+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Topic: Unemployment, bane of nigerian youth

Re: Unemployment, bane of nigerian youth

guy where is website nw pls note d ad of dis website shld b able to create a traffic pls do it shap shap

@guru01, how is the website coming? Please can you make a little bit snappy, now that the spirit is willing.
    I

Imo State Governor Ohakim has started giving out appointment letter to the youths after playing politics with it for a while because he is now soliciting for their vote.

You can imagine what will happen if President Goodluck Jonathan learns that about 20 million Nigerians are willing to vote for him if he will help reduce unemployment.

@guru01 hope your're putting final touches to the website.
    Please any other IT professional can help out, this is not a one man Job. We have to act now because this opportunity might never present itself again.
    I

Procastination is a thief of time. It is very easy to get the predent's attention via facebook. He normally replies to collective comments posted to his wall. You can check it out yourself. I suggest that while we are waiting for our website we can start sending messages to the president. We can suggest to him that he should get a database of unemployed Nigerians and make a budget that will accommodate them. I have already sent one message across to him yesterday. Today I will send another one. If all of us start sending messages to him on a daily bases I believe something positive will emanate. Think about this my friends.

facebook is already on ground why do u av to create a website when u can make use of a site that has numbers and people visit regularly. Just start a group and invite people. And the revolution begins. Building a new website waste time and u need publicity while facebook does not need the publicity

So what will be the name of this site
    Will it be a forum or a site that only the administrators can create a topic.
    i need answers immediately, to enable complete the job....

It is ideal for it to be a group, at least for now, whereby comments will be directly passed to the appropriate quarters. Such comments will be decided by majority of comments of the group. The administrators of the group MUST be people of proven integrity who will not jeopardize the effort, now and in the future till the results are achieved.

ALUTA CONTINUA VICTORIA ASCERTA

For once i thought you guys have lost your confindence on this our planned movement, like i said it's not something one or few people can achieve, it's for the majority.

The reason for the website is for us to get roughly the number of unemployed graduates in Nigeria(ie after registering with their credentials). So that, hopefully if something tangible comes out of this movement(i pray so) we will know where to channel it.

Facebook is very good; for comments, suggestions, invitations etc but we cannot use it for registration as this is not only for our generation but for generations to come ie it is going to be a continual process with no restrictions.

Since we are dealing with a large number, it is going to be a forum site where decisions of majority counts not few people.

Good to have you guys back(better late than never). One love
    I

so what is the house suggesting

Get the site up and running @guru01
    I

Hi Guys

I once posted the below right here on NAIJAHOTJOBS, got few responses and this marred the whole idea, i believe in your courage but i strongly believe what we need right now is this:

GRADUATE NETWORK CALLING!!!

Graduate Network is a proposed forum for graduates to pool their resources( expertise,social and financial capital, equipment e.t.c) for the purpose of exchange so as to form the next biggest enterprise, its basically a platform for expertise,social and financial capital, equipment e.t.c exchange.

This is a call to all graduates that know their onions well out there, irrespective of expertise; Accounting, Arts, Administration, Engineering, Medicine, Law, science, Computing, whatever your discipline is, it's about that time we put our future before us, our future is in our hands, rather than watch and let some employer orchestrate our future for us,we can be what we want to be, not what life push our ways.

Are you tired of applying for that job that you wonder if they ever did get your application? have you gone bankrupt resulting from "investing" in Guardian Newspaper on Tuesdays and Thursdays?

Whats your expertise? Whats your passion? , do you have that entrepreneurial spirit? how much can you persevere? do you have that ground breaking business idea? Advertising, Real Estate, Entertainment, Sports, Fashion, Transportation, ICT, Aesthetics just name it, lets come together and form that partnership that works, we have what it takes; the Zeal and the right education, together we can make that huge corporation.

Bring your idea(s) and/or expertise to the table,lets brainstorm,think through it, unavailability of capital is no excuse,with basic office equipments such as office space,PCs, printers, internet and furnitures(possible by individual contribution),and the right expertise some businesses are good to go.

Don't wait for that plum job that may never come(no thanks to godfatherism) lets take this giant leap,if we can dream it, we can live it! Are you that (wo)man with the right idea, expertise and attitude,lets talk, whats your tought? lets get started! contact me:

Olapo Oladapo
    [email protected]
    cc: [email protected]

Oladapo, honestly i really like this your idea, it is very resourceful, infact i'm in.

Just remember, this journey you are about to embark is very challenging especially the financial aspect of it. You cannot succeed in any business unless you have a strong capital(finance) or connection to obtain it. So, tell me where will like this office to be located? is it in Lagos? as for me i am very far away from Lagos.

Secondly, this unemployment movement we are about to embark on, is just to see if we can obtain a little help or support from the federal government. It's not that we have lost our focus or purpose as graduates but optimistic that the federal government will establish policies that will be very helpful to the unemployed. Other countries are doing it so why can't Nigeria do it?
    I

How about this domain name
    nigeriangraduates.org

+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast