+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Topic: Are Naija Job Interviews Free and Fair?

Re: Are Naija Job Interviews Free and Fair?

Hello house,

what's really up with you prince seyi, u introduced a topic for the house and now u're using it as an avenue to advertise, bros wetin be ur own?

Well the truth still remains that a whole lot of the jobs these days are gotten thru knowing someone inhouse or the special Grace of God, the former being the main stead in naija today,.

I had a personal with virgin nigeria, where i passed the written and computer tests, i was called for the final interview which was head by a white swedish lady in charge of customer services, after the interview the woman told me directly that she would really love having me on her team and see hoped to see me soon, in my heart i was overjoyed, but something stroke me and that was that the naija guys that were with her, an hausa guy and another guy who were operational heads just asked me if i knew anyone within the organisation and i said no, they just laughed and told me that "if i'm sucessful they would contact me and that they wished me well in my endeavours" for anyone used to the system u know that's a polite way od dismissing you; well to cut the long story short, i didn't get the job; not for lack of trying or lack of the qualifications but for the fact that a few individuals see themselves as demi-gods, feeling bcos they're in a place of opportunity they can manipulate people.

Wellit seems the man know man syndrome has taken a deep root within the sphere of the employment process in nigeria but i know one thing for sure it might take a longer time but for whoever is destined to succeed nothing and noone will stop you they can only delay ur progress.

So for my brothers and sisters out there, keep hope alive cos without it we're nothing more than moving statues.

Remain Blessed,
    Naija4Life.
    That has been
    Thanks<br /><br />Remain Blessed All,<br />Best Regards,<br />Naija4Life.

i know one thing for sure it might take a longer time but for whoever is destined to succeed nothing and noone will stop you they can only delay ur progress. - AMEN!
    No One Will Know You Are Honest Unless You Give Out Samples!

Quote Originally Posted by saint2ace
    Hello house,

what's really up with you prince seyi, u introduced a topic for the house and now u're using it as an avenue to advertise, bros wetin be ur own?

Well the truth still remains that a whole lot of the jobs these days are gotten thru knowing someone inhouse or the special Grace of God, the former being the main stead in naija today,.

I had a personal with virgin nigeria, where i passed the written and computer tests, i was called for the final interview which was head by a white swedish lady in charge of customer services, after the interview the woman told me directly that she would really love having me on her team and see hoped to see me soon, in my heart i was overjoyed, but something stroke me and that was that the naija guys that were with her, an hausa guy and another guy who were operational heads just asked me if i knew anyone within the organisation and i said no, they just laughed and told me that "if i'm sucessful they would contact me and that they wished me well in my endeavours" for anyone used to the system u know that's a polite way od dismissing you; well to cut the long story short, i didn't get the job; not for lack of trying or lack of the qualifications but for the fact that a few individuals see themselves as demi-gods, feeling bcos they're in a place of opportunity they can manipulate people.

Wellit seems the man know man syndrome has taken a deep root within the sphere of the employment process in nigeria but i know one thing for sure it might take a longer time but for whoever is destined to succeed nothing and noone will stop you they can only delay ur progress.

So for my brothers and sisters out there, keep hope alive cos without it we're nothing more than moving statues.

Remain Blessed,
    Naija4Life.
    That has been
    Guy!
    U ve said it all.
    Oneluv.
    Cash Rules Everytin Around Me(CREAM)...

I had a personal with virgin nigeria, where i passed the written and computer tests, i was called for the final interview which was head by a white swedish lady in charge of customer services, after the interview the woman told me directly that she would really love having me on her team and see hoped to see me soon, in my heart i was overjoyed, but something stroke me and that was that the naija guys that were with her, an hausa guy and another guy who were operational heads just asked me if i knew anyone within the organisation and i said no, they just laughed and told me that "if i'm sucessful they would contact me and that they wished me well in my endeavours" for anyone used to the system u know that's a polite way od dismissing you; well to cut the long story short, i didn't get the job;
    @Naija4Life That is what I am saying. You felt that you were qualified just because a white lady said she wanted you on her team.

Are you sure you were actually qualified? Maybe you made some deadly mistakes which you did not know of but which to the company were the deciding factors. Remember what the bible says "People are destroyed because of lack of knowledge. Hosea chapter 4 verse 6

What can we learn from the Adams Oshiomole saga? The same people who orchestrated the phony election results are they who are the Managing Directors and Board members of the top companies in Nigeria.

Even if they are not directly in the company offices their brothers ,relatives and friends are. Do not mortgage your life, your career, your happiness and those of your dependents, family and relatives on the selfishness and greed of a few Nigerians.

Leave the crowd. If you continue to follow the same path then you will continue to experience the same stage managed results, the same frustration, and the same watching people who are not as good as you getting the plum jobs and telling you that you are not as intelligent as them!!

May your way be rough. As long as you do not want to change your ways!!!

@Prince Seyi

I honestly think if you've got anything useful to give to the house about the way forward you should just spit it out rather than all these your "Sermon on the Net".

You've been going round in circles; and I think people on this forum are beginning to get bored by your tantrums.

Be Your Brothers' Keeper!
    No One Will Know You Are Honest Unless You Give Out Samples!

@Dagunro

Good talk!

@Prince Seyi

We are not in any philosophy class here
    I am a slow walker but I never walk backwards.

Prince Seyi, as much as i appreciate ur contributions towards this forum i must ask u one question, do u think the color of our skin makes us any different from one another? white and black alike, i didn't recount the details of that interview to show that a white woman had a favorable disposition to me or the way i conducted myself in that interview, i only used it to show how baised some pple are when attending to clients in interviews and pls note my words, i said some pple cos even in the basket of rotten apples they are still a few good ones.

Moreover the company has a standard and if u do not reach that standard then u do not qualify to even start the recruitment process with them, and rmber i passed two stages so i don't know how much of a deadly error i did to get to that stage of the process, like i said i appreciate ur comments but pls as much as possible make it objective cos that's the main determinate of our person.

One Love.

Prince Seyi. I wonder what your real motives are. You have succeeded in starting a sensitive topic to which forum members have posted worthy contributions only for you to start waxing philosophical. May I remind you that time is a precious commodity. Please stop wasting it, if you have anything conctrete to share, share it now OR ELSE BUZZ OFF!

@Naija4Life
    do u think the color of our skin makes us any different from one another? white and black alike,
    Not only the color of our skin but the sound of our voices.

What is the color difference between a Nigerian Muslim and a Nigerian Christian?
    Or Nigerian Ibo and a Nigerian Hausa.

There is a difference. Dont run from it. More of this later. For now look further down for my opinion.

@Dagunro

@Prince Seyi

I honestly think if you've got anything useful to give to the house about the way forward you should just spit it out rather than all these your "Sermon on the Net"

Be Your Brothers' Keeper!
    "The Sermon on the Net. I like that. But Dagunro was it philosophy that made the church to accuse Galileo Galilei ofheresy?He was jailed if i remember rightly. Some times people cannot stand the truth. Can you accept the truth?

and last but not the least @nextbiggestbang
    You have succeeded in starting a sensitive topic to which forum members have posted worthy contributions only for you to start waxing philosophical
    nextbiggestbang can you stand the truth?

could somebody if anybody tell this shit head of a seyi guy to look for something better to do than waste our precious time ranting on the net, i now see the reason why u were not given an opportunity of a job where u applied. your biggest problem and mistake in life is that you are over confident and don't know how to answer simple direct questions with direct answers. a very big example is the one u are being asked now which u feel in your mind of mind that u are answering.
    if i was on an interview panel and u were to face me, with the way you have been going in circles to the answer, i wont pick you even if you knew somebody in the house.
    have a rethink on your question answering skills and stop acting stupid

@ BOUQUI
    a very big example is the one u are being asked now which u feel in your mind of mind that u are answering.
    Bouqui that is exactly what we are refering to: What is this?
    do u think the color of our skin makes us any different from one another?
    Anywhere in the world that post by Saint2ace is a question.

My reply?
    Not only the color of our skin but the sound of our voices.

What is the color difference between a Nigerian Muslim and a Nigerian Christian?
    Or Nigerian Ibo and a Nigerian Hausa.

There is a difference. Dont run from it.
    Okay Bouqui you are now the chief interviewer. Let me answer Saint2Ace's question in the manner that will make you give me the job. Mr BOUQUI according to the facts on the ground...Both the color of our skin, the sound of our voice and the particular piece of the earth that we were born into makes us different.

That is my opinion sir.That is the reason that I can deduce from what is happening in Jos, that is my explanation of what is happening with Israel and Palestine, Iraqis and Kurds, the Taliban and Afghanistan, Somalia.

Ife and Modakeke, Ijaw and Itsekiri, Aguleri and the other A or U_somthing-leri, between the Tiv and Jukun. Go on BOUQUI help me out. You know that you can give more instances where the color of our skin and the sound of our voices makes us different

Come on BOUQUI...dont be like the Ostrich. Burying your head in the sand when danger appears does not make the danger to disappear

Hmmmmmm, there are things about pple that continue to amaze me, for there is a saying that " the voice of the people is the voice of God" as much as i would appreciate the efforts of prince seyi in starting this topic and keeping everybody entertained with his posts and all, i'd like to tell him to pls pipe down, it seems as if he is trying really hard to be relevant within the circle of naijahotjobs, my brother no vex oh, i know say na philosophy na him u read but no be everytime na him man dey talk to show say him sabi book.
    It is said that an elder keeps quite when the children rant and rave, not for want of what to say but for what he would say to have credence and meaning. I must confess that although this started as a worthwhile topic prince seyi has gradually turned it to a war of words, with no relevance whatsoever to the topic at hand.
    I will thus appeal to our Honourable Chief Speaker, Honourable Seyi to do us all a favour and do what the "elders" do. A word they say is enough for the wise.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast