+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Unemployment, bane of nigerian youth

Re: Unemployment, bane of nigerian youth

@freezone
    did you make your money by fighting the government.
    As a good citizen, why not create job opporrunity for the youth around you.
    This is not the way forward, this is not the way you got your car.
    Am not fighting you, but airing my view.

Thank God, finally somebody brought this up,

Now guys i gotta hand it down to you real hard. There is a country name Switzerland who cannot boost of any single raw material yet they are among the world's top leading economy countries, their education and employment rate is 100%(believe it or not). There is so much money in that country that they have enough to pay foreigners (refugees) comfortably. Ask anyone who knows Europe very well.

This is because their government caters for its citizens, they made education free and ensures that each graduate is gainfully employed after school.

There are other two countries that I’m very sure of. Saudi Arabia and Libya. Every month these two countries send out check to each family from the profit generated from their natural resources (Crude oil). My Aunty who frequently visits Dubai on business trips made me understand that they don't bother about jobs because most of the works were done by foreigners. Here we are, able bodied young man and women ready to work, yet no job.

A barrel of crude is around $92 and Nigerian exports close to 4million barrels every day(do the math yourself). This country has more than enough to cater for it's citizens rather they (well connected people) keep on looting this money and circulating it amongst themselves.

Now, you may ask yourself why have they persistently and continuously punish the majority like you and i and the over 20million graduates, its simply because we the majority are either ignorant or we are scared to fight(non violently) for our rights.

Great men like Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther, Obafemi Awolowo, Azikiwe, Belewa etc can never be forgotten, not because they are so rich but because of their accomplishments in life.

We can only be remembered for what we have done and not what we have acquired.
    Is it not time we stood up against these people and say enough is enough, is it not high time we stand up and fight for what rightly belongs to us instead of staying at home, day after day, month after month and year after year waiting for a miracle to happen. Remember there are only two ways to live your live, either you take charge of your destiny or your destiny takes charge of you.

Last XMAS, i met someone whom i have not seen for close to ten years, he told me that he named his baby boy after me, i asked him why, he said it's because of the way i behave.
    I was more than honored.

Let me ask you that have been at home for almost 1-5 years waiting for a job, how would you like to be remembered? maybe one day you might end up as a hotel attendant(God forbid), but it is true. As for me, i Nnamdi would want to put my name as one of those people that stopped alarming rate of unemployment for generations to come.

Someone suggested we should think of what to do for our country, believe me if we are able to stop this alarming rate of unemployment for generations to come we would become heroes of our time.

Now, this fight against unemployment will be successful if we unite as one family and see it as a selfless service, i mean we shouldn't see ourselves as people to benefit but generations to come. This is because, this fight is a very serious one, some well connected people who are benefitting from this our suffering will fight with every strategy they can monitor, and if we see this as profit making venture, then they may succeed in influencing some of us either by bribery or any other form thereby disorganizing the purpose of our struggle.

Secondly, we should remove any form of fear from ourselves, you must remember that this is not a roller coaster ride, we should expert threat, they might even try to harm us, but if we stay strong and courageous just like our predecessors we being the majority will definitely succeed.

President Goodluck, during his campaign on PDP primaries promise to create employment opportunities, how he planned to do that, i completely have no idea.

Finally some us where asking of ideas, below are few of my suggestions.

1. We should find a way to gather ourselves together with the resources (like transportation, banners, posters etc) that we can lay hands on.

2. We should define our purpose like the ones i listed below:
    i. to ensure that employment is created, the federal government should include unemployed in their budget whereby each unemployed youth should be paid at least N30,000 per month for logistic purposes until he/she secures a job. Sometime ago in this forum i was made to understand that the allowance of a Speaker in the house of assembly is close to N80 million naira. This amount will not have any slightest effect on the revenues generated from this country.

ii. The issue of scratch card before application from any government or non government institution shall henceforth be nullified.

iii. Professional trainings, both home and abroad (fully sponsored by federal government) to meet company's standard should be organized for all unemployed youth in this country. This is what China did.

3. Then finally we shall fix a date when all of us will be matching down to Abuja.

This planned fight may look unrealistic, hopeless or waste of time but believe me if make a bold move, they will have a rethink, they know what to do but they feel, since we are not complaining or doing anything about it what's the essence of implementing such methods.

What this government needs is a kind of trigger for them to wake up and start living up to their responsibilities, instead of sitting there drinking, laughing and continuously loot our resources while we continue to suffer and wait for miracle to happen.

That we suffer doesn't bother them, because they have planned for their families and all their relatives. Now you and i that doesn't have any connection, what should we do? Do we continue to watch these dramas continue to unfold before us or should we make a move and put an end to this?

If federal government put unemployed graduates for budget, na bad thing?
    I

@nnamdi
    you have spoken well, but what i want you to know is that naija is full of corruption that nobody can be trusted when it comes to money aspect.
    This is not a one man fight and i think it should not be the fight of the physical.
    My suggestion is let we all mobilize our self to pray for our leaders at least once in a week either christian or muslim, it will reduce violent rate and work faster if we believe in faith.
    Nothing in physical is violence free.
    What do you guys think.

@guru01 i am not equally fighting u, of course there is goin to be much arguments and deliberations before we would all come to see why we should take this to another level. you talk of job creation which is going to cater just for our daily bread friend there is more to life than to eat and sleep you got the power to make changes and decisions on this earth alone hereafter is not for you to make choices @guru01 i am saying it again what we are calling for is not fighting the government but calling for a well coordinated non radical peaceful protest its not immediate but we would try sample opinions and seek concrete support from the public and international organization also we are going to apply for a legal backing for it to be effective we are all graduate we are not agbero boys things like this are very sensitive.

@guru01, thank you very much for that contribution, it is in fact one of the greatest tools we need to be victorious (ie prayer). If you read my post very well just like @freezone mentioned, it is not a fight against the government and it doesn't have anything to do violent, rather it is a suggestion on how to save this country before things get outta of hand. It's a call for the government to see that about 30% of people in this country are unemployed and to remind them that they are part of the administration, and that this country cannot develop or move forward if it continues to increase.

Does it ever occur to you that this might be an answer to years of prayer by the faithfuls. Every year close to 95,000 graduates are produced in this country and about five to ten thousand get employed, most of them are not even happy at their place of work, and the number of unemployed keeps on increasing.

My opinion is merely a suggestion and not a must do by the people involved and no one can succeed in this fight alone, it has to be a collateral agreement by the majority. All I'm suggesting is for us to make a move coupled with our prayers, you will be surprise at the outcome. You will see that the same thing which you may be taking as a big deal is nothing at all.

@guru01 at times, i feel that this government which you are so much protecting, you might be part of it(lol). Well even if you are, then you have a very big role to play in this, we need people in power to tell us how to relay this message in the most law abiding and cordial manner.

As for the part of not trusting anyone when it comes to money issue, you are definitely right, that's why i suggested we should find a way to gather ourselves and define our purpose.

Please lets no longer fold our hands and do nothing, thinking that God will provide. Remember heaven helps those who helps themselves, a journey of a thousand miles starts with a step, take a step today and you will be surprise at the difference you will make in this country. Abi guys no be true?

Guys holla me on 07038714359 or [email protected] whenever you guys are ready for the match.

I

Count me in.
    [email protected]

Are you guys saying that even those that didnt go through school, but the school went through them. That cant even defend their result, should also be employed?

A lot who dint go to school can perform better than a lot of today's SO CALLED GRADUATES. It's so unfortunate. I refuse to join the number.

May God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost bless whoever brought about this topic. And incase u are a Muslim, may Allah uplift u. It is long overdue. This is the right time to act. Igwebuike! There is strength in multitude. Enough is enough. Our number can affect the coming election if we can unite. It is either now or never. Procastination is a thief of time. Wake up my fellow youths enough of slumber. In a country where senators earn above 10 million naira a month and we are talking of unemployment like this. Over 80 billion was given to Jega to conduct elections and u can agree wit me that from the registration exercise that he has started failing. If the govt can budget half of this money to tackle unemployment all of us will be home and dry. The govt can be compelled to do somthing if they notice our seriouseness. This is not a military regime so we don't have to be afraid. President Goodluck was suggesting given #250,000 to each corper at the end of service to fight unemployment, we can make him include us as well. First, we must organise ourselves in large numbers. One of the way of doing this is to set up a website where every unemployed can register. Second we can organise peaceful demonstration accross each state of the fedration. C'mon who says we can't achieve our purpose? Nigerians wake up, pls enough is enough. This na my number 08038700964. God bless Nigeria.

We have alot of issue to tackle here, which incluudes the government, employers, grauates and the schools.
    As for the website i can create one.

www.mobile2user.com
    Latest technology development

That's the spirit man(@guru01). Now, may i suggest that once the website is created, all unemployed graduates should scan their degree and NYSC certificates and register immediately for us to know the next step to take.

@lovinah and Faith, i don;t think this is the right place to determine those that are better than the others, believe me, we need all the help we can get. For now we are all Nigerian graduates(note: Nigerian graduates).

Hey, where are this other guys now, una don dey slack?
    I

I suggest we first get the website and encourage all the unemployed to register. We can use social network like facebook to reach out to others. Today there is a revolution going on in Tunisia and Egypt because of this same unemployment and bad governance. The unfortunate thing is that here in Nigeria the situation is worse yet nobody is ready to step out. If we all keep mum it will remain business as usual. Think about it my friends.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast