+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: 9 out of 10 Nigerian graduates unemployed - W/Bank study

dvt

9 out of 10 Nigerian graduates unemployed - W/Bank study

9 out of 10 Nigerian graduates unemployed - W/Bank study
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [img width=100 height=100]http://www.southfleetmotorinn.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/graduation1.jpg[/img][img width=200 height=100]http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Education/Pix/pictures/2008/05/12/graduates460x276.jpg[/img]

A World Bank study shows that one out of every five adults in Nigeria is unemployed and one out of every 10 university graduates gets a job.

It’s not uncommon to see young people in Nigeria out on the street, looking for job, even some even go to newspaper stand to search for job through vacancies placed in the newspapers.

A lawyer, Babatunde Awe, said government must do something to create more jobs, adding that it was unthinkable for a government to exist without arrangement being put in place for the youth to be employed.”

Sunny Imasuen, a self-employed worker, said corruption in the government had been a reason for unemployment in the country. “If you listen to billions of naira that we hear politicians syphon everyday, you will see that if they actually care for the electorate, all these funds should have been utilised properly,” he said.

But some Nigerians said there were no jobs in the country. That’s the case with unemployed hotel worker, Polinus Agu. ‘’There is no work. I’m even on my way to look for job now,” Agu said. Yet others still manage to find a job.

Felix Ebota started his own business, saying ‘’I worked with the local government. But they found it difficult to pay salaries ... they don’t pay till after two or three months sometimes.

“You need to feed your family and other people that rely on you. So I went into catering … and today, I have my organisation and 22 staff that work for me,” he said.

Some business owners said they would have loved to hire more workers, but the power supply made that difficult.

Naijahotjobs.com

Re: 9 out of 10 Nigerian graduates unemployed - W/Bank study

Okelue alex,a grahic designer."i believe we have not seen anything yet,naija will soon experience 10:10 unemployment.people now employ based on who u know not wot u know.ur 1st class degree to most emplyers nowadays is by the way.WHO DO u know makes u get the job.the government is alredy down wit a terminal plague.selfish human beings in power.my advise to unemployed pipl is that,u have a gift(there is no one without a gift) so tap into u talent,put ur all into it and by God's grace it will work for u."

It's unfortunate dis kind of tin is hapening 2 a country wit abundant human, natural and climatic resources-except in d north.man it's so hot hia in d north.we all have 2 believe so dat we can defeat.

no wonder graduates are being paid 25k as take home pay. no wonder graduates are displacing drop outs to get cleaner, messengers, clerks etc. no wonder you see a lot of our graduates on the streets daily trying to get any job. my advice? look inward and make money.
    KUTON YOMI

The naija unemployment thing is really amazing with all d resources,we just need 2 pray 4 OLUWA 2 redeem our dear naija from dis mess

There is real poverty in the land which ironically is flowing with milk and honey. Even the employed is not safe anymore 'cos companies are threatening to relocate to neighbouring west african countries due to government failing to provide basic infracstructures such as good roads, potable water, electricity and good medical centres. They can take our money abroad, build mansions, ride on robots as cars and even travel abroad to treat cartarrh while the masses are dying of hunger. Until we begin to think of what we can do for ourselves rather than what these people can do for us, i'm afraid we'll remain stagnant. Let us make use of our God-given talents to survive. Nigeria has a great future and the future is in you.
    Unbelievable! I see birds in the ocean and fishes flying.

I dnt believe their no job, the questions is ar those graduates really qualified to work

MAY GOD HELP US ALL
    JEHOVAH JIREH IS GOOD TO ME

The unemployment issue is really getting out of hand and the people in power is playing "se don look" tactics with it. Obama that African leaders look up as their own never sleep because of just 7% unemployment in US.

Nigga is fast going down the bottom pit. my advice for graduate is to keep thinking of what they can do to be free of the crowded labour market despite little or no encouragement from Government.

At the same time, the employed should keeping watch thier back as the army of unemployed grow geometrically in lenght andf breath.

May God Save,

@ Sawa are u by anyway implying that there are sufficient jobs but unqualified graduates or wht? so u mean dat all the unemployed graduates are so dull dat's why dey are unemployed?

Sawa3 u'r a disgrace 2 this community i'm quite disappionted in you 4 making such a statement. Don't think because u have a job u can open ur mouth and insult Nigeria graduates by saying we'r not qualify 2 work. It may intrest u 2 know that no condition is permanent, we don't have job today tommorow some of us will still be better than u. So i would appreciate if u appologise to this house or 4get about us we don't think we need people like u please. ONE HOUSE, ONE HOPE, ONE LOVE!!!.

sawa dont say things like this it really hurts .
    There is no Nigerian GRaduate that is not employable
    and by the way sawa if you are really working? are you working based on the course you studied in the university?.I believe any body can fit in any where just with a little training.
    I still believe there are jobs but i feel 90% of employment is due to information from somebody internal.
    God help us alll

i think we need to start graduates association! you know, may be that will help.
    born to bond the world

+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast