+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree2Likes

Topic: Where is Nigeria heading towards?

Re: Where is Nigeria heading towards?

Quote Originally Posted by obinna_julius View Post
    Good morning,

A very long post you had there...yet it is fully laced with ignorance and hearsay. I ask yet again, does this deserve a reply? I find myself giving you to dilute the tension you intend to create by making statements that hold no ground against the facts.

SON is fully registered with t he ISO.
    Akin to ANSI of the USA, SON is registered with the ISO as a member body.
    A member body of ISO is the national body "most representative of standardization in its country". Only one such body for each country is accepted for membership of ISO. Member bodies are entitled to participate and exercise full voting rights on any technical committee and policy committee of ISO.
    For more information, visit:ISO - ISO members - Nigeria (SON)

I had my 1st degree in a Nigerian university, and yes, our system is barely comparable with what you got in developed economies. But that's no limit for what one can achieve in life. Our graduates continue to prove that to whom less is given more is obtainable. That's the Nigerian spirit, much like the American dream-wherein the only limit that man has is that of failing to think and act beyond one's current circumstances.

Many times we allow frustration to overcloud our ability to excel in seemingly impossible facets of human endeavour. Following the pattern of Diogenes, the Cynic, we have converted ourselves to a mentality that sees no good in our system. If you ever get to understand the true nature of a political system based on CAPITALISM you will agree that these imbalances are barely inseparable from the whole.

"The secret of economic burst in China" is not education...read 'not education'. China runs a communist system. Facing political isolation in the 70's it took radical steps to amend the Marxist ideology. The major drivers of China's development are infrastructure development (which we are doing...yes slowly) and enticement of foreign investment (mostly from Capitalist countries). Core to this development was the establishment of FTZs. If you appreciate what FTZs mean then you know why they are a hard sell in Nigeria.

You prefer to pick issues with a government that you voted in, maybe you even campaigned on its mandate. And you voted in a Govt. solely because of Power issues? Do you really lack a political ideology? This makes your cause more destructive and exposes your selfishness and lack of patriotism.

Between 1999 and today, have you ever had reason to approach and table your concerns to your ward councillor, state legislative rep, federal representative or your senator. Of course you will say they are inaccessible. But what effort have you made? Can you upload a scanned copy of a signed letter you have written to any of these reps voicing your opinion on pressing National issues? I desire to see such. I work with colleagues who spend at least 1 hour of their working day complaining about the way the government is being managed. And yet their work attitude give them a perfect spot on Adolf Hitler's defunct cabinet.

And so my friend, we share your plight on the issues affecting Nigeria. If you had a godfather who would give you a recommendation to get the job you so desire this morning, you will lay this protest to rest forever and tell others to leave everything to God.

Ultimately, your fate lies in your hands and the will you possess and apply.

A protest, for the reasons you cited, will only do more harm to countless other Nigerian youths who are desirous of change by taking the initiative.
    Quote Originally Posted by obinna_julius View Post
    Good morning,

A very long post you had there...yet it is fully laced with ignorance and hearsay. I ask yet again, does this deserve a reply? I find myself giving you to dilute the tension you intend to create by making statements that hold no ground against the facts.

SON is fully registered with t he ISO.
    Akin to ANSI of the USA, SON is registered with the ISO as a member body.
    A member body of ISO is the national body "most representative of standardization in its country". Only one such body for each country is accepted for membership of ISO. Member bodies are entitled to participate and exercise full voting rights on any technical committee and policy committee of ISO.
    For more information, visit:ISO - ISO members - Nigeria (SON)

I had my 1st degree in a Nigerian university, and yes, our system is barely comparable with what you got in developed economies. But that's no limit for what one can achieve in life. Our graduates continue to prove that to whom less is given more is obtainable. That's the Nigerian spirit, much like the American dream-wherein the only limit that man has is that of failing to think and act beyond one's current circumstances.

Many times we allow frustration to overcloud our ability to excel in seemingly impossible facets of human endeavour. Following the pattern of Diogenes, the Cynic, we have converted ourselves to a mentality that sees no good in our system. If you ever get to understand the true nature of a political system based on CAPITALISM you will agree that these imbalances are barely inseparable from the whole.

"The secret of economic burst in China" is not education...read 'not education'. China runs a communist system. Facing political isolation in the 70's it took radical steps to amend the Marxist ideology. The major drivers of China's development are infrastructure development (which we are doing...yes slowly) and enticement of foreign investment (mostly from Capitalist countries). Core to this development was the establishment of FTZs. If you appreciate what FTZs mean then you know why they are a hard sell in Nigeria.

You prefer to pick issues with a government that you voted in, maybe you even campaigned on its mandate. And you voted in a Govt. solely because of Power issues? Do you really lack a political ideology? This makes your cause more destructive and exposes your selfishness and lack of patriotism.

Between 1999 and today, have you ever had reason to approach and table your concerns to your ward councillor, state legislative rep, federal representative or your senator. Of course you will say they are inaccessible. But what effort have you made? Can you upload a scanned copy of a signed letter you have written to any of these reps voicing your opinion on pressing National issues? I desire to see such. I work with colleagues who spend at least 1 hour of their working day complaining about the way the government is being managed. And yet their work attitude give them a perfect spot on Adolf Hitler's defunct cabinet.

And so my friend, we share your plight on the issues affecting Nigeria. If you had a godfather who would give you a recommendation to get the job you so desire this morning, you will lay this protest to rest forever and tell others to leave everything to God.

Ultimately, your fate lies in your hands and the will you possess and apply.

A protest, for the reasons you cited, will only do more harm to countless other Nigerian youths who are desirous of change by taking the initiative.
    There you go again twisting and turning around the whole issue as if they are weapons purposely aimed at destroying the economy of this country, that is if there is anything left to destroy. Listen this your psychic methodology will not work. In fact i am beginning to believe like Iyke that you are one of the government agents sent here to thwart the effort of this noble gesture.

How could wanting something better in our country for our youths and children cause harm. Why don't you and the people that sent you give up and accept what is about to come, why have people like you sworn never to allow something good come into this country?

So after going through this post you still concludes that they are laced with ignorance and hearsay. Please i want you to go back to my post and provide answers to other questions i asked.
    If you don't know the answers i will help you to answer them. Much as i would appreciate the correction on that SON issue (sorry guys, my sincere apology) it doesn't mean my observation are on hearsay because i know as of early last year SON is yet to be a full member of ISO and it took complains and petition of this nature from concerned Nigerians and people like me to force them open up their system for ISO to audit and certify them. So you see we're working not just complaining. And i pray other agencies will learn from SON.

How could you say that economic burst in China is not as a result of education (training/Human development). Let me pick from your quotes 'it took radical steps to amend the Marxist ideology'. How? please explain. 'and enticement of foreign investment' how did they come about this?. Finally FTZs which is part of the information they acquired as a result of training(education). Let me also inform you before this Fitzs, your brothers don dey go china go the import goods which helps to increase their earnings. Chinese economy is based on technical know how which is as a result of human development, market strategy that attracted Foreign investors which is also a result of information acquired through learning. Ofcourse for these two processes to function properly enabling environment as in infrastructure must be there. Don't ever take away education. Education is not only going to school to obtain certificate, training is a solid part of education and that is one of the areas we're lacking.

"You prefer to pick issues with a government that you voted in, maybe you even campaigned on its mandate. And you voted in a Govt. solely because of Power issues? Do you really lack a political ideology? This makes your cause more destructive and exposes your selfishness and lack of patriotism."

Another outburst of your destructive mechanisms, please don't utilise the spirit of i must win this argument to air your views, rather let it be relevant contribution. Secondly, try to read meaning into what i posted and not selectively differentiate them for your devious means. I said one of the reasons why i voted Goodluck is because of power and not solely and i did mention other areas which i know you're aware of or have ignored (and you judge me of being ignorance). Please my people is it bad to vote for somone who promised to give you power through another process since the current method is not working?

Yes, you accuse me of not making any effort, oh sorry, you want to know the efforts on my own part to salvage the situation. Thank you for understanding that i no easy to see some of this Ogas. One day i tried to reach out to one of the community managers in PHCN concerning the issue of our transformer wey don spoil for 2months through writing, believe me we still dey wait for reply till today (approach political office holders indeed !).

Number one is right here at this very blog, if you're not stupid enough you would have understood that this is one of the strategy utilized to reach out to those in power on our plight. Actually i like your type because the more you try to demoralise us with your questions the more we come up with problems issues that require urgent attention. Secondly, do you even know the pressure that led to that N50 billion set aside to tackle unemployment in this country. Visit president Goodluck Jonathan facebook page and see complains laid by people and his responses to some of them. Finally, we are making another plan, 'protest'

Now to the issue of godfathers offering me appointment and whether I'll still go on with the protest. Wow ! quite tempting, this is actually becoming the order of the day in this forum and is one of the canker worms eating deep in our system. At times i use to be proud of my heritage in the midst of other tribes, but when it comes to deficiencies, terrible actions perpetuated by them. Honestly, i feel ashamed of myself, some people have used because of positions of their tribe in this country refused to expose or deny their identity. If this is happening here in this country how would it be when you travel ouside the shores of this country. So i ask you my brother don't you want things to change in this country. Since you're head bent on castigating every bit of this movement, what have you on your own part as a patriot done to salvage the situation. Well, Thank God they didn't offer me any appoinment before now, i might have been lost like them, but if they did offer me, depending on the condition oo, as a good citizen i will show them how to run office and not abuse it. However, i'm done with job hunting. i'm edging towards enterpreneural motives which requires a lot of support, that has been my goal in life.

Mr Obinna, i want you do us a favour, instead of wasting time trying to thwart the aim of this thread why don't you take this our complains to whomever is in charge of implementing them and if he comes out and declare his motives towards achieving them with objective evidence, matching his words with action, then i promise you,you'll never see me raise any issue or associate myself with anything called protest in this country. That's a promise.
    I

The protest is a good idea. Great revolutions have been started by such. However, we should tread with caution and first understand d peculiarities of our nation.

Jak

Fellow members, so suprise to know that people like obinna-j still exist and hold this opinion strong but i know he doesnt mean even a bit of what he is letting out of his mouth. Mortgaging the future of our unborn children with craftiness calling it wisdom and education.
    Obinna,what do u say about our refinaries and the positive impact of local content? who is even bewitching who within us? Ranking hi in crude oil deposit in the world but refining outside the boarder. I demand a little bit of helpful reasons from u my dear brother.
    If u kick against protest,wat do u stand for that can help us generally? Please do. I dont like sending publication,i would have convince even those who send u.

Been reading some posts and can't stop laughing! So obvious someone is seeking relevance and of all places to get it, NHJ! Well....*now playing: 'keep quiet, when a foolish man is talking...'*

You are as confused as your purported agenda. I can imagine you as the type of person who joins issues with people at news-stands (early in the morning) to discuss national issues that you know little of.

Obviously, you have been able to convince yourself that your planned protest has been a failure right from the point of inception. Change will come to Nigeria, but you will play a more vital role as an observer rather than as an active participant in the struggle. Search your self and review your comments, you will agree with me that you are acting on the sour of the moment.

I will save you further embarrassment by cutting this reply short. And if you should respond in the same ignorant manner on this thread, then I will be convinced that you have lost your sense of self respect.

This is more of a cacophony.

You have barely made a rational statement. I don't just exist....I live.

This is more of a cacophony.

You have barely made a rational statement. I don't just exist....I live.

Quote Originally Posted by Jak View Post
    Fellow members, so suprise to know that people like obinna-j still exist and hold this opinion strong but i know he doesnt mean even a bit of what he is letting out of his mouth. Mortgaging the future of our unborn children with craftiness calling it wisdom and education.
    Obinna,what do u say about our refinaries and the positive impact of local content? who is even bewitching who within us? Ranking hi in crude oil deposit in the world but refining outside the boarder. I demand a little bit of helpful reasons from u my dear brother.
    If u kick against protest,wat do u stand for that can help us generally? Please do. I dont like sending publication,i would have convince even those who send u.

Obinna, I respect your opinions and you appear to me as someone who will always stand out in the crowd considering the manner in which you present your views. However, I would like you to take correction on an idiom you used: it is "on the spur of the moment" and not "on the scour of the moment". I'm sure that could not have been a typo. No pun intended.

Jak

Keep Obinna aside and face the trend of things,I know his kind,may be 1 of those SUG politicians who dine with both school authorities and students in the expense of both parties.
    I urge my pple,the protest is not bad at all if only we can be orderly and peaceful. i also know that gangs might use this opportunities to spoil our names by causing problem to say to our face,''Have u see what we were saying?'' Dear Obinna, thanks for your advise and i still retain that u are existing bcos if living,u would have known what we are saying.

Ok, NHJ, create a 'like' and 'hate' button as i really need to like and hate some comments right now. Better still, maybe a certain 'entrepreneur' on this thread can steal d idea and propose to d management of d site so that in d end, we can say we've seen something positive he's done. *tongue-in-cheek*

Yea, i got your message loud and clear, aside from my anger towards the government for refusing to fulfill their own part of responsibility this stupid industrial chemist after working for 3years and not able to satisfy other recruiters during interview/test decides to quit. Maybe, the amount, work conditions, my response to interview/test etc didn't go down well with me or them.

So,i decided to pursue my stupid dreams (entrepreneur). Well i decided to look for other stupid graduates like me (here in NHJ) to partner with me and open this crazy marketing firm whereby we take products from producers (suppliers) on credit direct to the consumers (area of scarcity). However, i tabled my idea before some jobless (unemployed stupid {maybe wise}) graduates like me. Their input which some might consider stupid or useless is quite encouraging to me.

Maybe i am in a wrong place but i am still working on the contribution made by this job hunters.
    I

Honestly, I understand what Emergency and other unemployed graduates are going through. I wish the protest would work cos Nigerians are really suffering. I am a graduate too and I have been employed for 5 years now. I got my 1st job d 3rd month after youth service however I know it has been the favour of Almighty Allah. More than 70% of graduates are not as lucky as I am. Please note that I still apply for jobs but selectively cos everybody wants to earn as much as possible. Just saying this so that someone won't come up and say that I'm supporting this bcos I'm a victim of unemployment.

I know why some are saying negative stuffs about this. It's simply because many of them are fortunate to have a job while others are from rich background. They need to realize that they are what they are now by His grace and it doesn't cost God anything to bring them down. We cannot all be lucky so the Government has a significant role to play to make life easy especially in a rich country like ours. Beleive me this country is rich enough to take good care of its citizens being the present 2nd largest oil exporter in the world. Mhen! people are suffering in the midst of plenty and I sometimes shed tears when I see my fellow countryman going through hell.

Please be careful with the use of words especially if u don't support this. I know u have a right to express yourself but please be humble cos God is watching. Don't incur His wrath cos He dislikes people that don't feel the poor's pain.

Emergency, please drop dis idea of going to give them CVs cos it won't work. It is better if the protest is all about asking the Government to come to the aid of graduates as about 4/5 are unemployed. Honestly, I wish and pray everything works according to your plan but I'm afraid it's gonna be difficult. Beleive me, millions of Nigerians wish this could take place but the problem is that many are unaware of this protest. Secondly, many are scared of been harassed/hurt/killed by security agents. Thirdly, many can't go through the pain/stress of coming out/going far to assembly points having the mindset that it would amount to time/effort wasting since nothing will come out of it. I know that this will bring positive result with international interference if the millions of people that would like to be part of it actually come out for it. How this can be achieve is the issue which I don't have an idea of. It's well!

Let's don't stop praying for the country cos there is nothing difficult for God.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234