+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Topic: Age falsification and job seekers

Re: Age falsification and job seekers

halo house,if the system is bad does not mean we shld now join to make it worse.age falsification or not,ur dream job will at God's own time cuz thje bible says "he makes everytin beautiful in his own time.just wait and dont join the crowd to do evil .u can stand out
    ====================================<br />PUT A SMILE ON SOMEBODY FACE TODAY

True talk Chikudi
    I can say that of atruth, where i v just bin employed like a few months back, i'm 2yrs older dan d required age, but whn i said i wanted 2 leave some ago dat i didn't lyk sum of deir policies dey asked me 2 atleast give dem some tym and if there is no improvement den i may decide.
    As far as they are concerned i am a performer, but i'm actually 2 yrs older dan their requirement.
    So..............................................
    Be d judge.

Guys, the fact remains that the system is bad. Everybody knows this. Right from the top to the bottom, age falsification has been in existence.

Most of our political leaders falsify their ages to get political appointments and even go as far as doing this to spend a longer time in service. Footballers also do the same. People that are as old as my Uncle would simply say the are under 20; the age of my younger brother. This is just in an attempt to fit into the demands of the time.

But in the real sense of it, there is really no excuse for forgery. Everybody knows that the system is bad but I strongly believe that for the fact that you did not just drop form nowhere, you were made by somebody; the almighty creator, there is no cause for alarm.

See God (Allah) cannot teach you how to swim so that you get drowned when you start swimming. He knows that you were going to be born at the time you were born. If you falsify you age all in the name of the economy you are simply saying you were born by a mistake. That you were not supposed to be born at the time you were born. Maybe God should have delayed you for a while in the womb.

This age thing is simply a plot to reduce the number of applicants in these companies. Guys, lets not just do things for the sake of the present. Lets consider the fact that our children would be part of tomorrow. They would fall victims of your mstakes and manuevre. Besides, do you think that the job you are falsifying you age for is the best you can ever have? What if you falsify your age and do not get the job or you get the job, work there for a while with an intention of moving into a better company and then someone from nowhere just says you are really too young for the new job. It can happen in cases where Nemesis wants catch up with one.

Let us not say 'if we can't beat them, join them'. The fact that the majority chooses to be treacherous and deceptive, does not make deception good. Let us not attach too much importance to this age thing as if it is the major determinent of you getting a job.

I can outrightly tell you[b]'your age, in no way has nothing to do with the nature of job you would get or your success in the job'. Man when it is your time, it is your time and nothing, either cherubic or devilish can stop it.[/b

Men, the best is still to come. Hold on patiently for it. I have personal experiences I mey not be able to share. All I know is, wait for it so that it doesn't meet your abscence when it comes. We are the future generation. We have to change ourselves from the inside and see how your outside would change.

All the things we die for are all vanity. Let us seek God first and turn from our wicked ways and see if God would not bless us

I also strongly
    He that overcomes shall wear the crown of life.

no b our fort jooo. why smbody go kno say niger guys dey look 4 job come say age limit. govt beta do smthing about it.
    shafman84

Personally i don't blame the employers for being strict about age limit. It's all the question of demand and supply.Gone were the days when the employers used to run after prospective graduates in our higher institutions in search of workers regardless of any shortcoming be it age or grade level. I'm talking about nigeria before 1982(prior to recession period). Then, a final year students could have say 6 appointment letters even before graduation. However the reverse is the case nowadays when the number of unemployed youth has risen. We now run after them. So they can treat us the way they like. What pains me most is that the government that is supposed to come to the aid of the unemployed youth through the promulgation of antitrust laws (especially about age hinderance) govering the activities(in this case recruitment) of the employers fails to do so. Government parastatals even do add age limit not to talk of private. Though many hate it, we just have to do it. Age falsification is inevitable. Sincerely!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chibest
    maleck, u r right. i suggest we eliminate all the political crminals, besides, farida waziri is not good 4 that job. she is 1 of them. we better look 4 a youth that has not stolen b4 2 do that job, and i an do that job (efcc) without asking 4 salary. i will probe all from 1960, even posthumously so that we can v role models 4 our youths. tell them that age is a number, what matters is what u v upstairs.

AGE IS JUST A NO.CAN U IMAGINE GTBANK SAYING THEY NEED SOME1 WHO IS B/W 22/23YRS OLD TO EMPLOY.DAT IS MADNESS IN D HIGHEST ORDER.WE GO SURVIVE

This post has generated alot of reaction from different angles. At least 90% of the post i recently read on this post supported age falsefication.
    What is age falsefication? it is a criminal offense punishable by law not only in this country but also in foreign country if one is caught.
    Telling lies about your age, is like selling out your birthright, there is always a pain attached to it, consciously or unconsciously bearing about.
    There is no doubt that the country that is fallen will rise very soon, let's not paint the nation as if we are the worst people on earth.
    Nigerians are the most wonderful people on earth.
    Stop age falsefication now, if you dont want nemesis to catch up with you.
    I still have my 50% start up capital to be given to you if order for my info kit for just 1,000Naira, get to [email protected] and order for your own copy.
    Bless you is my prayer.
    My Final Conclusion is that GOD is good to mankind

I DON'T THINK (HOUSE) THAT IT IS AN IDEAL THING TO FALSIFY OUR AGE IN-ORDER TO IMPRESS OUR SO CALLED EMPLOYEES. WAT I BELEIVE IS DAT ANY JOB DAT IS MEANT FOR YOU NO MATTER WHAT AGE YOU RIGHTLY ARE, U'LL SURELY GET IT. ALSO, I THINK THAT DESPITE THE FACT DAT MOST OF US SPENT YEARS EITHER B4 ADMISSION OR NYSC OR EVEN B4 THINKING OF GETTING A JOB, DOES NOT REALLY KNOW WAT ACTUALLY WE ARE LOOKING FOR, WE DON'T KNOW WAT WE CAN ACTUALLY DO PERFECTLY WELL. WAT WERE U MADE FOR, WAT CAN U DO BEST. PUT UR BESTALSO IN IMPROVING NO MATTER HOW SLOW. BELEIVE ME, U'LL SEE THOSE RUN AWAY JOBS JUMBING INTO UR WAY. THANKS.
    I LUV U ALL. (FOOD FOR THOUGHT)
    To improve and apply existing procedure and create new ones with great commitment to employers success.

I just like ur position on this issue.

na you know. when all they want is not more than 28 in this naija,they should expect more than age falsification people now .................................................. ............... it just a pity cos it a sin
    yapayaski

this issue is a very sensitive one. its an individual matter, going by what is going one in the country today< I wouldn't blame any body for age falsification.

Our leaders also do not declare there real age in order to remain in service. or what would you say to that?

age falsification is not good but considering the situation in the country i would advice anyone to do whatever his or her mind tells him or her to do.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast