past the Test nor get past the interview stage - without exaggerating, I did no less than 20 applications per week.

SHELL
    Graduated with honours but no Job.
    Applied to Shell the first time, wasn't Shortlisted
    Applied again, was shortlisted, but then the shortlisting was "miraculously" rejected without a test invitation. In the same year, I got into shell as an intern, passed the Shell recruitment process, was given the job. It's been almost 4 years now and I haven't been asked to resume . Good thing that I kept on applying for other jobs at the same time or else eh.....

ERICSSON
    I was a trainee on probation. The job was too dangerous- we were robbed and beaten up so many times. I was based in PH. Once we were on site in Aba at 2am, when we were robbed and Two of the Engineers were killed. One shot in the head and the other in the chest before my very eyes. Others were injured too... thank God all I got were HEAVY slaps. After this I was transferred to Enugu.
    It wasn't until the day our supervisor tried to have his was forcefully with me that my eyes opened. It was the day I was to be confirmed and he had my letter in his hand. I quit that day. Thank God I escaped unscathed. God help us ladies o!

MAERSK
    It was so annoying. Three of us passed and were asked to resume work in Apapa. After celebrating and relocating- renting a small flat on borrowed money and all, I resumed work o.
    Hmm, Just for our madam to tell us a week later that an error had been made, and that we weren't the right candidates . So we had to pack up and leave with 10k in our pockets . Turns out that one of the "right" candidates was her in-law and the others didn't even apply for the job-backyard runz.

CNSSL
    no need for this gist. Slavery. Several staff broke down. At a point almost all the pregnant women were having miscarriages left, right and centre! The stress was too much. The pay was horrible. Even with that little pay, little things you do will earn you pay cuts.
    At this point I almost gave up- why me?
    Just after I left, the government stepped in to help, then cnssl closed the call centre and wound up operations. The call centre is still closed. Over 3000 people dropped with no severance. Out of a job o!

NOW....
    I'm a pilot.
    I've always wanted to be a chopper pilot. That's why I persevered through all these issues, whether employed or not.
    Because it's not just my job but my number one hobby, I wake up everyday looking forward to conquering the sky!
    And will never give up this job for anything in the world... I fly to live, and live to fly.

DON'T GIVE UP.
    V

May God bless the initiator of this thread. Reading through several people's experiences sometimes make me forget my problems. I can't but marvel at the way some Nigerians treat unemployed youths

Quote Originally Posted by vanessavenus View Post
    Mine was crazy. Nollywood material. I'll just summarize it highlighting the ones that actually went far. Those I'll not highlight here are those that I wasn't invited for, didn't get past the Test nor get past the interview stage - without exaggerating, I did no less than 20 applications per week.

SHELL
    Graduated with honours but no Job.
    Applied to Shell the first time, wasn't Shortlisted
    Applied again, was shortlisted, but then the shortlisting was "miraculously" rejected without a test invitation. In the same year, I got into shell as an intern, passed the Shell recruitment process, was given the job. It's been almost 4 years now and I haven't been asked to resume . Good thing that I kept on applying for other jobs at the same time or else eh.....

NOW....
    I'm a pilot.
    I've always wanted to be a chopper pilot. That's why I persevered through all these issues, whether employed or not.
    Because it's not just my job but my number one hobby, I wake up everyday looking forward to conquering the sky!
    And will never give up this job for anything in the world... I fly to live, and live to fly.

DON'T GIVE UP.
    @ Vanessavenue Wow thumps up the grace to pass through all those storm!!!.. This had made me remember very funny and old E-mail from SHELL HR saying something like “Congratulations for successfully passing on our aptitude test, but due to space constrain you have not been selected for interview!”
    Lol can someone interpret that? But the good thing is that not giving-up, keep updating and educating yourself, never forgetting to utilize all opportunities that come your way would surly see you getting that dream job!!!

This is another testimony from amongst us!
    Quote Originally Posted by ska View Post
    I finished NYSC in 2004, with a 2.1 in engineering. I barely missed Shell's job in 2005, because I was not short listed after the final interview. I said the prayer, but part of my mind was saying how can any opportunity be better than what I missed? But I moved on. I started working with an engineering outfit and was doing well with that. I continued to apply to the major oil companies and there was not a single one of them I did not pass their tests; the problem has always been the interview stages. I also enrolled on an MSc program in 2006. I haven't finished that in 2009, when I got PTDF Overseas MSc scholarship. I completed that with distinction and came back a year later to apply for NNPC. While waiting for the result, I got another opportunity, and I am back in the UK. I visited home last month, only to receive NNPC's offer as an EH. My initial reaction was that I wont take the job, because of the basic salary quoted on the offer letter. When I called a friend who is an NNPC staff, he gave me details of other allowances, I began to have second thought. I am taking the job now and coming home next month, because I want to be closer to my family. Looking back now, I am happier with Allaah's choice for me. If I had gotten Shell's job back in 2005, I wouldn't have my MSc, or the exposure and experience of world-class education. There are other things I have left out, for the sake of brevity.
    In summary, believe in Allaah, and be dutiful to Him, He will do the best for you. If He doesn't give you something you want now, it is not because He does not love you, and vice versa. I wish you all the best.

Hmmm............

Anyone who is not reading this thread is sure missing out. The stories i read here gives me the impression that I have not even seen anything. Well let's wait until I'll share my story. God bless the the initiator of this discussion.
    Keep Moving.

Oh my God, nw i knw der is hope 4 me. Dis trend is nidful n helpful

+ Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast