Although there is economic meltdown all over the world , but I must tell you that the situation in Nigeria is more of the slowness of the government of the day.

In the last 3 to 4 years ago you see job opportunities for fresh graduates often tagged as -Descipline Engineer trainee, graduate trainee e.t.c , but what do we see in the papers this days? Experienced.... this and that, where do the the fresh graduate starts from?

Many fresh graduate now opt for M.sc programs, but i must say, this really can't take the place of 'on the job experience ' of which the government of the nation is not encouraging by not passing into Law the proposed LOCAL CONTENT bill being forcefully implemented by the Obasanjo regime.

EGTL a nigerian project with Mobil as the Client is still on hold after more than a year that the Detail design as been completed.

OKLNG project if awarded I heard that even the even Local Engineers in Nigeria will not be enough to execute it.

What of NLNG train 7? is still lingering.
If only this 3 major project are awarded and ensured that the full engineering and other logistics is carried out locally, then I see Nigeria blossom in the midst of scarcity, for every descipline will be adequately represented, even the banks will make intrest from the loans that will be granted.

I hope "Baba go slow..." and his cabinet will wake up to Nigerians rescue.

And as for Nigerian Society of Engineers, I have not seen any meaniful impact on there part in checking the so call Expertriate, who uses Nigeria as a learning ground at the expense of local engineers. They use Nigerians project to boost there CV's.
NSE wake up to your responsibility, Been a member should not just be an open access to getting project from federal, states and local government.