+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Topic: Are Naija Job Interviews Free and Fair?

Re: Are Naija Job Interviews Free and Fair?

this is fantastic. Some are while some are not. it is not how far but...
    There is nothing possible, there is nothing impossible. 08038377446, [email protected]

Its good to be back after the long holidays. Barka Da Sallah everyone. Now I appreciate Saint2ace for elevating me to the status of an elder. Thank you. But from your posts it seems that some Naijahotjobites are so frustrated with the situation of no_job_itis that they vent their frustration on anything and everything in their path.
    Bouquoi for instance has yet to indicate what he sees as my not answering questions...

The greatest lesson that we need to learn in life is that even fools are right sometimes. By the way that is not my original quote. That quote came from no other great personage than Winston Churchill.

I ask again....Are Naija job interviews, like Naija elections free and fair? Give me a straight answer. Use your own experience.

Before I go and start my job seeking for today let me end with another piece of advice from Sir Winston Churchill..... "In Life, war and politics, the truth is so precious that it has to be protected by a bodyguard of lies." What do you think?

Why do Nigerians enjoy the " I am a Victim syndrome?" Stop complaining and do something to improve your life. Wake up.You have no other life but this one. Stop wasting it.

i agree with everyone. seeing it in a different way is as a result of the angle you are viewing it from. to be candid, i think nothing is hardly done on merit inour country, there may be no interview that is free and fair in this nation depending on your experience but you will still agree with me that some people got great jobs without knowing anybody. no matter how hard the situation is,God will see his own thru. at least i'm a living testimony. i got my job in 2006 without knowing anybody, i guess my cv even got to the company thru mass distribution of cv after NYSC. when i got there on the day of the interview, i discovered that nearly everybody came in thru one person or the other but i knew nobody. at the initial stage,i wanted to be discouraged but i remembered what our Bishop normally says that anywhere ur soul of feet shall match, you shall possess. not minding people around me,i pull my shoe and toched the floor of the company with my bare foot and made some declearations. i was called for the 2nd&3rd stages and at the end of the day,i got employed. when i got in, i was told that i even scored the highest during the course of the interview. do you want to know how it worked? it's simple-FAVOUR! i was told that one over-meticulous woman among the mgt fell in love with me just because i smiled like her daughter-now tell me,do you think that was ordinary?
    though the road may seems rough but WITH GOD, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!

i remembered what our Bishop normally says that anywhere ur soul of feet shall match, you shall possess. not minding people around me,i pull my shoe and toched the floor of the company with my bare foot and made some declearations. i was called for the 2nd&3rd stages and at the end of the day,i got employed. when i got in, i was told that i even scored the highest during the course of the interview. do you want to know how it worked? it's simple-FAVOUR! i was told that one over-meticulous woman among the mgt fell in love with me just because i smiled like her daughter-now tell me,do you think that was ordinary?
    though the road may seems rough but WITH GOD, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!
    @Motunrayo God Bless you. You have shown that sometimes it is "Ask and Receive" not "Ask and Achieve" Praise God you scored the highest. But many times it is the least qualified person that gets the job.

Sometimes according to another Bishop, even if you are not qualified but because of that special FAVOUR and because of the declarations you make you will be chosen ahead of other people who are more qualified than you.....

Is that fair

Really, job interviews like most other issues in Naija are biased; never done freely and fairly. However, there are still few that are free and fair. It's just left to us to try work and pray, having faith and God will do His own thing. When God says Yes, no one says No, you know!

I urge us never to be discouraged. They say: "Successful people change their focus without negative emotion or loss of intensity." Also: "You bring about what you think about. To have great days, expect great days. It's Easy."

I wish you all goodluck!!

SHEYI MAN,
    Before i forget, u mention a secret u used in vague but u didn't disclose it for ur guys! As per Naija interview, o boy, I tire o. Na only God fit save person. I was invited 4 glo intervier last year, and 3 simple questions were asked from all us. Believe me! Those we were interview 2geda then kept calling whether thing don happen 4 my side. nothing except if it will happen 2morow.

Naija interview is just 4 a mere fomality. It's jst God that can save us

best of luck sha

Quote Originally Posted by isegidi
    SHEYI MAN,
    Before i forget, u mention a secret u used in vague but u didn't disclose it for ur guys! As per Naija interview, o boy, I tire o. Na only God fit save person. I was invited 4 glo intervier last year, and 3 simple questions were asked from all us. Believe me! Those we were interview 2geda then kept calling whether thing don happen 4 my side. nothing except if it will happen 2morow.

Naija interview is just 4 a mere fomality. It's jst God that can save us

best of luck sha
    @Isegidi
    Many people make critical blunders during interviews. Many times they dont realise that they are making those mistakes. Ignorance is a disease. What you dont know can kill you.

Knowledge is the Key to unlocking your happiness and success in today's world.

The problem is that so many people are too afraid and too lazy to go out there and get the knowledge that will change their lives.

Are you one of them?
    Why remain jobless lonely not respected when U can Quickly get Your Dream Job Make Good Money Be happy&enjoy your life email [email protected]

hello seyi, bouqui is a miss and not a mr

Quote Originally Posted by BOUQUI
    hello seyi, bouqui is a miss and not a mr
    House make una look well well oh!

Na so e dey start. Small small monkey go go market e no go return.

But come sef Bouqui who tell you say Prince Seyi wanto know weda bouqui na miss or mr?

Abi miss bouqui you don "miss" your bus? Go find anoda driver ooohhh!!!! Prince Seyi no want. Abi Prince?

Quote Originally Posted by aproko1
    House make una look well well oh!

Na so e dey start. Small small monkey go go market e no go return.

But come sef Bouqui who tell you say Prince Seyi wanto know weda bouqui na miss or mr?

Abi miss bouqui you don "miss" your bus? Go find anoda driver ooohhh!!!! Prince Seyi no want. Abi Prince?
    @Aproko
    Aproko leave bouqui and Prince Seyi alone.

U guys make me laugh...........

Even the developed world do not have free and fair processes in their recruitment.

Go and ask well. You must be referenced from someone within in most cases except it's a graduate role.

At least i know about NHS EAST LONDON and so many other organizations .

If you have gone to study major books on job seeking and stuffs around the globe, you will realize more than 68% of people in employment today got it through Networking, not advertisement or any other means.

I lost an Oceanic Bank job in 2007 because i dint know anyone there. One of the General managers that interviewed me particularly told me this. Later the coordinator called and told me they dint pick me cos i did not have the required experience. SO what are we saying?

Get it straight, u don't have to know anyone in an organization before they offer you a position but some would need to even if they merit it.

Wish y'a ALL da very best

Quote Originally Posted by teadewole
    U guys make me laugh...........

Even the developed world do not have free and fair processes in their recruitment.

Go and ask well. You must be referenced from someone within in most cases except it's a graduate role.

At least i know about NHS EAST LONDON and so many other organizations .

If you have gone to study major books on job seeking and stuffs around the globe, you will realize more than 68% of people in employment today got it through Networking, not advertisement or any other means.

I lost an Oceanic Bank job in 2007 because i dint know anyone there. One of the General managers that interviewed me particularly told me this. Later the coordinator called and told me they dint pick me cos i did not have the required experience. SO what are we saying?

Wish y'a ALL da very best
    @Teadewole

Thank you . Tell them!! Tell Nigerians.

You say 68% its more like 86% of all job placements come through networking. The ability to sell yourself. To convince others of your worth. If you cant sell yourself then you wont have any friends in high places.

With no friends in high places you will remain jobless, broke, not respected, unmarried and unhappy!!!

Why End Up Jobless, broke, not respected, unmarried and unhappy when You can quickly get your Dream Job , win a Multi-Million naira contract, and Smile to the Bank everyday.

Discover the hidden networking Secrets of Nigeria's Top Bankers, Nollywood Movie Stars and Rich Society Celebrities.

Copy the step by step techniques they use to Sell Yourself and learn how you too can Attract More Money, More Love, More Happiness and More Good Fortune into Your Life !!

Learn how to Sell yourself!!! Your life depends on it

+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast