+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Topic: Employments search (a fraud in nigeria?) experience

Re: Employments search (a fraud in nigeria?) experience

Another true story from my former Boss

He search for job for years everywhere(; Big firm, small firm, Hotel, security outfit, business center, cyber-cafe etc)
    Finally he got a job in a business center-- A graduate of engineering from one of the top 10 Federal university in the country. At least he had a job to go out to every morning and come back home late at night.

This very low ALLOWEE ( can’t be called salary ) job kept him going while he continued the search.
    With all the application and test he wrote, he got his major job from the least expected places!
    A stranger gave him lift one day and they got talking and finally exchanged number, after few weeks he got a call from the stranger asking him to bring along his resume to an interview.
    The stranger was amongst the panel and he got a mouth-watering job where we finally met!
    Lesson here is “ your job can come from anywhere..be prepared and stay positive”

God bless the originator of this trend. Pls we need more testimonies to calm our nerves for those of us that are jst startng our career

Kudos 2 Nne- Mak for starting dis thread, I think this will really help to strenghten and calm d nerves of numerous job seekers..

There are great testimony in the NNPC HOPEFULL thread! Imagine how long the recruitment is taking!!! But today lots of people are celebrating!!!!!

Hmmm! My own story ehhh!
    Not telling it now,till I finaly bag a job.
    But I must comfess that the labor market is too tough.

Congratulations uche!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by oche e View Post
    Ohhhhhhh God, how merciful you are! So you had me in mind all these while? Pls am dumb founded people of God. My letter thru FedEx in Benin was delivered today. EH- Mechanical, SS4. If you were once a hopeful like me and yet to collect your national cake, read this testimony. Though I am working but never satisfied because I strive for the best things in life. I graduated about 10 yrs ago and had had the first three years of graduation in oil and gas jobs, though in contract positions and NYSC in one of the major IOC’s. But still could not make head way after successful outings in many oil coy aptitude tests. The most interesting one is NNPC. Now look at this:2004/2005: GT recruitment (Applied but not called for aptitude test.....wow)2006/2007: GT recruitment (Passed aptitude test but failed interview)2008/2009: GT recruitment (Pass aptitude test but the process truncated)2010/2011: EH recruitment (passed aptitude test and was success in the interview afterwards).If you have not been called and eventually, (God forbid bad thing) didn’t make it, don’t give up hope because Jehovah is still on the throne forever. My example should serve as an encouragement to many. Though, I graduated at a very good age that qualifies me for many exams. That shouldn’t be a hindrance if you trust God. My people, pls join me in my dance as I’ve put on my dancing suit and shoes and the drum can’t stop beating. Oh my God, “weeping may tarry for the night but joy cometh in the morning”. As you can see, am ahead of many of my colleagues that started this journey in 2004/2005. PRAISE THE LORD. Wishing you all hopeful the very best. Congrats all.

Mine is coming soon....an amazing testimony.

My hope was high dat i wud gt a gud job after graduatin 5yrs ago with a 2.1(4.10/5.00) in Economics. D hope lukd like a mirage afta i was home for like 4yrs. I applied as if my life depended only on it. I prayed as if i wud neva pray again. Spent a lot on browsing, going to tests/interviews' venues.Hope dashed severaly. I was even swindled of 180k yle pursuing a job. I bcame dejected, depressed, n downcast. I cried my eyes out, askin God y me. I neva knew God was wit me in d storm embracing me. Last year december, i got called by my pastor 2 go n see anoda pastor who knows sum1 dat can help. D pastor i went 2 gave me a man's email dat i shud send my cv 2 d man which i did. Under 2 wks, i was asked 2 report for work in an organisatn wit a gross salary of ova 150k- no test, no interview. Rite now, i just won visa lottery nw planning 2 travel out. Whateva it is u are facin, just blv in God n neva stop pursuing and praying. It might take years- only blv.

=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=)).
    Keep it coming! Never giveup

MUC

Hmmm, never easy sha...... I believe a good one is coming.

Guys,
    Read anything that comes your way, you never know when it would be use>
    Also ensure your resume is up-to-day and your can defend every word on it. Also read interview tips.
    Quote Originally Posted by yakmog View Post
    Let me just post this to encourage somebody. If it pleases God that you work in NNPC or ANYWHERE nothing will stop you. First incidence: i applied to work in a bank, passed the test, in fact i was told during the interview i had the highest score in the test. Later, people were being called i was not called. At a point i had given up and decided to move on, one evening a man called me and asked if i was rejecting the offer, I told him i wasn't called, but the rest is history I worked with them and left when i wanted.

Second incidence: where i work now, i took the test, passed and attended the interview. After sometime people were called, I was not called. I felt bad for a short time and decided to move on, then one afternoon I was in my former office when i got a call, i was congratulated and asked to resume. At this time my colleagues had started induction.

But what if it doesn't come, feel bad for sometime but move on as soon as you can. Be optimistic about your future, you don't have to be in NNPC to make it in life. Cheers!

My experience was quite different. As a fresh graduate, armed with certifications and positivity, I proceeded for my NYSC in Lagos Camp in Oct 2010! Prayed fervently, and at the close of Camp, I was posted to NLNG! On getting there, the HR person in charge intimated me that there have no immediate need for Engineers, but if I know someone working in NLNG, i should tell the person to help fight my case. (imagine). Meanwhile, some other corpers who were also engineers, but had "long legs" were accepted! With optimism and a strong resolve to get a merit-based job, I quickly asked him to prepare his (not mine) rejection letter. Finally, I hit the streets of V.I, submitting my CV's to IT firms, telecoms, etc. I aced all the interviews I attended, and after resumption at a telecoms services firm, the calls from other firms filled my phone. 5 firms asked me to resume including MTN. While serving, I used my spare time to study and perfect my GMAT/aptitude test skills, and applied only @ Multinationals, because I believed that they were merit-based. To cut the long-story short, I passed my first ever Dragnet test for a multinational...passed through the rigorous competency-based assessment day, completed my medicals and I am currently a Management Trainee there. My advise to fellow NHJ's, there still exist merit-based jobs out there, and when you get the opportunity, make the most out of it.

Wow.. Please never give up!!! IF HUNKYGEE can do it then many more can do better.................... I good and skilled person can not be ignored for long!!!!

+ Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast