+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Employments search (a fraud in nigeria?) experience

Re: Employments search (a fraud in nigeria?) experience

Mine was similar too...first was an online test, passef, 2nd online test, passed, called for a written test passed d test ( over 1000 people), went for assessment, passed d assessment, invited for first interview, went for second interview where we were down to 5 out of of 2 yorubas and 3 ibos. was told to send my credentials etc which off course is final verification ...was so sure d job was mine. days passed, weeks passed, called d HR who said they will still get back to me, weeks turned to months. even spoke with d manager I was meant to work with who said its a HR thing. Only for some time later to hear that 2 people were taken - d two yorubas. HR was Yoruba , manager was Yoruba- wot did I even expect....and that was it. and to think that its a multinational company makes it even more disheartening.
    I guess its for a reason.

omg dats terrible, can u imagine! wts the hope of jobseekers in light of all this nonsense. its pathetic the way alota things are done in naija, na truely God go save us.

D level of tribalism going on especially with coys in d southwest is very alarming. Yet we all say it is one Nigeria. They claim it was what Obafemi Awolowo taught them to do. To give a job or any position 2 a person 4rm another tribe if and only if no Yoruba was available 4 it. It is d worst policy i've ever heard of! Even worse than the Nazi ideology.

lol can u imagine,
    Quote Originally Posted by nne_mak View Post
    Very Good question, some peeps with short-eye sight may laugh at the question but if you have experienced it, you will know it’s not funny.
    Let me shade more light on my experience with UN.. I applied for a UN position and after some months I was shortlisted for an interview but was shocked to face a test on arrival at UN building Abuja. 2 weeks after the test i was amongst the successful applicants called for an interview. (The interview had six members with only 2 Nigerian)
    The interview was really sweet and when I walked out I saw myself a UN staff already. As I headed to the airport back to my base i told my wife that she should start preparing her mind that we would relocate to ABUJA soon. A week letter I got a phone call from the man ( oyinbo) that headed the interview panel telling me he needs to confirm if I am ready to locate to ABUJA and that the position need to be filled urgently. Also that i was the best during the interview and my name had been sent to HR. He be working with me so i should confirm i would relocate. I told him i was already checking-out houses in ABUJA in preparation. He informed me the call was off-record and that HR would get in touch with me to finalize paper work.
    True to his word I got a mail from a Nigerian HR rep to send my documents, I was shocked because I had submitted both hard and softcopy to the same person on more than two occasion! All the same i sent it and called the interview panel head (to info him I got that the call from HR like he said), he was happy and told me he looked forward to working with me!
    1, 2,3 moths passed no news or info from UN, i called the interview head, the oyinbo just picked and told me he had done his part o.
    The HR refused to respond to my calls or email. By the six month oyinbo was not picking my calls.
    Later i got to know someone was handpicked and given the job.. LOL (now am laughing cos maybe i for done died as BOKO ARE RAM don BLAST that place and the floor i was suppose to work was involved)
    But TELL me if i had my way wouldn’t i have sued their !!!

No matter the stress and attitude from HOUR in nigeria don't give up.
    This is a true testimony from one of my Sibling!
    After completing his NYSC we wanted him to do his masters abroad (so that he can have a soft career landing) but somehow he was not granted study visa! We all felt bad and so he entered the labour market,for 2 month I was sending his cv online to atleast 10 address! Sending his resume became part of my job description at work!!!!
    After 2months not even a response or test interview (he graduated with 2:2). He decied to attend an engineering training in dubia for a month ( thankGod I was free from sending resume for 1 month). On his return we started broadcasting his cv again, and that same week we recived an interview offer and he resume a week latter! We didn't know anybody, he google up the email address of the company ramdomly!!! He is still working there and doing very well.

Keep pushing, working it, praying and you would get there!!!!!

wt sorta engineering training ws it?
    Quote Originally Posted by nne_mak View Post
    No matter the stress and attitude from HOUR in nigeria don't give up.
    This is a true testimony from one of my Sibling!
    After completing his NYSC we wanted him to do his masters abroad (so that he can have a soft career landing) but somehow he was not granted study visa! We all felt bad and so he entered the labour market,for 2 month I was sending his cv online to atleast 10 address! Sending his resume became part of my job description at work!!!!
    After 2months not even a response or test interview (he graduated with 2:2). He decied to attend an engineering training in dubia for a month ( thankGod I was free from sending resume for 1 month). On his return we started broadcasting his cv again, and that same week we recived an interview offer and he resume a week latter! We didn't know anybody, he google up the email address of the company ramdomly!!! He is still working there and doing very well.

Keep pushing, working it, praying and you would get there!!!!!

Wow..i must say am humbled readin dis..though i gradu8td 07 i must say job search in Nigeria require extraordinary perseverance n faith..each tym i open my sent msg folder,i cant help but give God glory bcos out of ova 250 msgs 97.99% ar job applicatns n nt 1 of dem ws to d company where i work rite nw.i bcame d first person in my dept to be employd witout knwin any1, dy named me d lucky 1 n dis ws an applicatn i submitd by hand in february at dr security post,afta 6months wit strait interview i ws cald to resume in sept 11..i ws so relieved to leave d indians dat hs held my in slavery in d name of job.in all dis God ws preparing me..all i can say is keepin applyin,keep pushin n dont give up dat job dat is urs ll nt even give u much stress.i ve lost count of tests n interviews dat were fruitless but in all God is still God.

I want 2 say dat readin al dis posts ve been a source of encouragement 2 me. Though i am a fresh graduate (completed nysc february 2012), d search 4 job ve been easy. Lyk Joyce Meyer puts it "never give up", i am pressin on d upward way.
    2 nne_mak & evry1 who contributed, God bless u all. I wud definitely share my own testimony here very soon

Sorry, i meant 2 say dat d search 4 job ve nt been easy

Quote Originally Posted by _brainbox_ View Post
    Lmfao, make im try abi, thats hilarious.
    @ sauer i doubt that's possible, don't rily see any grounds. even if dat by any chance happens in other countries, it definitely ain't happening here with the kind of justice system we've got, and even if it were, suing a prospective employer won't exactly speak well of you.
    Actually, it's not like it happened to me or something. But am just curious if this was legally possible. Underline the word, "legally".
    If one passes very well and this is subsequently acknowledged by the company, why then should an opportunity be denied one? I believe the recruitment process is a form of contract between the recruiter and the recruitee, and the recruiter holds it as a duty once he/she has promised the recruitee something. At least on a verbal level......

I had the same experience this year with a company in Lagos that has a large % of its workforce from the eastern part of Nigeria. Out of five of us (two yorubas and three igbos)that made it to the final stage, the three igbos (100%) were finally employed. So don't make it seem like its just a Yoruba thing. Its rather a blackman syndrome. Rise above this mental slavery of race and ethnic superiority

U may be right but even d Yorubas themselves say it dat it is wat they were taught by Awo. This tiwa n tiwa thing must stop!

Well am not tribalistic: i speak Igbo, yourba very well and a little french!!!
    My extended family is mixed with many tribes so i dont see anything as been tribalistic!!!
    But one thing i know is that in any 1 man coy in nigeria, 85% of the workfore tend to come from the same tribe as the compnay owner or his wify...lol

+ Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast