+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Topic: Where is Nigeria heading towards?

Where is Nigeria heading towards?

My dear people, I don’t know how long this rubbish will last in this country, but I just see it that we are the ones holding ourselves in this country. The earlier we react, the better for each and every one of us, we are just folding our hands and watching this evil people gulping with our resources and they still say that we are the future of tomorrow. Look at what is happening in other countries, like London (where the death of one person has caused so much for them), but this country is silently killing millions of youths and nobody wants to react. In this country, they do not value us youths, if they do, they would have not been doing what they are doing. My brothers and sisters please let us sit up and react to this rate of unemployment in this country.
    When I listened to the current probing going on as regards the recent privatization, I just feel our leaders have killed this country, in which OBJ directly killed this country.
    1) The sale of ALSCON that cost $3.2 billion to build at the rate of $130 million, The sale of Delta Steel Company that cost over $20 billion at the rate of $30 million etc. including the dash away of Eleme Petrochemicals and Nicon Insurance.

2) How will a country that produces about 2.5 million barrels of crude oil per day, be planning of importing refined products from Niger republic, that have never exported crude before, causing a high rate of unemployment in this country and we are folding our hands and watching. To me there is nothing going on in this country for now, if Nigeria can decide to be importing refined crude from Niger, I don’t know how to classify this crazy idea.

In Nigeria the only thing we do not import is water, just because it falls as rain, we import virtually everything, including the crude oil that enable other countries deceive us that we are the giant of Africa (while they laugh at us secretly). This has gotten out of hand

I know say nobody wan die, but we youths have to do something; this thing is directly affecting us. You can never see the son of OBJ, David Mark, Ekwerenmadu, Sambo, etc. coming to this site all in the name of job. Everything I just see they say in this country is just empty promises and the media will just carry it as if they are doing something and giving us empty hopes. If we don’t react then we will have ourselves to blame, cos no youth from another country is coming here to fight for us, but it is only us.
    In this country, if a group do not react, they take them for granted. E.g Niger Delta Militant and now Boko Haram. I am not saying we should do anything funny like bombing but what I am suggesting is that we should match to our respective state house of assemblies and those in Abj should carry our credentials (photocopies) in our hands and match to national assembly and tell them that we are tired of them and let them do something to us, that we are not going to leave there until something is being done. We are dying in silence but nobody knows. Let us act now or never. Let us carry out this action cos to them we are not serious and we are happy. Tighten your seat belts, cos the lots of looting and high rate of corruption in this country have gotten out of hand. It is affecting the masses, especially the youths that presently constitute nuisance. If an armed robber steals, it is as if he or she has committed a great crime, the person will be shown on TV as if he is the worst criminal, but what these people are doing to us is worst than criminality, in fact I don’t know how to classify this rate of corruption and evil. What they say is that Nigerian graduate are not competent, so why do they send their children abroad for studies and when they are through, they come back and occupy the few positions in this country, suffering the ordinary youths.
    In Abuja we see people buying houses of about 300 million naira, buying estates in Dubai, London , US, even South Africa, where some people do not have 100 naira to eat. Did God create us differently? I don tire, I don’t know about others. Let us join our hands and TRANSFORM this rubbish going on in this country in our own way.

Re: Where is Nigeria heading towards?

It's Only a coordinated approach that can yield results, a lot said thus far, not just you but so many other NHJobbers but who is ready to lead 9ja uts? Egypt got the ball rolling via social network sites, they stayed ahead of the police via social network sites, one of us opended a fbk group...as I speak it is as good as visionless and purposeless.
    It's not abt talk, we've heard a lot, said a lot more, and even gone ahead to argue much more than is required, the question is can we sincerely without prejudice, sentiments and bias come up with a vision, mission, goals and objectives for this struggle, such that will stand the test of the Nigerian factor, and take it a step further to put in place checks to ensure we are not sidetracked and derailed from them.
    We rally support, network, leverage on each others strengths...then and only then do I see us making a headway, till then I'll keep asking; "who'll bell the cat?"

Haven't you heard?

we are waiting for October for the great million match, we only want to allow the new elected to settle down and start executing their so called plans. If not satisfied then we strike
    I

Guy i feel you die, however we youth must develop a great hatred for the Nigerian factor that has placed us in this mess eg denouncing merit & calling favouritism God's blessing (see where it's kept us) lest we offer the shit we are eating to our children when we get there (cause we will one way or the other). Don't forget the taste of the shit we are eating now when you get there as our leaders have.
    Triple-C likes this.

my frnds here,i feel una die,dis was not the lyf i actually saw ahead b4 going to school,ystday i just bursted in2 tears wen ma employed nebor came home and insulted me cos i wasnt around when the officials of PHCN came to disconnect our lyt na wetin unemployment dey cause,lets just be optimistic 4 the march ,it looks propitious...am in lagos we pin die,we aint going 2 be violent but they wud feel our pain

Brothers,its a CURSE! Our founding fathers sold d nigerian heritage to the devil. We aint wrestling against flesh and blood here.....
    E

Guys una don dey yarn watin man wan hear. Their is dis popula sayin nothin gud cums easy. Even dos politician out there makin lyf unbearable 4 us did not get their by chance. Majority of dem fought real hard wit almost all d weapons in their arsenal such as money , conections n oda means necesary to get wat they wanted. Since we hav displayed a waiting attitud as patriotic and law abiding citizens, and it's not working 4 us. Y not try oda means mayb dey wil undastnd us. I dont even think dat this people ar goin 2 listen 2 us if we emback on a peaceful demonstration. I said dis bcos even d workers who are working out wat dey are looting ar been undapaid and finding it difficult 2 implement d new minimum wage. D language dey undartand very fast is violence. But lets adopt peaceful demonstration as d first means 2 send our mesage acros. ENOF IS ENOF.
    gzl likes this.

It's sad that alot of our young people are too timid to take action, also once a few notes is dangled before them they lose every sense of decency. A youth corp member boasted on the internet that he made N1 million during the last election in one of the SS states as electoral officer. How do you expect things to get better especially for the young people when they are being used to destroy this country?

Naija youths have the fuel in them to start one of the most remarkable movement in history. Historians have their pen waiting for us to set d ball point rollin', all they need is someone who can lead them and direct their rage towards achieving success. Bt we have to be stronger than bribe and the intimidatn wen it comes callin' otherwise we might be ambushed by these greedy 'old vultures' politians dat wanna die milkin' this country in power.

I feel u poster, the way to go about it is via media by this I mean both international and local media, while d bulk of us would be out demonstrating all day non-stop, others would be doing the underground work of contacting all the media and press men around the Globe! Let the world focus on our nation and the happenings, let our so called 'leaders' be put to shame and brought to their knees. Remember we are not only fighting for ourselves but also for our children and the unborn generation. I am in full support of this. I will fight for the redemption of OUR LAND

Guys we need to stand for what we beleive. I can't imagine Jonathan saying he's fighting for the masses and went ahaed to enter into agreement with Niger Republic.
    Well, we are all learned and we all know what's behind this shit, some powerful people derive much money from importing refined products into the country.
    We need to ask Jona what is wrong with our refineries? Why can't we put them in a good shape?
    Guys you can imagine youths that will get employment if these refineries are in a good shape.
    I don't care if it involves violence, 'cos when dialogue fails that will be the best thing to do.
    Their children are abroad schooling, when they finish they come home to get good jobs and we are all here fighting to survive.
    Guys let us stand for what we beleive!
    God will judge!

...Haven't felt this way before. I keep loosing self confidence as the day goes by.It's sad...2.1 or 1st Class is no longer the prerequisite...Someone please fill me in on the day, venue and time PLEASE

Let us get a plan first. The set date is actually 24th of October (no going back). The problem is the venue cos most of us stay in various states. We are not forming a group, neither do we need a leader, it is just a protest and a warning to them thats all, cos they have to answer different questions as regards these actions. How can a country that says she is building 3 more refineries be talking about more sources of importation (these guys are secretly killing us and we are folding our hands). Those niggas have no plan 4 us and I think we have had it to the brim, it is time for action and ask them what bad we have done to them. If we protest, the media we definetely come, I think it is better we start planning, cos October is just two months from now. The fact is that d venue is a big problem or should we suggest everybody to his or her own state's house of assembly? I stay in Abj, I don't know what others are saying. Please we need more suggestion cos complaining is not the major issue now. Lets start planning on the way forward into this issue. I DON TIRE

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast