+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Tv / radio licence

Question Tv / radio licence

Hello House,

Please can anyone throw more light on a notice i received yesterday from Lagos State government asking me to pay a N1000 TV/RADIO licence fee. The notice stated that the N1000 fee is per flat ( and we have 4 flats in my compound) and we have 7days within which to pay. Failure to pay this fee will attract a penalty and we will be summoned...... For television and radio wei i take my sweat and blood buy? . Its not about the N1000,farbeit! its about whether or not this is another form of extortion from the middle/ lower class by the rich and powerful.

A friend told me that in developed countries such licences exist, my question is.....is it legal, or constitutional here in Nigeria . Whats going on with and in this country? Someone please enlighten me!!!

Re: Tv / radio licence

Another notice has been brought to my office on the Island requesting for the same TV/Radio tax payment. Am i the only one being levied for this licence? Good thing though is that we dont have a TV/Radio in my office, so they wont be getting the requested N4,000. Has another person received this notice? Anybody?

+ Reply