Closed Topic + New Job/Topic
Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Topic: SRD Invitation

Re: SRD Invitation

From what i remeber, the group discussion wasnt so difficult....

U will be divided into different groups (usually representing the community), ud be given a list of projects to choose from and also be awarded a certain amount of money. Ur group has to come up with proposals on how to allocate the money u have been given to the differnt projects u chose.

You have to be able to say why u chose a project, why you think shell would approve the project, ........

Something of that sort....

What is important is that u contribute to the decision making process and also try not to be the only one talking. You could keep tabs on the time or appoint a time keeper, thats a plus.....

Finally, ask God to grant you favor.. na him dey give job. Do your best and leave the rest for God.

@Qeremin, I also got a call to prepare a presentation fo the SRD. I heard the shell person speak on bringing along a CV and something else. Can you kindly let me know what other documents he asked you to come with. Thanks.

@Them chief, Umm......I dint get a call oh! Shud I be worried? I have the invitation for the SRD on July 5th but no1 has called me. Is the presentation sumthin we are to prepare for (i.e make slides, print out etc) before hand or what?

How far with mobil?

regards

Yeah i think they should give you a format, If not be sure to print whatever you want to present. A 1-paged word document would be fine, Max 2 pages,

But i strongly think you should get a guide from them cos thats what they normally do.

guys,i just received my dismissal mail,and its time to move ahead.wishing all those invited a resounding success.
    Dear candidate,

Thank you for taking the time to attend our Selections Tests.

Unfortunately, we regret to inform you that your application has not been successful on this occasion. Should you wish to make a further application, we ask that you leave a gap of twelve months before submitting another application.

If you would like the opportunity to comment on your experience of the recruitment process, please find attached a link to the Candidate Experience www.maven-surveys.co.uk/shell?S7. A third party supplier manages this survey and your individual responses will not be made available to Shell.
    Your feedback on this is extremely valuable to us and we appreciate your time given.

We are sorry that we cannot give you better news, but would like to thank you for your participation and the interest you have shown in the Shell Group and we wish you every success for the future.

Kind Regards,

Shell Recruitment
    Email: [email protected]

@impish, from the pack sent us, you would notice that those who have masters and phd are to prepare for a presentation. But those with BSc would go for a technical interview. As for mobil, they did not invite me for the medicals at all. How about you.

@Them chief, impish & Olumeks

The call I got was to bring along 4 copies of CV, and print two copies of the proposed technical presentation. I also got a clear clarification that it is technical presentation not interview.

@ Olumeks

What if my final year project and work experience has no relation to the oil and gas industry and is limited on technical depth or does not really have any technical aspects like that. For example my Final year project was on wireless power transfer which is more of communications and power systems, do I go ahead and present that even if it has no sell value or relevance to Shell.

Also thanks for the insight, it actually the most revealing I have got in relation to this technical presentation.

Cheers

@ Olumeks
    Are you in Shell now?
    How long does SITP last?
    What's the pay like for students in SITP?
    Is it possible for someone to be dropped on SRD?
    What are the worst blunders someone can commit on SRD?
    Are the specific things or questions we should look out for?

Alas,shell has sent me the dreaded rejected mail. Oh well, I guess there will be next time...

[email protected] just got that same mail too. Atleast now i get to stop worring my mind and move on. God has bigger plans am sure! To all who got invited, congrates and pls prepare weller cos na up is u go dull up at this point o!

@ Qeremin, are you a fresh graduate? If yes thats about all u have got. Your project should have a relevance, u could tell them that your wireless power transfer is cost effective or faster ar something, there should be something about your project, (My project topic - Develop a Visual basic program that sends and receives data between two serial ports, and I was able to tell them sth, it doesnt have to be big, just be confident and make them understand that u understood ur project)

@ mostojr, I am not with shell tho but i got an offer...........SITP lasts for 1 year, and it is possible to be dropped after SRD, but verrrrrrrrrrrrrry rarely. Worst blunder.......not being confident, and the pay is beautiful, cant quote a figure for now, cos i got my offer 2 years ago, but infact i know it is above 350/month if not more. Its now a staff in training program, once u are in SITP, u are a staff.

I also received an email saying i wasnt succesful. Quite relieving. Time to concentrate on other things.

also got mine..... how sad, anyway i thank God almighty He knows d best for me...

Closed Topic
Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast