+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Topic: Great and full scholarship opportunity in turkey.

Re: Great and full scholarship opportunity in turkey.

As painful it was, all I can say is "Thank You Lord"
    No need to complain here. I believe we all gave our best and the sponsor had their reasons (genuine or not). Life goes on..Time to draw the curtain..
    Thanks to Joaquin.

All the best!

Gud even house, b4 we all giv up on dis scholarship, listen 2dis. I got anoda mail frm dem dis morn @ about 10am and dis tym around, it was a success mail. d mail said dt av bin awarded d scholarship 2study M.SC economics @ GAZI univ. So pls lets all keep tabs, God is really @ wrk.
    @ Joaquin, wht do u ve 2say? why wil de send an unsucceesful mail in2 ma spam and later snd a success mail 2ma inbox...pls comment

@gerzy: Congratulations I'll say. I've had a lot about this mix up and confusion on the part of Turkiye. Although this is their first time of conducting an online application for scholarship applications. Well, congrats once again and go ahead on the 16th for your documentation @ d embassy in Abuja. We are still holding on bro, wishing we get a success mail too, so that all the heartache caused will be remedied. Congrats bro. Wish myself success too

@koleefem05, wia did u get the infomatn dt our documentatn is on 16th?

@gerzy: Starting 4rm Sept 10th I meant to say. Pls just follow d procedure as contained in ur mail.
    Congrats and more success bro.

For those unselected, I must say I feel this very disappointment with you. Sorry. Hopefully next year will be your time or something much better may even come for you before then. Keep your eyes and ears open for opportunities, just like I will try and post any VIABLY CONFIRMED OPPORTUNITY like this one, for your sakes. Be sure to follow my post. Actually, there are many unbelievable ones out there but people do not share the information. Ask, ask ask and try to make applications. You have nothing to lose but a little time and a few bucks. @gerzy, wow! you want me to comment on that when you should know God has just done something awesome for u? I have no comments. So, call them (As I am not the Turkish government in anyway) and claim it! And i hope the same 'mistake' happens for the rest of you also.

For the selected, welcome. Glad you made it. Many of you asking me on advice and particular information of your school,I totally understand your eagerness and anxiety or confusion right now and I would probably be on my neck asking the same things if I were in your shoes as well. But, please remember that I am just a normal student here. I cannot give you specific information about these other universities and places except if you ended up in my school and in Ankara or at least, Istanbul. But so far, none has posted that they were given my school or Ankara. Please try to go to the websites of these schools. Better yet, wait till you get here. You are not even starting these schools until next year because you will be going to the language school to learn Turkish for a year (8months or so) so you have an entire year ahead of you to even travel everywhere and visit these places. And trust me, you WILL have the ample time to do it. So, relax and get settled first. Also and very importantly, please know something about these people here and life in general, nothing is ever set in stone. Everything can be contested and fought for. You are all mature adults, so know that when you arrive, you have the opportunity to go find out about your school or town and if it is not acceptable, ask around from many others who were like you before how they got theirs changed. Fight and disturb them for it till you get it. I am not saying for sure or 100 percent of the time you get what you want, but I am letting you know decisions get reverted for the better if you inquire and follow due process. You will learn when you get here (based on many of my experiences as well) that Turks have a way of telling you something is impossible, then you meet someone else in that same office who will tell you other wise and get you what you want. They are not as strict as they let on. Just push them a little bit and ask ask ask, but demand ever so politely. If you get aggressive with them, they will fight you back and that is the end. I never give up till i get what i want, but I do it politely.

So,again, good Luck guys. I am saying this to both the unselected and the selected.

Türkiye'ye hoşgeldiniz! (Welcome to Turkey).

For those who are saying they got no replies at all, Please try and go through your Spam emails. CHECK YOUR SPAM BOX!

A soothing word Mr Joaquin, may the undeserved kindness and tender compassion of our God continue to be with you in all your ways.
    As apples of gold in silver carvings is a word spoken @ the right time for it. Thank you and God bless

Health report is a requirement and you can get a full health report from any government hospital in Nigeria along with a yellow card. Very important. I would also advice anyone coming to take vaccines too.

@ojoolatunji For that your course in particular, it is unfortunate you did not get METU. Now I may advice you to do this when you get here, take the GRE, meet the required score (this is a must) and apply directly to METU yourself. If you get in, then you can tell the scholarship body to change your school for you (do this only after you have asked them first that you want a change and they decline). If eventually you get in to METU, trust me, its not their business to know how you got in but its their business to know that you are registered in a school under them. Fight for METU, for your course especially. Do what you can to get in. Now, as for the Kocaeli uni, I have no idea whatsoever, sorry. It is not amongst what i call known schools here. But i took the liberty of checking out the site and they demand for TOEFL which may mean they are an english school but maybe not fully. You can check again http://fbe.kocaeli.edu.tr/int/ and take the email address of one of the staff to ask. As i posted already, I cannot answer everyones personal questions about their schools as I myself have no idea. There are a billion universities here. Like I advised, wait until you get here, then you will see it is much easier to be less worried and navigate your way around to getting the information you need and working to accept or change it. Good Luck.

@joaquin, tnx all d way, but if u dnt mind, i will apreciate it if u cn tel me whether gazi univ is a recognizd univ, whether their M.sc program in economics is strong and their language of instruction (whether english or turkish). I also undstnd dt its a multi campus univ, so pls wia (which city) is their graduate school of economics located? pls reply

Quote Originally Posted by gerzy View Post
    @joaquin, tnx all d way, but if u dnt mind, i will apreciate it if u cn tel me whether gazi univ is a recognizd univ, whether their M.sc program in economics is strong and their language of instruction (whether english or turkish). I also undstnd dt its a multi campus univ, so pls wia (which city) is their graduate school of economics located? pls reply
    Gazi is one of Turkeys Top 7 universities. I cannot say more than that about their specific courses. They have both english and turkish mixed courses and it is only located in one part of Ankara, infact, right next to the Ministy of Education board where you would be going to every month to sign.

@Joaquin64, thanks so much for your info; I do appreciate, I'll try my best concerning the change. Is any one going to study in Kocaeli University in this forum? I wish to ask some questions based on your experience (Joaquin64).
    Questions to Joaquin
    1. is the health report different from certificate of fitness? because I was issued certificate of fitness & nothing else
    2. do we need to certify out diploma (certificates) at the ministry of education also or are to be taken to the embassy without any certification?
    3. where can we get our documents translated to Turkish? is it at the embassy?
    4. in booking for flight, is one-way trip better compared to all-round? considering the cost at this point in time
    5. considering our diet in Nigeria (rice, poundo, etc), do we have to start planning for some locals to be taken along? what's the food like there?

Thanks and regards

For the person who wishes to communicate to his/her university (to aid fast response)...you can use Google translate. Check this, it is the translation of my earlier post

Türkçe çeviri

@ Joaquin64, sizin bilgi için çok teşekkürler, ben değişikliğiyle ilgili elimden geleni yapacağım, takdir ediyorum. Herhangi biri bu forumda Kocaeli Üniversitesi çalışma yapacak mı? Senin deneyimi (Joaquin64) dayalı bazı sorular sormak istiyoruz.
    Joaquin Sorular
    1.sağlık raporu spor belgesi farklıdır? Ben fitness ve başka bir şey sertifika verdi çünkü
    2. biz de eğitim bakanlığının diploması (sertifika) üzerinden tasdik gerekir veya herhangi bir sertifika olmadan elçiliğe alınmalıdır ki?
    3. nerede bizim belgeler, Türkçe tercüme alabilirim? Bu elçilik altındadır?
    4. uçuş için rezervasyon içinde, all-round kıyasla daha iyi tek yönlü bir yolculuk? zaman içinde bu noktada maliyet dikkate alınarak
    5. Nijerya (pirinç, poundo, vb) bizim diyet göz önüne alındığında, biz birlikte alınması gereken bazı yerliler için planlama başlamak gerekiyor? Orada gibi gıda nedir?

Teşekkür ve Saygılarımızla

+ Reply
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast