+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Topic: Employments search (a fraud in nigeria?) experience

Re: Employments search (a fraud in nigeria?) experience

i have read testimonies in the past but it was like fiction until it happened to me last year. i resigned my job from a construction company in march 2009 thinking it was easy to apply and get another job. i started applying and later dropped into severe depression. i started praying hard and became hyper spiritual.i seacrch for job and i hard no choice but to start working as a 'laborer' in dangote..i later left the place. i had an interview with nigerite and succeded. i was asked to forward my credentials and that was the last thing i heard. i waited and waited until i went to the head office only to be told the succesful ones have been taken and sent to belgium. i almost died. i decided to stop praying for jobs just to relieve the tension and to help me focus on other things.i later got a call for an interview for a multinational and passed the interview miraculosly. though the pay is weak but i thank god i have a job and can easily apply for others. the lesson is simple,no matter where you are, please dont complain even if it an indian or chinese firm.it is better to leave your home in the morning for a weak pay than to be jobless. learn what u need to learn while applying for others. god bless the thread starter.

Hej,
    like my Swedish friends would say....... Hope this week brings great opportunities to us all. But are we ready to take it? Are we prepared? Are we determined?
    Stay positive! Read!, develop yourself and it would work-out well.
    Bon jour

Truth be told, most of the recruitment adverts applied for online are only posted to fulfil the perogative that a public advert should be made before recruitments are done. I have seen an advert placed online with a two weeks deadline by a company (Nigerian & Foreign Mix) where someone already held an appointment letter to that same position three weeks before the advert was even placed!!!! They simply just decieve poor Nigerians who dont know people in high places.

Of all companies who recruit, the ones with the highest degree of fairness and equity above 60% are Nigerian Banks. Unfortunatley, our dear Sanusi is unnecessarily heating up that sector causing serious job cuts.

The safest and surest way of getting a job is submission of CV by hand. Thats how I got mine. I seriously doubt if all companies have the capacity to process online submission. My brothers Paper submission better oooh...

@Xvenus
    You are rite bro, online submission for the past 5yrs in Nigeria is just a farce and i assume so in the next 1or 2yrs although some have been lucky using it to get their dream jobs but there is nothing that can be more efficient and unbiased like good ICT structure that allow machines to automatically sort and select CV based on the requirements needed surely online submission importance will soon be recognized in Nigeria
    Delivery by hand/Post has disadvantages such as misplacing of documents, rough handling of documents, wrong sorting of documents, Human error in judgment and above all being biased due to religious or ethic reasons. A machine well programmed can neva make those errors listed.
    Whether by post or online submission getting a job in Nigeria is: 50%- you sabi people; 25%- you are extremely good; 15%-you are good; 10%- you are lucky(but above all if God is with you). Although i am yet to have one but i believe it will surely come soon. I have not tried hand delivery can you explain how you did yours becos most coy now ask for online submission.

Well sending your resume via email is termed ONLINE... if so almost all the jobs and interviews I have done had been via ONLINE!!! And am talking about as far back as 2001!
    If you tell me people have issues managing the database, especially for attractive employers, I would agree!! Like in 2004 NNPC recruitment….But to say ONLINE resume submission is not working in Nigeria is unacceptable.
    Just keep sending your resume especially online, soon and very soon you would get that desired job.

NB am not saying PAPER is still not ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xvenus View Post
    Truth be told, most of the recruitment adverts applied for online are only posted to fulfil the perogative that a public advert should be made before recruitments are done. I have seen an advert placed online with a two weeks deadline by a company (Nigerian & Foreign Mix) where someone already held an appointment letter to that same position three weeks before the advert was even placed!!!! They simply just decieve poor Nigerians who dont know people in high places.

Of all companies who recruit, the ones with the highest degree of fairness and equity above 60% are Nigerian Banks. Unfortunatley, our dear Sanusi is unnecessarily heating up that sector causing serious job cuts.

The safest and surest way of getting a job is submission of CV by hand. Thats how I got mine. I seriously doubt if all companies have the capacity to process online submission. My brothers Paper submission better oooh...

This testimonies and experiences is so encouraging! Thanks to the person who open this thread! I was already discouraged and depressed cos all i got this year were spent writing test and there was nothing to show for it! I will only get what is meant for me i got that statement here! I will keep thrusting GOD!!!!

Hello Agbamhon1,
    Don’t even think of giving up on 2012, the year has not ended yet! I went fortest and interview for my 1st real job during the "ember" months. igot the job in Dec..
    So this year has not ended. Some peeps applied for a job online just 3 weeksago and went for skilled test last week.
    Don’t Give up on 2012.. The year still has PLENTY days on it!!!!!

Did you know.....

that the OFFICIAL REDHAT Training Programme is now available in Nigeria at discount rates.
    You will be having an

OFFICIAL - RedHat Certified Instructor from India.

OFFICIAL - RedHat Courseware.

OFFICIAL - RedHat Examiner

INFRASTRUCTURE- World class

COST- Most Affordable in the Industry

For enquires call 07044265826

While wait for your dream job, make some cool cash. It's real! I've just collected mine. Register and invite others for free! Click on this link: http://referpay.me/ref.php?page=act/ref&invcod=25412

May God Help us in this country.
    Rumour has it that there is recruitment at Nigerian Civil Defence...so A cousin asked that I helped take his cv earlier today. See ppppppppllllllll at the gate. Was so shocked, and they weren't collecting cvs but recommendation letters. The recommended ppl self dey so plenty n I wondered whr exactly or how far an ordinary man's cv (like d cv I had) would go.
    I think Government related jobs in Nigeria are based on man know man! Can this ever change?
    i just remember how our parents always stressed they had upto 3,4 employment letters as they graduated. It is really sad that afta Struggling to av a BSc u hustle further for MSc and u end up on the streets still after 3, 4 yrs. and even worse how security men wld harass you when you ask them questions or beg to drop your cv.

I hope and pray a day comes when all these ends...

can this be REAL..this scammers again.....do check up..please do advice..tanx

http://referpay.me/ref.php?page=act/ref&invcod=26411

Any Telecoms Engr with 2 -3 yrs experience (Data,cabling, Cisco products) in the house
    Kindly send me a PM. sharp sharp.... Forget about it after today!!!!!

Meen, Where do I start,

Completed Uni in 2008

Mobil test, during NYSC (2009) series of Shell tests, Chams, Nigerian breweries, Nigerian Bottling Company, IPS, NNPC, Sahara Energy, Honeywell, Chevron, DPR, Oando, numerous SLB applications, all over the country. this job search thing no easy oooo....

Coming to naijahotjobs sef don become part of my job description,LOL. but just completed medicals for an IOC for a recruitment done in 2011.

My first job was a sales and marketing position in and events and advertising company but moved to office admin till i locked down a mgt trainee spot.

Hoping to get an offer by God's grace.

The key is to keep persevering and praying to God coz when its your time, it is your time

+ Reply
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast