+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Topic: SEXUAL INTERCOURSE IN A COMMITTED RELATIONSHIP?

Re: SEXUAL INTERCOURSE IN A COMMITTED RELATIONSHIP?

Sex does hav an appointed time;that is of course wen one is married.

very true @ richlove. Nice one. Take charge.

yes, it has it's appointed time. One luv all.

Sexual intercourse in a committed relationship is BAD and not advicable but its something dat is easier said dan done especially wen u've gt involved in it once or several. The most common advice usually given include abstinence, self control, prayer etc but i want to advice dat first of all, one has to identify and answer - Is sexual intercourse in a committed relationship good or bad? If good is ur answer dat means dis piece is nt for u, but bad is ur answer - then we can talk.. Practical way of getting oneself from sexual intercourse (whether committed relationship or casual relationship) involves the GRACE of GOD - though it mit sound abstract or religious but it de sure way out. Every oda approach one decides 2 follow will always get u somehw back to it (wen de urge comes) no matter hw long u stay. Bt wit God's grace (divine self control and abstinence follows). Lastly, u need to avoid seriously all occasions dat lead to sexual feelings and thoughts (it may be friends, places, events, books, movies etc). Its not easy but by His grace, its very easy!! Benefits and favour dat follow marriage without premarital sexual intercourse are abound, space will nt allow dat. Dnt try in any way to compromise it. May de good lord direct us all aright - Amen. "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God - but my Grace is sufficient for you". Cheez!!!

@ Ntiko, nice and explicit text, you're amazing. God bless you for this. Take charge.

that's true, it's the GRACE OF GOD that would really help in a committed relationship, cos man's strength would definitely fail, @ ntiko, very factual. Nice one. One luv.

It's the fault of both the male and female. We all know that it is wrong to have sex before marriage from the biblical view.

Yes, @ frisk you're right, but a lot of christians don't know it's wrong, they believe as long as we're committed to getting married, we can do "what daddy and mummy use to do, afterall we're getting married all the same", it takes a matured male and female to admit to the fact that sex before marriage has a lot of fatal consequences. Nice contribution. Take charge and God bless you.

Yes, I finally now have the opportunity to contribute. Most contributions have been made against the back drop of Christianity. I paint a picture for the purpose of an analogy Brother A and Sister B plans to get married, they are both Christians and choose to stay chaste according to Biblical doctrine. After marriage, Brother A is about to consummate his marriage, only to discover that Sister B has only one breast. The other was removed because she had breast cancer. The brother is perplex. He is contemplating a divorce.

Now picture 2, Bro. C and Bro. D are in a relationship and plans to get married as soon as possible. Now they choose to get intimate and understand themselves properly by engaging in safe sex through the use of condoms and contraceptives to avoid unwanted pregnancy. Over time, they get married and there are no unpleasant surprises. The marriage goes on well.

House, I ask now, of this two marriages, which is more productive. I'll like your contributions because we need to weigh both sides of the story.....Am expecting a reply.

Well, @ brotherly, pls read my previous comments on the two marriages you highlighted above, I've answered your questions. Take charge and God bless you.

@ brotherly, honestly speaking, ur question is really expository but i just want to make something a little clear to you, i dont want to sound biblical but i want to look at it from the moral point of view cos atleast most people still upholds on morals - you see most atimes, we want to play god (ie we want to assume or work like almighty God) and this is NEVER possible. Someone can decide to plan his marital life (decide on who to marry, the kind of physical feature your partner will posses, the number and sex of children you want to have etc) without seeking divine approval, in an attempt to actualise some of these desires one can decide to get involved in Premarital sexual intercourse in a "committed relatioship" in the bid of confirming what you want to "purchase" as portrayed in ur second example - dont also forget that sometimes the "goods" is certified okay but along the line that very certified good will turn to something else (something uncertifiable). Are u still aware that some persons mit stay in a relationship without sexual involvment/committment and still made a lovely and fufilled homes. WE CERTAINLY CAN NEVER PLAY GOD!!! What really matters is we praying and hoping that the WILL of God manifests in our lives cos his WILL is definitely awesome. You can have your plans which will definitely fail you but whatever HE has for can never fail you. Come to think of it, do you think that if you harken to the word of God (as in avoiding premarital sex) in your relationship and finally gets married, dat God will give you a lousy, unfulfilled marriage/home?? Ponder through this rhetorical question but dont forget that we re in a FALLING world/society where sin, attrocities, evil are celebrated and still in all these, the word of God still had not changed. His ways are far different from our ways. Harden not your heart as you hear His word. Remain blessed. Cheers!!!

@ Ntiko, Nice reply for @ brotherly, there's nothing to add. God bless you real good. Take charge.

Ntiko, you have a realistic argument, I'll reply soon. faith Yetu, please can you the link of your previous comment as it relates to my point of view so I can present a more convincing argument. Just give me some time...

+ Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast