+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Topic: SEXUAL INTERCOURSE IN A COMMITTED RELATIONSHIP?

Re: SEXUAL INTERCOURSE IN A COMMITTED RELATIONSHIP?

Well, @ dagunro, you're right, an accounting graduate, but you must understand that the principle of substance over legal form is not the issue here, i will say or propound my own principle as that of Substance over Original/spiritual form, cos we're talking about originality and the intention of the mind of the creator not someone's mistake or experience. Am not saying I don't make mistakes, but that don't make it original or right. Sticking to HIS PLAN irrespective of our mistakes/experience is what am emphasizing here. I believe you understand me. Take charge and God bless you.

@ One Mole, if that's a compliment, well thanks. If not, am proud of who I am and who am following and what am doing. And I think I have a right to choose what I want and live as I want. So much grammar.

@ Poster, your Topic is stepping on a lot of nerves. One luv.

@ Eniola, I've said it over and over, I didn't post this topic to ridicule or feel SELF RIGHTEOUS OR HOLIER THAN THOU, just trying to interact and encourage someone that's all. So whoever's nerves are stepped should pls, biko, dalu. Take charge.

Why so much tension in the house, its an exciting topic and I only expect people to contribute what they feel in their hearts. No hard feelings and nobody's emotions getting hurt. Thats the way I see it. So lets be free and contribute and feel free.
    Thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagunro
    @Faith Yetu!
    I have read with rapt attention the replies/comments to this topic.
    I do not want to criticize or commend any reply or comment as such. That I noted that one mole is on point does not translate to mean that all other comments/replies are not on point. Please note.
    In all, you strike me like an Accounting graduate; if you are, am sure you remember one of the accounting principle that implies "Substance Over Form" i.e. Reality over Legality. Please apply that principle to the Topic of discussion and am sure you will see it from another point of view as others have.
    Regards.
    Dagunro, I'll like you to throw more light on this "Substance Over Form" i.e. Reality over Legality. as it relates to the topic SEXUAL INTERCOURSE IN A COMMITTED RELATIONSHIP. Please

Na wa O .........so nobody thinks Otherwise Someone should Oppose these Christain Motions ..So the debate can be hot now .......abi !! what do ya'll think

Quote Originally Posted by nwoko_emmanuel
    Dagunro, I'll like you to throw more light on this "Substance Over Form" i.e. Reality over Legality. as it relates to the topic SEXUAL INTERCOURSE IN A COMMITTED RELATIONSHIP. Please
    In the world today, there are lots of rules and regulations guiding a lot of actions especially in business. For instance, in Nigeria, eligible companies with proven credibility are expected to "win contracts" without "settling" the powers that be who can do and undo as it relates to these contracts. You and I know that it is 99.99% impossible in Nigeria! Would you as the Managing Director of your company, refuse to "settle" in other to win a multi-million dollars contract simply because it is against business ethics or because it is illegal?
    If you were under attack in Jos under the present circumstance in that area as is it is today, and you have the opportunity of saving yourself and a few others through the use of a gun knowing fully well that if you hesitate, your callous attacker would just go ahead and suit himself. Would you refuse to defend yourself and others with the gun simply because it is illegal?

Let's narrow it down to "Committed Relationship".
    Lots of people today are in a mess maritally because they failed to reason with their heads but did with their hearts especially ladies. Imagine a lady who unknowingly married a Eunuch and got to know after marriage. And thereafter opts out of the marriage. Do you think such a lady would ever want to wait till after marriage to know if she's being hooked by another eunuch if she eventually decides to re-marry?
    This is not to imply that engaging in pre-marital sex is justified. But we all know that there are no rules without exception. There are certain situations where one can't help but to break the rule!
    No One Will Know You Are Honest Unless You Give Out Samples!

@Dagunro......Q.E.D! Guys, You can take that to the bank!

@One mole, & @Dagunro.............. gentlemen, i doff my hat........

@Faith Yetu, apology accepted, that was very big of you to have heeded the words written. You are appreciated.

@Eniola, i dont think the topic is stepping on nerves, except you are speaking for yourself. when contributors reply to the topic, its just what is it..............a reply! Dont attach too much sentiments to other people's replies (not just here but generally), learn to take people's words with a pinch of salt. Everybody cannot be right everytime, some people are allowed to be wrong some of the times. And i do believe that @One mole meant the statement as a compliment............your kind is going into extinction......very soon you will be an endangered specie...... ......we will view your kind on National Geographic, or Animal Planet..........mark my words! . (loosen up galfriend, life is what happens when we are busy making plans)

@all, on a lighter note, I thought Rules were made to be broken...... Take charge

@Smartd1st.
    I feel you!
    By the way, how's "slim"? I hope she's cool.
    My regards to her.

Dagunro! Dagunro!,
    I love your perspective and I believe you are laying a foundation for this discussion to assume a wider perspective. What am I saying? There are many out there who will never subscribe to not having sex before they get married as far as they are concerned they must FEEL and TASTE what they are getting into before they get into it some even make sure the woman is pregnant. I have been watching peoples comment and no body seems to be defending having "SEXUAL INTERCOURSE IN A COMMITTED RELATIONSHIP" from the secular point of view. I have been expecting that...maybe nobody has enough points to justify that point that why nobody is saying anything in that direction. Well thats okay.

Now Dagunro, you said

"Lots of people today are in a mess maritally because they failed to reason with their heads but did with their hearts especially ladies. Imagine a lady who unknowingly married a Eunuch and got to know after marriage. And thereafter opts out of the marriage. Do you think such a lady would ever want to wait till after marriage to know if she's being hooked by another eunuch if she eventually decides to re-marry?"

Look at it from this perspective. You want to get married abi. Suitors are coming and infact you are confused because they all meet your criteria. Pressure is high and time is ticking...what do you do. TAKE IT TO GOD IN PRAYERS AND FASTING. Take two weeks off and seek the face of the lord on the matter. GOD WILL NEVER and I repeat GOD WILL NEVER give you something that is not good for you. He will not give you a Eunuch!. NEVER.

The problem is that we are always in a hurry, we are impatient. So many persons have married the devil because they are impatient. So my when a man wants to get married, He must seek the face of GOD FAITHFULLY before making a decision. GOD NEVER MAKES MISTAKE.

@Nwoko_Emmanuel
    Let me let you in on this.
    I know a lady who was in that kind of situation I noted. The painful thing is the man was a Pastor! The only child they have today, is the son of another man; all arranged by our dear Pastor!
    My point is, even if you seek the face of God, remember, God will not do for man what man can do for himself!
    Who created the Eunuchs, The Impotent, The Barren (Even when the Bible says "None Shall Be Barren In the Land")?
    Please note that this issue also relates to the Atheists, Buddhists, Muslims as well as Christians. So it should not be limited to Christianity only.
    To me, it's more about morals i.e what is good and what is bad. What you consider bad may not apply to someone else and vice-versa.

Dagunro, first of all, let me clear the air on this PASTOR ISSUE. People make mistake in life because they base their life on their PASTOR. My pastor says this and my pastor says that...thats Arrant Nonsense!!! I am a man of GOD. A pastor in the making. And I am saying The PASTOR is not the standard. CHRIST IS THE STANDARD. So that the pastor does something wrong does not make it right.

I have seen so called pastors have sex with their maids. In short that is not news. This word PASTOR, I see it as a title just as the title "Mr" that's the way I see it. Mans life is to be based on the word of GOD not the PASTOR.

You said GOD WILL NOT DO FOR MAN WHAT MAN WILL DO FOR HIM SELF. For sure there are certain things you must do for yourself like bathing, taking care of your body, go to work etc. But when it comes to making decision that has to do with LIFE and DESTINY, my brother, GOD is the best person to consult. He knows the way through the wilderness. Let me referee to the scripture please.

Proverbs 3 vs 5-6 [5]Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding [6] In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

If we can make the best of decisions, I wonder why it says, lean not unto thine own understanding. And he says, In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. He is there to lead you and wants to lead you.

So my brother, marriage is a critical matter. Your entire life can be ruined by just marring the wrong person. Such decision should be taken to the higher seat of wisdom. [JESUS CHRIST THE RIGHTEOUS]

On the lady you made mention of, I cannot comment on that because I do not know the details of the occurrence so let me stay out of that.

All am saying is that man is fallible and has a high tendency to err he needs DIVINE guidance.

What do you say Brother?

@ all, thank God this topic is interesting and educating, so @ eniola, no one is pissed off. @ dagunro, you sound like a realist (and people like this either end up as ATHEISTS or FREETHINKERS, I'd advice you WATCH IT), Am not disputing the fact that people make mistakes, but STICKING TO PLAN MAKES A DESTINY Colourful, and not sticking to plan or as you said breaking the rules end up in broken hearts and shattered lives. When you break God's laws, you break your heart. We're under grace and not law/rules but you must understand insighfully that, when you sustain an injury, it would heal but the SCARS remain forever. Imagine a couple in the name of Love, "hopping on bed like dogs in heat" when they are not married, then what's the difference between humans created in the image of God and Animals who have sex by INSTINCTS? Sex should be done rightfully because it goes beyond the pleasure aspect, It's the CONSUMMATION OF BLOOD COVENANT 1ST, BEFORE THE PROCREATION AND RECREATION ASPECT. A lot have scars because of mistakes of the past, ask those that have enjoyed the forbidden fruit they're describing, THEY'VE BEEN THROWN OUT OF THE GARDEN OF LIFE/REAL LIVING, So obeying God's laws as Pastor Nwoko_emmanuel, emphasized is just the way to fulfil destiny in a grand style. @ Nwoko_emmanuel, you're the bomb, You're just one in million, I APPRECIATE YOU DEEPLY. Take charge house, and pls make your choice RIGHTLY, you're entitled to it. EVEN GOD CANNOT INFLEUNCE YOUR CHOICE ASK THE DEVIL, HE CAN ONLY USE YOU EITHER AS A NEGATIVE/DISHONOURABLE VESSEL OR POSITIVE/HONOURABLE VESSEL, May my God give you all understanding. Bye for now.

+ Reply
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast