+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Topic: Great and full scholarship opportunity in turkey.

Re: Great and full scholarship opportunity in turkey.

@ Joaquin, is this translation meaningful? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ojoolatunji View Post
    @Joaquin64, thanks so much for your info; I do appreciate, I'll try my best concerning the change. Is any one going to study in Kocaeli University in this forum? I wish to ask some questions based on your experience (Joaquin64).
    Questions to Joaquin
    1. is the health report different from certificate of fitness? because I was issued certificate of fitness & nothing else
    2. do we need to certify out diploma (certificates) at the ministry of education also or are to be taken to the embassy without any certification?
    3. where can we get our documents translated to Turkish? is it at the embassy?
    4. in booking for flight, is one-way trip better compared to all-round? considering the cost at this point in time
    5. considering our diet in Nigeria (rice, poundo, etc), do we have to start planning for some locals to be taken along? what's the food like there?

Thanks and regards
    1. A health report is what it is. A certificate stating you are cleared all round in health from physical and lab tests done, etc. I cannot say what a fitness certificate is, please find out from your hospital if they are different but I do not suppose so.
    2.I did not certify my certificate because I had no time to do it and there was no issue here about it. Things maybe different, and I do not want to advice anyone wrongly. I really cannot know these things so please call the embassy to find out.
    3. Except they specifically asked you to, I do not think you are supposed to translate any document to turkish. I did not.
    4. Aren't they supposed to book a flight for you guys? But if to answer, a round trip (to and fro) is usually more advisable but in your situation, I doubt you would know when next you may be returning(except you have an exact date u have planned for) so it is best you go for a one way. As far as I know, they are to fund your ticket somehow (I dont know if it is before you come or after), and it is a one way ticket to come and after your entire program here, a one way ticket to go back.
    5.Coming to all that stuff, you are asking the wrong guy. I dont enjoy stress so i dont carry anything. I eat whatever i can find here. Unfortunately it is difficult to find Nigerian food stuff here like even yam. Rice is here ofcourse. Do not forget you have baggage limits at the airport and carrying these things maybe to your detriment. However, if you feel it is a must to carry certain food stuff to help yourself (remembering the fact also you may be staying in a dormitory where you are NEVER allowed to cook in anyway), and it will not outweigh your baggage limit at the airport, then by all means, help yourself. I can only advise you to carry along stuff like powdered milk(where it is hardly used in Europe), maybe grounded pepper, some noodles. Bear in mind these things would eventually finish and then what next?

CAVEAT EMPTOR
    Guys, I cannot answer some of these specific official procedural/documentation questions the way you may expect me to because processes maybe different this year and I do not work for the Turkish Government. YOU WILL NEED TO relate with the person at the Embassy in charge of your coming here and ask these questions. However, personal questions like lifestyle issues here in Turkey ofcourse, you can go with my advice. I do not want to misguide anyone as I have always stated but I can only answer you based on my own experience 2 years ago. Stricter measures could have been enforced now in your time or less stringent. I cannot know. You may hear my own answer but please always call the official body to confirm and then make your decision. I am not responsible for anyone who does not follow official advice.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by ojoolatunji View Post
    @ Joaquin, is this translation meaningful? thanks
    Its a lot of badly constructed technical grammar but a Turkish speaking person would of course get your point somehow.

@ gerzy.plz can u send ur phone no 2 my mail [email protected] is somtin i want 2 ask u.

Facebook newsfeed post by: Türkiye Bursları
    ------------------------
    Türkiye Bursları wrote:

Candidates who did not receive an email about the result of their Türkiye scholarship (except Afganistan and Somalia) application should send an email to [email protected]. Email should include following informations:
    1)ID number (Passport Number)
    2)Name/Surname
    3)Country
    4)Email
    5)Telephone Number

Hi friends, check this out!
    A New Income Generation Opportunity. In Pre-Lunch!
    $10 FREE when you register (free) plus Retirement plan.
    Click www.eimimo.com/?ref=46581
    To be lunched on 10th Sept. Join earlier and have $10 free.
    www.eimimo.com/?ref=46581

Guys out there, I hope you are still following this post whether you made it to this years scholarship or not. Like I said, I would try and post any scholarship information I come across that sounds genuine and would not require you to go spend your money on any agent or anyone. I stumbled on this on someones facebook post http://overseasscholarshipsfornigerians.wordpress.com/ and it appears genuine to me although I would still look into it much later when I have the time. I am even thinking of making an application there myself when I am finished here. Anyways check out the website, read the information, make your own research and see if you can take advantage of the opportunity. Good Luck.

Just a Tip. Although I have mentioned this before in one of my earliest posts, what many of you do not know is that there are many scholarship information that are available in many embassies but you would have to find a way to visit these embassies or their consulates to get the information. This info may not be put out to the general public and you may not be lucky enough to hear about it eventually and people miss them. For instance, the information I just posted above has the contact address (though I have not personally verified it, its up to you) of the Swiss Embassy in Abuja which you can call and speak to them about the posted scholarship opportunity. It may not be easy but endeavor to keep an ear out and IF you can, make phone calls to these embassies or visits and see their educational section/counsel and grab the appropriate info. You just never know...

This is the direct PDF link for the above information although I still advice to favorite that blog on your PC's just in case of future updates on the site. http://www.sbf.admin.ch/htm/themen/b...esearch_en.pdf

...and http://www.sbf.admin.ch/htm/themen/b...ria/phd_en.pdf - for PhD scholarship in Switzerland. The above posted link is for Post-Doctorate research in Switzerland as well.

Thank you very much Mr Joaquin64. We are always following your direction on this thread.
    And thanks for this new info, I'll definitely give it a shot.
    Thanks once again. May God be wif U.

Thank you once again Mr Joaquin, I've gone through the link and I also saw various opportunities for Nigeria in Australia. I read through the eligibility and I saw that I didn't qualify based on my work experience. I'll advise you all to check and apply if you are eligible. Thanks again Mr Joaquin. INFORMATION is LIGHT

+ Reply
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast