+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Topic: Ptdf scholars thread

Exclamation Ptdf scholars thread

Hello Peeps,
    Let's post any issues we are having with admissions, applications, accommodation, etc for 2012/2013 Ptdf scholars. As for me, I am having an issue with Imperial:
    1. They insist on seeing my original WAEC certificate; I have refused to mail my originals to them as i consider that too damn risky! I already sent a scanned copy to them
    2. They also insist on a fee deposit (10% of fees) payable within 28 days: I have 20 days left to pay....
    3. i applied for accommodation and even that needs a 500 pounds deposit

Any one else applied to Imperial having these constraints? Any advice?

Re: Ptdf scholars thread

what course are u applying for? just contact wariso. dont send urcredentials. just scan it and send.

@aliceinwonderland if u hav applied to imperial,all u need do is to fill the form on the ptdf site and let Mr Wariso do the rest,i did that and he replied me telling me that imperial told him that 1 of my refs.was yet to reply.
    I also hav a quest.4 those that applied to imperial,is there anyway one can change his/her ref.after submitting an application and was any imperial applicant able to log into the student account section? A prompt response will b appreciated

Imperial gurus i hail una......me im heading to cranfield....my course requires ATAS clearance....im still @dat stage now....though ive applied for accomodation...nd ive also updated my status on ptdf's site.......my main problem now is dat d school has not sent my CAS number yet dats all...nd i hope ptdf has contacted the school too.

@ Sallymos, what course do you wanna do that you can't do at any other sterling universities like UCL, Bristol, Queen Marry, Bath, Duham, York? Except it is gas turbine course sha. Yes, Cranfield is a quality school but it will just seem you are still in naija o as you are only confined to village area. You won't find any social life. 98% of there students are guys and there are no undergraduate students. You will like it if you are the book man all the way. Just think about it

@ Yakmut, I applied for Pet Eng. Pls how do i contact d Wariso guy?

Yakmut, Yes i have logged into Imperial student account. Whats d issue? I tink u can change your referee. Check the website for a Phone number for the appropriate admissions team. Engineering is +442075947243. Explain your issue

@ sallymos, what course are you coming to study in cranfield.

Most guys come to cranfield to study subsea engr , process engr and thermal power.

@aliceinwonderland, thanks a million i just changed my ref.will call them ASAP, u dont need to mail Mr.Wariso if u fill the online form and submit, PTDF will take it from there, but did u have to call them to be able to access your student account section or u wer able to activate and login without any issues?
    I'm optimistic we'll all make it, by His Grace

I applied for offshore engineering.......funny enuf i am surprised hw alicein wonderland could apply for peteng u know...im surprised...cos those ptdf mails i recieved hve been so specific about applying for courses on their website or else u stand to forfeit your scholarship...alice chk dat list 2 be sure thres peteng on dat list cos i didnt see it myself else i would have done that myself...as regards cranfield being a lonely place men dats wat i heard too....i also placed my newcastle admission on their website so anyone thy work on would be thier palava....i am not spending money 2 get diz...its govt money let dem spend it.......

@Sallymos. Life isn't like that o. Don't be so indifferent about were you go to. Its one year bro. I really liked the way u were just happy when u got the scholarship. Newcastle offshore is not fully organised yet but u will like the environment. Cranfield offshore? A lot of their graduates are so full of complaints. The course work is rushed and finishes by December and their lecturers are very reserved with marks.

If I were you, I will sharply applied to Liverpool John Moores university. Marine and offshore Engineering(MSc). That is a double related qualification that can take u round the globe in maritime , logistics, structures and oil and gas platform. They have very professional and have been delivery this course since 1823. Give PTDF what you have. They really don't care as long is oil and gas related. In fact, the northern people may not have started applying at that and some may even go to electrical engineering. just wait for the induction and see. The choice is eventually yours to make. Success in ur endeavour

Yes phoneline ive heard different versions.....but Ljmu is definitely a first...besides ptdf iz already on my neck 2 update on their website and i only hve diz two cranfield nd newcastle.....another of my option iz heriot watt peteng wich i hve already nd hve also posted on their website....

+ Reply
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast