+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Topic: Employments search (a fraud in nigeria?) experience

Re: Employments search (a fraud in nigeria?) experience

@nne pls if u hv ny opening for admin graduate pls pm me.tanks second class upper

I graduated in 2008 with second class upper in Elect/Elect, and completed NYSC on Feb 2010. I started as a marketer, where I worked for 2months, and made no money from it. I passed many aptitude tests and interviews, but no job. I went to teach in primary 1 of a private school, where I spent two months and earned 30K monthly. I then got a job in the state ministry of work, after I passed their test and interview. I've written many aptitude tests. I passed NBC first and second tests, but didn't make it at the interview stage. I passed Geoplex test twice, but none of us that went for interview was given the job. I passed Procter and Gambling test, but didn't make it at the interview. I passed Mantrac first and second tests, but didn't make it at the interview stage. I passed FirstNation Airlines' test and interview, but no news from their HR. I later got a federal job, after I scored the highest in their test, and did well in the interview. I presently work there as the HOD of engineering department. At the same time, I got a job at Frigoglass, after I gate crashed their test and passed their test and two interview stages, but I forfeited it for the Federal job, where I am now. Among all the jobs I got, I never knew anybody but God. Mantrac and Geoplex are the two companies I won't want my relatives to apply anytime until they change their pattern.

@ik4milan how did you knw you passed the interview did they call you for medical at geoplex. Perhaps you were many but they needed only one person and u dont have the persons contact.

I passed Geoplex test but didn't say I passed Geoplex interview. Only 7 of us where invited for the interview and none of us got the job, unless all of us failed the interview. We shared our contacts between ourselves

Bravo....HOD of A unit with less than 2 year of Post NYSC experince!!!!
    Perseverance indeed pays!!!!
    God is on the throne

Quote Originally Posted by ik4milan View Post
    I graduated in 2008 with second class upper in Elect/Elect, and completed NYSC on Feb 2010. I started as a marketer, where I worked for 2months, and made no money from it. I passed many aptitude tests and interviews, but no job. I went to teach in primary 1 of a private school, where I spent two months and earned 30K monthly. I then got a job in the state ministry of work, after I passed their test and interview. I've written many aptitude tests. I passed NBC first and second tests, but didn't make it at the interview stage. I passed Geoplex test twice, but none of us that went for interview was given the job. I passed Procter and Gambling test, but didn't make it at the interview. I passed Mantrac first and second tests, but didn't make it at the interview stage. I passed FirstNation Airlines' test and interview, but no news from their HR. I later got a federal job, after I scored the highest in their test, and did well in the interview. I presently work there as the HOD of engineering department. At the same time, I got a job at Frigoglass, after I gate crashed their test and passed their test and two interview stages, but I forfeited it for the Federal job, where I am now. Among all the jobs I got, I never knew anybody but God. Mantrac and Geoplex are the two companies I won't want my relatives to apply anytime until they change their pattern.

Keep the flag flying Peeps……..If Obi\Nneka, Bayo\Bukky or Musa\Amina can do it ( grab that sweet job) then YOU can do it... they all have one head like YOU!!!
    *Read, read, read especially book/information pertaining your field of study( or choice of career)
    *Apply, apply, apply (Pimp your resume that you can defend even in your sleep), then apply online, by-hand, by post, by knocking on office door etc
    *Read, practice, do exercises or mock test (Aptitude, SHL, EMAT, GRE, etc): You never know when that aptitude test invite would come!
    *Gather tip and books on interview. Read them VERY well and practice, do mock interview session with your friend, brother, wife and even babe!
    SOON, that job opportunity is coming your way… Grab it!!!!!

Employment search in Nigeria is a virus that needs to be cured. All over the place, you'll hear the same story either you graduated 15-20yrs ago without landing a good job or even if you have a job you are under paid. A quick census, for the guys in the house; at what age was your father when he gave birth to you? where u able to get married at that age, talkless of giving birth to your own child. we all know the problem, and we should not pretend. Employment in Nigeria is a very BIG SCAM

@ Patorinni hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
    Even when we accept that a VERY high % of Job recruitment process is a scam that should not stop us from getting set as you would not know when the real job comes alone…
    Please try not to EVER compare the times of Our parent to now….Their School Cert had more value than even an Oversea MSC in Nigeria now, there was not need to search for job then as you had 3 or more job awaiting you after secondary school talk-less of a university graduate! Hahaha even the women had a different tastes then
    Do you know that during their times if your are 28 and not married you are looked at some how… but now a man of 36 is still very comfortable staying with His parent without peeps raising an eyebrow on that! SMH… God help us all.

Today is the last day of submitting on 2012 NNPCrecruitment drive http://recruitment.nnpcgroup.com/hope you have applied if you qualified!

I had Bsc Pure and Applied Chemistry, pass out NYSC 2010 but I have applied in so many places still jobs.

My story is in three phase.. The Good, The Bad and The BEST.... After sch 2006 I got a job in the bank worked their 4yrs and I never knew wat unemployment meant. One good thing I wasnt frivolous as my other collegue.. I saved and invested.. Fortunately got another offer in a telecom firm as team leader, my salary was 3x times of my bank pay.. Right inside I said i was made not knwing that job offer was going to make me feel the taste of unemployment... The telecom company was a foreign company that felt 9ja wasnt good 4 biz so all the staff were retrenched with good pay and they relocated... Men I couldnt imagine me competing with fresh graduate for jobs... I wrote series of test ... P&G, chevron, esther break through, ... Even It got to a stage I started forwarding my cv for security jobs... Its not that I dont hv money to start up biz, but wat kind of biz can i start that i wont lose the capital due to my being a novice in business.. Presently I still hv the bliv I will raise again... So my advice to you all.... Its easier for someone to start from grass to grace than someone who is already in grace to maintain it.... Anywhere u found your self working always save for the future

Its a new month of November. Thank God for life

Kayceeken: Anoda virus on the loose!

+ Reply
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast