+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Topic: Ptdf scholars thread

Re: Ptdf scholars thread

i have been given a conditional offer fromNewcastle Uni. but actually pipeline eng'g is not my best choise.......and hav been waiting for Heriot Watt to respond but they keep telling m to give them 4-6 weeks ahhhhh am so compuse should i just keep trust on Hriot watt...and shun newcastle??

Pleas scholars....is there a way i can convience Heriot watt so that they can release my offer in due time......i was given a conditional offer frm Newcastle but i dont hav much interest in dat course and they demand to pay 1,500pound or i should send my evidience of sponsorship .....i prepared that of Heriot Watt University....and it seems lyk Hriot watt is taking much tym....WAT SHOULD I DO

^^^ Pray Heriot watt gives u the offer maybe before july end when PTDF induction might be and u could use that for ur application. The truth is that the onlie course update by PTDF is to enable them organise the scholars together. It isn't a do or die affair. By that I mean, no one will slaughter you if u decide to to chanhe to another school/course after filling another online! In fact PTDF always encourages better/more expensive schools. Goodluck engineboy05.

I think ptdf should carry us along.most of d skools are awaiting for contact from them to issue CAS and I don't knw what is keeping themm

I just got an email from Univ of Manchester. They are ready to issue me a CAS Number, but they said I have to pay 1000pounds deposit of my tuition fees first, or send them a copy of my official scholarship letter from PTDF.

Good day all am one of the scholar too, I applied for Msc Health Safety and Environment, I have gotten three conditional offer from three university, cranfield gave me msc in Health and the Environment, University of salford gave me Msc in health, safety and Environment and Birmingham university gave me Msc occupational Health, safety and environment. I would have prefer to go to cranfield but the problem is the msc health and the environment no safety, I need u peoples advice pls

@ Olumighty147, What I suggest you do is talk to anyone who has attended any of these Universities (I don't really know any of these schools) and try drawing up a Pros vs Cons list for each of them. Which one has better connection to Industry? Which has more comprehensive course modules? Which caters the best to your expectations?
    You could also get phone numbers for the course contact and ask your questions. They would be delighted to give you the school/course's unique selling points.

Nice one, but I would suggest from my little idea that you analyze all the modules offered by both schools and align them with what you have already studied in your undergraduate years, if it happened to be your course. Then go for the one that would give you new ideas and more info, but must be in agreement with what you have already studied. Then, finally check the uk uni sch ranking for 2012 and see their positions there.

I just got a mail from uni leeds after the shakara by imperial regarding an unconditional offer. Though Leeds does a combination of envtal engr and project mgt, but has lesser modules compared to some schools like Newcastle and Sheffield.

Please lets have more ideas on this as I’m very open to new info.

@alice, you have been very wonderful here, please keep up the good job.

Thanks guys

@spacyzuma, does dat means u've been given a conditional offer? I also applied 2 Manchester 4 MEAM, i received a mail ystady 4rm dem asking me 2 send my transcript to enable dem decide on my application. Am still yet 2 get my transcript 4rm my school.

The issue with ptdf is communication, there is no email u send issues to, the numbers to call are seldom available..and most schools need you to provide a letter of sponsorship from ptdf before unconditional offer can be granted.
    however, ptdf has been in the bizness for a while so, lets do our beat and leave the rest to them. by that i mean secure as many offers as possible..u neva can tell.

^^^ PTDF will rarely communicate with you. However, they will clear all ur doubts during the induction and will also offer all scholars the sponsorship letters but never before. The only problem you will face by securing unconditional admission/no CAS letter/no ATAS letter(if needed) is that you will not be able to apply for visa during the three-day induction. That means you will have to come back to abuja to do all these again. Its quite stressful!

@enobong... i support what you said. its a good thing to do. as many offers as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by WINDOWS7 View Post
    @spacyzuma, does dat means u've been given a conditional offer? I also applied 2 Manchester 4 MEAM, i received a mail ystady 4rm dem asking me 2 send my transcript to enable dem decide on my application. Am still yet 2 get my transcript 4rm my school.

I actually had unconditional admission to study Advanced Controls at Manchester last year, but couldn't go. During that application, I sent them a scanned copy of my transcript [not very official, but they accepted it]

After I got the ptdf scholarship, I simply emailed Manchester to defer my admission to this year because now, I had a scholarship. They did it within 2 days. . I've accepted the offer, and I've applied for accommodation too.

Just waiting for ptdf to issue official letter of scholarship to me so I can get a CAS number. Though I already have another CAS number from University of Leeds [elecrical power and renewable energy]

+ Reply
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast