+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Topic: Age falsification and job seekers

Age falsification and job seekers

People,
    Pls lets discuss this issue at length and once and for all as it will still happen to someone else as it happened to me.Do u think it is rite to falsify your age for any reason esp when looking for jobs?Pls drop ur comments freely.

thanks

Re: Age falsification and job seekers

it aint fair what the system is doing: the strikes, delays in getting ad,ission, delays in going 4 youth service ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
    i dont subscribe to falsifying age for any reason however
    i think this issue has got 2 b a matter of personal convictions.

Hen....................... All this noise about age falsification......... I mean this is Nigeria where anything goes. The system is not good and there is no proper documentation about the people living in Nigeria. To make thing worse, due process is thrown to the dogs. And there you have an educational system that has been bastardized with strikes,lack of qualified manpower,no books, research materials,funds for fixing,maintaining and working on the educational sector, what more a system where the leaders do not care what happen to the next generation of youths that are coming up in the system.
    So if the delays in National Youth Service,Graduating,Entering the University/Polytechnic,Writing WAEC/NECO etc and with low productive ration with regards to education.............. you can imagine how the system has turned The Nigerian youths from being good to being bad. Though,it is bad............ but when you look at the leadership and those that are supposed to be role models for this kids, you will find of that they themselves are involved in it. The system need to be cleaned and the records set straight and other ways must be provided for graduates to get employed, if we are to have a system where people do not falsify their age.
    Shoot for the moon and if you miss,a least you'll be among the stars.

maleck, u r right. i suggest we eliminate all the political crminals, besides, farida waziri is not good 4 that job. she is 1 of them. we better look 4 a youth that has not stolen b4 2 do that job, and i an do that job (efcc) without asking 4 salary. i will probe all from 1960, even posthumously so that we can v role models 4 our youths. tell them that age is a number, what matters is what u v upstairs.

Dadal,
    Thank you very much for bringing up this topic at this critical time. I just wish those employer of labour will listen to these various comment bof the Nigerian Youth.

FOLLOW UR MIND AND GET UR DREAM JOB. HO HA. NO BODY IS RIGHTEOUS IN THE COUNTRY.

CHICHIBEST, I FRANKLY AGREE WITH YOU.
    "IF THE HUNTER LEARNS TO SHOOT WITHOUT AIMING, THE BIRDS WILL LEARN HOW TO FLY WITHOUT PERCHING".
    LET THE END JUSTIFY THE MEANS.

The issue of Age falsificate in nigeria has started right from independence.if our so call leaders want us 2 falsify our ages in order 2 get a job ;knowing fully well that ones only means of survival depends on it, then so be it.but i think its not right.

guy, sorry for whatever things that happen to u. d whole system is corrupt already, there is a generally saying "if u can beat them you join them". If you mind tells u to falsified ur age, guy go ahead and do so oooo. Look at the whole problem that people av highlighted below concerning Nigeria problem. So If u wish to do that, please go ahead and do it.

God will meet us at every points of our needs, and we will get our dream job (Amen).

'Yinka

NOK

There's no excuse for age falsification.If the employers of labour say they want young blood, and all the applications they get are of people who use their right age, they'll get fed up and do the right thg by putting age aside. Let us remember that it's not how far, but how well that matters. That the system is bad is no excuse for us to keep going bad along with it. Besides, if you lie about your age, it'll surely catch up with u one way or another. Let us prove by our actions that we want thgs to be right in this nation.
    There is a time for everythg & a season for every activity under heaven.

It's all unfortunate. falsifying age or no falsifying, it all started from the top. Bank manager that will say age limit 26, 27, 28 how old were them when they were employed. They should change it if not tis is just the beginning of it.

What would anybody in this useless country do if there is no job that will provide food on the table for him. The recruiting companies are not making matters better either, with their ridiculous age bracket and grade criteria. Only God will save us in this country of ours. Good luck House

sorry guys, but those of u saying that people should not falsify their age, i guess u are saying it based on the circumstance surrounding u and not that surrounding the people who are faced with the age problem.
    life in nigeria is very very tough. to say that one should stay jobless because of age and suffer is not fair. falsifying ur age does not make u a sinner or bad person. the bankers who give age limit already know the situation in the country, they know that most people who apply with low age falsyfied it. the age thing is just a standard which is just theory and cannot be practical.
    the bankers just feel comfortable with the knowlege that their workers are young, they dont mind if it is true or not. i believe these bank managers are intelligent enof to know that age is nothing but a number, they even know very well that most older youths are more knowledgeble and experienced that their younger counterparts.
    please my advice to u all who have the problem is to just reduce ur age for ur sake and for ur country's sake.
    u will not be fair and just to ur country, ur kids, those who need u and even ur self if because of age refuse to give the best of that unique thing u have in u. reducing ur age does not change ur real age, every body knows, so please allow the country to feel what u have for us, let age not hinder u. cheers.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast