+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Topic: 9 out of 10 Nigerian graduates unemployed - W/Bank study

Re: 9 out of 10 Nigerian graduates unemployed - W/Bank study

Quote Originally Posted by sawa3
    I dnt believe their no job, the questions is ar those graduates really qualified to work
    Are telling us that you are not qualified that why you are where you are?CHAMS Requested for graduates with second class upper and roughly 10,000 graduates were present and I gathered that they are not going to employ more than 200,does that make the other people 'OLODO' anyway u have right 2 ur own opinion but stop hurting others with ur opinion.

I think something drastic has to be done to salvage the situation,the govt has to do something,jobs should be created not only by the govt but also private organisations.you cant just say look inwards to create jobs yourself if there is none,but how do one create jobs with no capital?the bank not ready to give loan cos u dont have collateral?The graduates association tobbycool is suggesting,i think the govt will still pay deaf ears to our plight. Na prayers and faith we need ooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is an iota of trut in wat sawa is sayin.most graduate has d capability of been employd but,d trut is dat no good result to back it up.imagine someone wit an ordinary pass.it wil take d grace of god to get a job.let ask god 4 favor everyday.

Sawa or what ever u call ur self u must be mad.d fact that u've got ur own job does not make u any better than us. Or could u confidently give us a brief of how u got ur own job?Cos i m very sure u must have followed d back door in getting ur own job.4 goodness sake what u should do now on ur part is to always thank God u've got something doing and not to say lousy things about us . We should all try 2 remember dat this is nigeria! And in nigeria anything happens.I personally have friends dat i was carrying along "academically" while we were at school.And most of them r now working..I know someone dat graduated with a pass in "biochemistry "and is presently working in 1 of d telecom companys in nigeria.Earning 250k monthly.And u know what?He got d job through d influence of his mum. If u feel "we" job searchers r too dull to pass a test,den i wld love us (u and i )to come together and set some questions 4 ourselves and c who comes out tops. DO U AGREE ?

@sawa
    Such comments make me ponder dat whether u r better than d numerous graduates still searchìng 4 a job. I dnt blame U, u r just lookìng 4 attentìon.
    ;-)B-)

Sawa is beign naive. Only God can help us in this country. We realy need prayers

My people, it is obvious that the so called unemployed are the people who struggled to get educated with the hope that things will be better after school, hoping that they will get a good job that will redeem all their hard times but alas the reverse seems to be the case,instead, things were getting worse. My fear is, if care is not taken, very soon a serious demonstration that could lead to lose of lives and properties might result the type we have read on papers and seen on the tvs might result because things cannot just continue like this. i pray God will help us
    if you are successful in life it is your fault and if you aren't it is your fault.

Why crucify Sawa? Sawa made his comment based on his perception of the situation. The real issue is that there are jobs but the jobs are GROSSLY inadequate for our TEEMING population. Only d best of d bests or d most connected of the connected gets it. The hard truth is that u just need 2 belong 2 one group or u go look for SME 2 start up.

@chinwa4christ|rooneyboy!

Please don't get Sawa3 wrong. I think what He/She meant was that some of the graduates we have today are not worth being called graduates. Imagine graduates who had to "RUNS" their way through school. These are the same set of gradutes who aspire to get the jobs that the real qualified graduates should get.

Am sure most of us have read some funny "grammer" on this forum supposedly posted by "graduates". That is an example of the point I think Sawa3 is trying to make.

I disagree with Sawa3 that Nigerian graduates are unemployable simply because the number of EMPLOYABLE graduates far outnumber the UNEMPLOYABLE ones.

@Sawa3

Try and be more Diplomatic and Objective in your claims always!
    No One Will Know You Are Honest Unless You Give Out Samples!

My fellow youths,
    No matter what the past has done,no matter what the present is saying, your tomorrow will be better.The world bank statistic might have confirmed unemployment,the global meltdown might have caused serious economic degradation,confusion and lost of Jobs:Fellow nigerian youths, just know that above all these chaos, you will laugh last.
    Their is great future for every graduate and non graduate in this country.Their is wonderful future for he that can write, their is hope for she that can not write.Fellow youths, none of you will be put into shame.Indeed, things might appear very difficult now but just as the rain refreshes the earth after long dry season, your time of refreshness is at hand.The Lord your God will make a way where their seems to be no way.He will bless every of your effort to success,and turn every ridicule to testimonies.
    Peace be with you all.

One luv

Jibowu
    I can do all things through christ who strengthens me

IT IS QUITE UNFORTUNATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    but we all should believe in GOD and try searching; at least 70% of nigerian graduates are good but only few of them get the jobs, while the remaining 30% get theirs through connections
    obama said yes we can

What a Statisitcs!!!!!

And we say we have a government.
    I am a slow walker but I never walk backwards.

I am not surprised at all. This is a wake up call on our universities/polytechnics/colleges of education to include ENTERPRENEURSHIP as a core course of study. There is need for people to be self-reliant.

If you need information on how you can start printing recharge card vouchers in Nigeria, i can forward same to your mail. It is genuine and legal. Lets talk at [email protected]

+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast