+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: ASSOCIATION OF UNEMPLOYED NIGERIAN GRADUATES

ASSOCIATION OF UNEMPLOYED NIGERIAN GRADUATES

WE ARE SETTING UP AN ASSOCIATION OF UNEMPLOYED NIGERIAN GRADUATES (AUNG). I BELIEVE THAT WILL GO A LONG WAY TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE OF HIGH UNEMPLOYMENT RATE IN OUR DEAR COUNTRY. I HEREBY SEEK YOUR OPINIONS AND CONTRIBUTIONS TOWARDS MAKING THIS A SUCCESS. WE PRESENTLY HAVE PLANS TO START IN ABUJA. WE ARE BELIEVING THAT BEFORE SEPTEMBER 2009 WE WILL HAVE BRANCHES IN LAGOS AND PORTHARCOURT AND GRADUALLY SPREAD ALL OVER NIGERIA. FOR DETAILED SUGGESTION, YOU CAN REACH US THROUGH: [email protected] OTHERWISE LETS HEAR YOU HERE. THANKS.

Re: ASSOCIATION OF UNEMPLOYED NIGERIAN GRADUATES

Nice idea ,but what is this association's ideology and how do you intend to achieve them.

@benjye Well am not in support of it. A member of NUPENG most be a worker in the banking industry,a member PMAN must be a musician. Logically a member of the named association must be unemployed. Now my question is if u happen to be the leader and later get employed,whats going to happen to the body? Another question is who is assumed to be a member? bcos u used the word "unemployed". Am a job-seeker is different from i am unemployed cos i may be working and intends to get another job. Please give ur response to that here. -ODELI FELIX,08069471437.
    T

NUMBER ONE :WHEN A LEADER OF SUCH GROUP GETS EMPLOYED, ANOTHER FINANCIAL AND DEDICATED MEMBER WILL BE SWORN IN AND WE WILL THANK GOD FOR THE OUTGONE LEADER
    NUMBER TWO: IF YOU ARE A JOB SEEKER, THEN THERE IS NO NEED FOR U TO BECOME A MEMBER SINCE YOU ARE NOT "JOBLESS". IT IS MEANT FOR THE JOBLESS ONES.

I HOPE THIS ASSOCIATION WILL NOT BE THE ONE THAT WILL COLLECT BITING DUES FROM ITS MEMBERS COS IF IT IS SORRY I GET WORK

THANKS ANYWAY ITS A SMART ONE, HOPE IT ACHIEVES ITS PURPOSE
    Man propose and God dispose, thank God, God no be man cos i for don kpeme oh!

Is the said association going to be under the NLC,TUC? Another question is how does it intends to achieve its aims? cos i know that if something isnt right,the NLC picks it and embarks on strikes. How does strike and protest of this said "association" affect anybody/company/Employer? cos at the first place,it doesnt contribute anything to anybody/Company/Employer. I also need ur reaction on this.
    T

Have you registered it yet?If not please don't. You can instead have something like a NGO whose aim will be to check the rate of unemployment, provide solution,assist graduates in realising their potential,give information about job openings as we do here,mount pressure on the government of the day through the press etc.I am not a party to the association of the unemployed for what characterise such an organisation are anger,revenge,bitterness,aggression which could lead to protest, disorderliness,public disturbances,chaos,mayhem and massacre for an hungry man is an angry man.

@benjye, u said d association "ll go a long way to address the issue of high rate of unemployment in d country, PLS "EXPLAIN HOW IS THIS GOING TO BE DONE AND THRU WHAT PROCESS? " cos only the name will discourage pple from joining as none is willing to be unemployed.

I think the young man is tryin to get himself established,atleast he is makin an effort to have a firm of the unemployed,i will advice u to go into research on unemployment rate and ways to tackle it if u r lucky one of the big companies might arrange a talk seminar for you and from there u can now address the issue of unemployment.That is the only way u can help 'URSELF'.

My Friend this is not a good idea,and for ones i don`t expect any graduate of a reputable institution to indilge himself/herself in such a self interest organization who are just looking for me to make a selfless name and get favour...My friend for u to get job go and get ur Masters Degree and get doing with something better...

Bros, the association will need a purse with which it is run. money must be needed for stationaries and other logistics especially when convening general meetings. who then will finance the purse? remember that all members of the union are unemployed. whoever is in support of this kind of union is, as it were, proud to be unemployed and has made up his mind to remain unemployed. Refuse to be iddle, bro. its iddleness that made u think of this kind of thing. let us not only be crazy about bank and oil jobs. there are other thing u can start doing. This one luv forum is enough for exchange of ideas and info about job search. There is no need for association of unemployed graduates. u could rather set up an NGO aimed at providing solutions to unemployment and giving stipends to nigerian graduates without jobs/ job losers at least for their transport till another job is found. with this, u might gain both national and international government support. by so doing, u too would have employed yourself and few others. Think of something meaningful. u can start it in Abuja but here in PH dont bring any branch of such union because the only requiremnt for registration as a member is LAZINESS.
    trusting God doesnt make mountains smaller, rather it makes climbing easier

Quote Originally Posted by Onigbogi Tosin
    Have you registered it yet?If not please don't. You can instead have something like a NGO whose aim will be to check the rate of unemployment, provide solution,assist graduates in realising their potential,give information about job openings as we do here,mount pressure on the government of the day through the press etc.I am not a party to the association of the unemployed for what characterise such an organisation are anger,revenge,bitterness,aggression which could lead to protest, disorderliness,public disturbances,chaos,mayhem and massacre for an hungry man is an angry man.
    True Talk!!!
    No One Will Know You Are Honest Unless You Give Out Samples!

it makes absolutely no sense.everybody that joins will be so pathetic
    u ppl should not just try it abeg!!

Of what benefit is it to the unemployed? Would jobs be made available there?? Imagine on your way for a meeting then u meet a friend or relative who asks u where u are up to, and ur reply a meeting. what meeting? Association of unemployed graduates of Nigeria. What a pity!!! its just like you've kind of given up hope on getting a job and chosen to stay unemployed. Im absolutely not in support.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast