+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Topic: Great and full scholarship opportunity in turkey.

Has any1 receive email 4rm ytb?

Re: Great and full scholarship opportunity in turkey.

We all expect to receive a success mail today and so shall it be!!!.

pls is this scholarship meant to fund the 2012-2013 calendar year? I mean will the winners travel to turkey to commence studies this year?

@Prof1988: The answer is: YES!!!

It seems some nigerians have already received email....saw 2 pple dt wia selectd on .

I keep emphasizing this, I DO NOT respond to PM's but I will always read them and try to answer your questions here instead. So, you may as well just post your private messages here to for the benefit of others in your dilemma. I get mails from some of u asking me to make a decision for you as to if to come (when selected) and/or are torn between choosing to leave either your current academic or Job pursuits. Firstly, I am NOT in the position to make a solid decision for anyone but I can only do my best to share my personal experience or rather, thoughts and facts that can only GUIDE you in making YOUR decisions by YOURSELF. But trust me on one thing, I very much understand the crossroads position you are in (particularly the masters and PhD students) to make a decision like this. I was once there before but everyone's situation is different. Mine, I weighed my options, basically as a Masters student of International Relations knowing I needed the exposure amongst other personal reasons, I realized I had nothing solid keeping me back in Nigeria, so I smiled willingly at this opportunity and I must say I do not regret. It maybe a different story for you as I have seen some people here come and return due to family or personal situations.
    Now, you guys coming are way luckier than during my time. You now have your airfare to Turkey, to and fro(after the completion of your studies) paid for. I had to pay mine here though it was not difficult for me as I am blessed to have. Also, they have just increased(almost 100%) the monthly payment for your upkeep. I was ok before the increase, so imagine it now with the increase. Along with your entire school fees and Dormitory accomodation paid for, you are basically paying absolutely nothing to study here. Infact, nothing. In the dormitories your meals are also discounted as you recieve money, every single day (about 6TL) to make your meals cheaper. However this money is not in the form of cash but meal tickets persay and must be used before the end of the day, thus cannot be accumulated. Now, according to the increase, Undergrads are now paid 550TL per month, masters 750TL and Phd 1000TL. Now, I will not advice anyone (a natural mistake you will continue to make even when you get here) to convert the TL to NGN in order to compare prices because standard of living is very different everywhere especially in Europe but if u must, feel free to convert 9as you will still do it anyways, lol) so you may have an idea what those prices amount to. Yes, money is never enough and ofcourse, the pay could be better (and they increase it every year), but what I can say is this is enough to keep you going month by month if you are devoid of a frivolous lifestyle. It is even possible to save every month, though not much, but definitely something substanstial. Again, this all depends on how you live. Speaking now and mostly to the Masters and Phd students, based on personal experience, It will be a bit tasking to stay in the dormitories as you have to share rooms with people of different backgrounds regardless of age or anything(although rumor has it now that they are currently working on an option now to favor masters and phd students who are adults and need private space by giving them a part payment of the dormitory scholarship in order to stay in apartments though I cannot confirm this). However, it is advised you spend your first year in the dormitories as this is the fastest way for you to relate with the Turkish students and learn the language, afterall that is what you will be doing for your first year here anyways.
    Trasnsportation is cheap and fair. Luckily, those who end up in Istanbul do not pay a dime for transportation as one of the big banks in Turkey opted to take care of that for Istanbul scholarship students. So they move around free as much as they want to anywhere within Istanbul at no cost at all. Unfortunately we in Ankara and other places are not that lucky to have that. But anyways, transportation is not expensive at all. Very affordable. With high speed trains and Buses.
    Now, clothes, shoes and stuff like that are Cheap. This is what Turkey is known for. Great quality and ridiculously cheap. This is why when you get to Istanbul you will see lots of Ibo traders there buying and shipping textiles and things of that nature. I just got back from the states a few days ago and realized that the prices are incomparable. So, this is a good thing.
    As for getting jobs, NO, you are not legally allowed to get jobs as a student. However, some language talented people manage to easily find English-Turkish Language instructor jobs in private homes and get paid very well for it. Some manage to get menial jobs during the summer and make a lot of money. There is nothing illegal with that. It all depends on where you find and the agreement you make with the people who give you these 'jobs'.
    To the best of my knowledge, I think I have shared all I can with those would be candidates trying to decide. I cannot decide for anyone. It is up to you. Everyone's situation and experiences that informs our lifestyles and judgements are and would always be different. Gooooooooooood Luck!

@joaquin64, tanx alot nd God blesssssss uuu

I hav jst gotten a reply frm turkey, my application was not successful and I stil thank d Almighty God for He knoweth da best 4me. I will continue wt ma M.Sc program which I have alreddy started here in 9ja. I pray that those of u who have not yet gotten any reply wil get a positiv one. I wish u all da vry best of d best . Life still continues , Cheeeerssss

Lest I 4get, I actually saw d mail in my spam so do well 2chek ur Spam mail if u do not c it in ur inbox. tnx

@gerzy: Just as you have said, God knws best, so please let's allow His will to take place in our lives individually. I know how you feel, I must say, but as at now, your case is better of. I've not gotten the mail even though I've zero my mind, but I bet you, it's a great disappointment that can never be easily erased from one's memory, but then, life continues. Wishing us all success.

@all: I woke up this morning to see the notification of a new mail from Turkiye, with an eager expectation of the presumed content, I wasn't really surprised to get a rejection notice, since it was early announced on their website that successful candidates has been contacted on August 31st. Well, though disppointing it may be, but life still goes on and on, better opportunities lies ahead, so pls, my beloved people, let's stay focused as we expound other opportunities that comes our way. Success in all our future endeavours.
    My warm and sincere appreciation @ dis point goes to Joaquin64, U truly a firend sticking closer than a brother. We've never met you, but we understand your kind, open and willing heart. I pray the good God crown all your efforts with success too. Thanks and God bless. u

Unsuccessful too

Joaquine, though I wasn't successful, but I must say thank u alot 4 d wonderful contribution n xposure. May God reward u abundantly 4 all ur efforts on dis thread. To those dat were successful, I say congratulations to u and may God bless u with it. To those of us dat weren't successful, we sud still know how to thank God. I believe He has somfin beta in stock for us. All d best

+ Reply
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast