+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Topic: NNPC, etc Are not Recruiting Sincerely

Re: NNPC, etc Are not Recruiting Sincerely

See u babies! Oh oh! Na now una know? Abi? When we dey for here dey ginger 'oct 1st march' for eagle square ppl dey for one side dey discourage n pour sand sand for our garri, where all of una been dey Now u wan make we carry placard go dey harrass employers. Nigga please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kjosefa View Post
    Mobil, Shell, and other multinational recruitment process run for as long as one year. Sometimes, I come to Naijahotjobs and I wonder if we forumites actually understand what we propose to do. Do we dictate to companies how long it would take them to do their recruitment. Even if they decide to terminate the whole process, do we think we have any charge we can bring against them? Whether the process last one year or more, it is their perogative, my guys we can't do anything about it. We can only continue to pray they eventually conclude it soon and that we are fortunate to be part of those that will be taken.
    Is that the global practice I feel it is a Nigerian thing, i have been a victim of such in a mulitinational, even after medicals.

@ kjosefa , i think there is something you don't understand here. i am previlaged to have spent sometime in 3 different European countries, i can tell you that companies don't mess around with citizens. These multinationals cannot continue to fool us, however this is not a matter of dictating their recruitment exercise, but a matter of due diligence to the Nigeria. You don't pretend to be recruiting when u actually don't need any new staff. this is called pretence and deceit.
    iHustle likes this.

Everybody capitalized on NNPC alone...i mentioned other orgs...whether i am called, or i am not called, it doesn't matter...what matters is getting things right in Nigeria. And like i said earlier, give person like you some glossy positions, you will forget prayer & God...Nigerians pretend to worship God just because they want God to do something for them,not becos they truly love God for He is God. And thats y pretending born agains...like.....do lose faith when things start moving smooth for u...so no be today...left for me, i will close all Churches & Mosques...worship God in your house, in your room. not using it to belie your evil ways and to get through...no Nigerian love God for He is God...if we do, Nigerian wont be like this ok? so fashii your prayers...all Job seekers in Nigeria are born again committed christians, the moment things get right, they go back to evil ways....sighs...

concernin d rally or march...i never knew...i am for such...i am nt a coward...& i am not a pessimist or whatever...i only want to see Nigeria be ok...not just for me, but for unborn kids...We need to ork together to make Nigeria ok...not just pretending to be praying while you & your group ripe off this nation...prayer must be backed with action! Israelites where we even learnt all these things in the Bible were out on the streets last month protesting for better housing, education, welfare...& it got settled...they would have gone to Jericho wall or Nineveh or Jerusalem to pray & not cry out....unscropulous hypocrites we have here in nigeria calling themselves whatever....people of foolish faith...wake up ooo....their are lots of fake dubious, devilish people claiming to be men of their god, not God....sighs.

If una like, make e be like this jaree....
    iHustle likes this.

Nigeria's problems are:
    1. Too many immixible tribes
    2. Religion

Nigeria as a black nation with so many uncivilized, uncultured, uneducated population is too big to be one nation, it cannot be governed...no man can do it. If not for greed by some tribes, Nigeria should have been divided accordingly...or better still, make it a united nations as one...whereby there will be like 5 different nations with their distinct prime-ministers and then a uniting president. and each country is to control its affairs, police, resources, etc and then return like say 30% of their monthly or annual resources to the central uniting govt. which will then concentrate on security, infrasture, foreign affairs, tech. advancement...etc...like that, there will be competition for devpt amongst the diff. nations, not some nations waiting to loot resources from other nations where it is gotten. it would also make other nations in nigeria, to find a way of harnessing their own national resources to have more revenue and devpt...besides that, nigeria will continue to deteriorate hourly...

The religion issue, until no 1 is done, then each nation can determine which religion it wants to practice, so any one going to that nation will abide by their rules, laws, religion, etc. and so each region or nation, can practice their own desired religion and be peaceful and happy...but people like you will say no....lets PRAY!

Jobfront, i don't just love d fact dat u hit d nail on head, what i do love more is d way u do it. Well spoken, very well spoken. The last tym an agitation like dis came up on NHJ, what did we get? D oct 1st independence party was moved from Eagle sq to d State house n nobody's invited. When d Govt's asked why, dey claimed dey were cutting cost. Jobfront it's really time we rose n stopped pretending we'r praying. We only pray fr ourselves n procalim all d faith there is. How many times have we knelt down and prayed fr our nation? Let's stop dis hypocrisy n rise in protest but not on our employers.

Recently I watched a documentary about an American mining company that operates both in US and another Latin American company. In its operation in US, the company protects its environment while in the other country wastes disposal are carried out without recourse to safe practices. What do I want to bring out? Companies are set up to make profits. When opportunity affords every company wants to do anything to maximize its profit and minimize its cost. Its the government of a nation that sets rules and when companies comes in they simply fall into line. Where rules are not set or where culture of people tolerate corruption, then u don't blame the man that wants to take advantage of situation to maximize its profits. So if we feel these companies take us for granted lets take our case to our government and stop blaming the poor companies.
    Chinese products are imported into US and other European companies but I am sure they are not counterfeit like the ones being imported into our countries. Standard are set and people entrusted to enforce the standard do their jobs. One thing I want many of us to understand is that most of the time we blame our senators, governors and the likes of being corrupt but to be sincere with you are they the ones watching our borders? Ask an average Nigerian what he will do if he has opportunity to be governor and what he will tell you is he will first take care of his house and the nation comes next. Many of us don't believe in this nation and most of the time just pretend to be doing so. We all go to work and give excuses why we shouldn't properly do our work. Lecturers don't do their jobs, students will rather spend money on flashy phones than invest in his/her books. The foreigner that behave decently in his country comes into our own get infected with the corruption bug and join in the party. You see ours is a self-inflicted problem and let us stop telling shell, total and others to close shop, afterall many people working there are Nigerians and it has even being known that many times you have some measure of transparency in this company its because the white man don't want we Nigerians to spoil his company for him. We all need a change of outlook, a change of orientation including that man that call himself "Jobfront" and most unfortunately for him (i.e. Jobfront) especially there might be need for God to help us in this task. The reason: Our Nation has wandered far off in its corruption journey, without God's help we might not be able to find our way back home.

@kjosefa. Well spoken, very well spoken too.

ok guys......we have opened too much grenades here and they are not all helpful at all, it's gonna be more than boko haram.......
    to my forte, everyone is entitled to his opinionated views when not generalised..... JOBFRONT expressed himself in a way he could and KJOSEFA reacted....we are all respective professionals in our various fields and we should respect our core values. for the fact that we do not have the dream and expected jobs would not make us lose our substance. please let's stop this religionistic battle of wits, religion is dangerous and would get us no where in Nigeria. if you believe in God please do so and let HIM save you.... and if you don't am sure you have something you believe or load your trust in......most of our statistics are wrong (i.e Nigerians don't love God etc)....... let's try not to spew hurtful words in a bid to quieten the other......why most of us would not keep our jobs even when we get to shell/chevron/glo et al is that we are too reactive, impatient, saucy, uncultured, shallow-minded and kiddy! what if you had a little ish with your team at work, would you burst forth in hysteria?

from me, recruitment process shouldn't take more than 3 months if indeed the company needs more staff, i have had cases where one was at medical stage and the whole process was cancelled, why? no one could answer that....were they serious from the on-set? yes they were, did they spend money on it? yes they did.....whats the end result? nothing......so we all need to talk about it.......and act towards it! and no one should stop anyone from viewing his mind... it's VOX POP!

finally.......you two (kjosefa+ jobfront) owe yourselves an apology.....you were too hard on urselves....!
    be what you cant imagine to be!

Quote Originally Posted by Atsaam View Post
    @kjosefa: that's exactly what is killing us in Nigeria. everything we resign to fate. It's not entirely their prerogative, we have some rights as citizens and moreover, giving employment to citizens is part of their corporate social responsibility. So we are entitled to that
    I am strongly in support of ur statement. We don't hv 2 resign to faith all the time. Some times we need to take a bold step to cause things to happen.
    iHustle likes this.

@qcycornell. Well spoken, very well spoken as well.

@qcycorn : I really appreciate your comment. The truth is I never meant insult in anyway. If it however appears so, I tender an apology. Nevertheless, as much as I believe that action is needed, I much stronger believe that this should start from inside of each of us. I read on this page where people talk about their not getting jobs after having done medicals, unfortunately as a person I have suffered a similar fate and its with one of the multinationals. Notwithstanding my experience, I have come to understand that we cannot change anything except we believe in our country and do whatever we can do in individual capacity to make the country excel. Let police police well, students study well, lecturers lecture well. If we all have positive attitude, it is a question of time, we will engender the kind of change we desire. Cynicism, pessimism, bitterness, anger, slothfulness, godlessness and similar attitudes don't solve any problem. On the short run some of these attitude may appear to offer solution but in the long run they fail. Above all we must always be able to ask relevant questions that will give appropriate answer. Lack of jobs stem from lack of proper infrastructure like light, road, railways, water system, etc. A country like ours with population of educated youth we have should be a goldmine for employers to invest if appropriate infrastructure are in place. If therefore, we want to press demands, let ask our leaders to make these necessary facilities available and I have no doubt in my mind that more jobs will be created. Unless this is done and we have situation whereby over 20,000 people chasing some 10 vacancies, our situation cannot be better than this and no matter how much placard we carried we might end up not making the changes we desire.

i heard a rumour today that the NNPC test and recruitment exerise has all been scrapped....please, all Naija hot jobbers, this isnt a forum for throwing insults but one for exchanging ideas and information on job related issues.....this information was passed across by a deputy manager in KRPC.....guys....please share your thoughts and opinions....cheers

+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast