+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Topic: THE MAD HOUSE CALLED INTERCONTINENTAL BANK

Re: THE MAD HOUSE CALLED INTERCONTINENTAL BANK

All sanusi is doing is total rubbish, because u come up with policy to restructure and stabilize the economy not to damage the life of average citizen. People are there who have served more than 15 years in the Banking industry even at managerial positions and yet the policy still not affect them but the new one bear the brunt.
    Sanusi is ruin the economy instead of him to create more job opportunity rather is retrenchment.
    Atleast, if he asked those that have served over 15 years at the top positions to leave the industry definitely those one will not just seat rather some will come together to establish even if it is small firm and by so doing they will employ.
    But i am not surprise at times if we expect senses the other is what we will get.

Quote Originally Posted by kenben
    @doze22 are u listening to yourself at all? it is good that he dealt with the bank CEO's but it is really sad that he is allowing the new management of inter and oceanic to fire so many people. Creating unemployment has never been known to help any economy. After all afri bank just announced that they will not be sacking anyone. or haven't u also read that sanusi has directed the to cut salaries by 30% saying that bank staff are overpaid? how do u explain such a silly statement? are u aware the oceanic bank has already concluded plans to shut down a great portion of it's branch network saying that their existence cannot be justified?
    Why shouldnt we curse Lamido Sanusi? Y shouldnt bank executives live like Billionaires, have 3, and even more private jets, buy mansions abroad, even if all of that is with money illegally pilfered? Even if its at the expense of employees, of poor depositors like widows, petty traders and students? Why should the law take its course? why should we commend a do-godder, or is this not Nigeria anymore?
    @kenben, if this doesnt sound ludicrous to you, then this really IS Nigeria afterall.
    @tunslori and ajaimoses, stay on point. Nothing do you.

most of the disengaged staff are better off on the job with half of their salaries.most of them would have willingly accepted this as personal sacrifices and the few that have dissenting opinion would have resigned voluntarily without generating these ripples. why are some pple's carrier being sacrified for the sake of cost reduction while every employer should have felt the pain equally by reducing salary even by 50%. i think the new management of the troubled banks are just being excessively nefarious with their new policies. they should be checked be4 they plunge the masses/economy intoa more serious problem than this......................the middle management and line staff that are being sent away without any entitlement(very meagre in some cases) are not the ones responsible for the decadence in the sector...they shold stop punishing pple unnecessarily..................

Now listen, you don't really need to be sorry for the people that were laid off, at least not for long. I think you should be more sorry for the ones that have never been employed.....Think about it, employers will always prefer people with work experience to people that don't have one. and here we are, a lot of employed people were sacked, the little job that would have been available for our fresh graduates are not sure for them anymore, because it would be competed for with the experienced ones....Jobseekers increases while employment decreases see that! What kind of economy improvement is that? Gov Lamido Sanusi made a blunder. whatever his plans are, its madness, its not going to work! United states prefer to lose money to keep people's job by introducing a stimuli, Sanusi is laying people off by his actions. Now tell me CBN gov lovers, how do you intend that to work on the long run?

@TOO FAVOURED AND YOUR FOLLOWER
    I WONDER WHY U UNDER LINE THE STATEMENT YOU DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND. THERE SOME BASIC QUESTION WE SHOULD ASK OURSELF BEFORE TALKING, HAS ANY OF THOSE SACKED MD SAID THEY HAD PERSONAL ISSUE WIT SANUSI, OR ANY JOINT STATEMENT BY MD'S THAT WAS A TROUBLE MAKER AMONG MD'S DURING THEIR MONTHLY MEETING WIT CBN,THE HIHEST SAID WAS THAT HE IS BEEN USED BY THE NORTH. YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN SOLUDO RELAXED ALL MOST TO ITS END OF HIS TENURE.(WHERE DID AGBOOLA ACQUIRE 358 BILLION OF ASSET) I BEG PONDER OOOOO
    YOU DO NOT KNOW SANUSI THAT U TALK THAT WAY, HE HIS KNOW FOR PRUDENCY THAT WAS THE REASON HE WAS CHOSEN\
    NOW LISTEN TO UR SELF ALL BANK ARE GUILT, THAT IS A LIE, IF U KNOW THE PRINCIPLE OF INVESTMENT U WILL KNOW U ARE A NOVICE. THERE IS NO BUSINESS IN THIS WORLD THAT WILL RUN WITHOUT INCURRING LOSSES BUT HOW MUCH WILL ALLOW BECAUSE ALL LOSSES HAS TO BE COVER FOR
    ALL BANK MADE LOSSES IN THEIR LOAN AND ADVANCES, BUT CAN U COMPARE THE HIHEST LOAN LOSS BY THE HEALTHY BANK TO THE LEAST LOAN LOSS BY THIS DIDTRESS BANK(47 BILLION COMPARED TO 345 BILLION) ABA OPEN YOUR EYES TO THE TRUTH, INVESTOR HAVE LOST MONEY IN THIS BANK AND DEPOSITOR ARE ABOUT TO LOSS.
    IF U DO NOT KNOW, 1 BANK FAILURE CAN CAUSE THE FAILURE OF THE ENTIRE BANKING SYSTEM BECAUSE THEY ARE CHAINED TOGETHER
    AM SURE U MIGHT NOT UNDERSTAND WAT I SAY CAUSE OF LACK OF FINANCIAL KNOWLEDGE BUT I WISH AND PRAY FOR MY COLLEAGUE OUT THERE AND I SAY JOB WILL DEFINITELY COME BACK TO U
    GREED WILL NOT KILL US IN THIS COUNTRY AMEN

pls at cfan forex am not justifying the sack of any body neither am i happy for the lord sake i ve a member of the family who was affected in oceanic
    all am say for those blaming sanusi for sacking the md instead of thinking he save the bank from collapsing under this guys
    the rationale for reciting and disengaging staff is left wit the management and not cbn, that all i ve been saying from my 1st post
    STOP BLAMING SANUSI THAT IS ALL I TELL MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM

These banks should have done what zenith did sometime ago. There was a time zenith was the highest paid bank but when huge chunk of their money went into visafone they cut salary by almost 50%. The truth of the matter is dat this serves as a big lesson to many. Wherever u are, whether in banking sector or not, try to make good savings. Some of these (sacked) staff from IBPLC were receiving more than N200k every month but as bankers they would just be ravished by friends and families leaving them with little or nothing to save. I sympathize with them anyway but more with those that have not tasted the joy of employment. God dey!

hey cfanforex,
    u as a person need to be matured in ur statement,we all know the effect is large employement figure but do not forget no financial sector no economy,so the economy can still recover and will definitely employe, the only thing the people sack will have gotten better things to do by the grace of God.
    so stop make statement out no statement, let me ask if u have a business that is not making half of the profit expected or the coy is in debt wat will be ur financial decision
    so do understand the principle of economics

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345