+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Topic: Ptdf scholars thread

Re: Ptdf scholars thread

@fahimself, what I can say about University of Surrey:

1. It's ranked among top 20 Unis in the UK.
    2. Really good for ECM: Electrical, Chemical & Mech Engineering courses
    3. Vibrant International community
    4. Surrey is close to London (I think abt 45 mins or so; some people who work in London actually stay in Surrey) so i believe living conditions (and of course cost) should be higher.
    5. Consequent from 3) above, more opportunities/ after school prospects.....(I'm not too sure abt this sha)

Is Surrey the only school you've applied to?

Work Smart and Expect Success....

Alice-in-wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by aliceinwonderland View Post
    @fahimself, what I can say about University of Surrey:

1. It's ranked among top 20 Unis in the UK.
    2. Really good for ECM: Electrical, Chemical & Mech Engineering courses
    3. Vibrant International community
    4. Surrey is close to London (I think abt 45 mins or so; some people who work in London actually stay in Surrey) so i believe living conditions (and of course cost) should be higher.
    5. Consequent from 3) above, more opportunities/ after school prospects.....(I'm not too sure abt this sha)

Is Surrey the only school you've applied to?
    Please, what about Sheffield? How is the school? I have gotten unconditional offer from them but yet to get my CAS NO. how do I proceed to get it? Your kind assistance will be appreciated

@Fahimself

You might want to compare the course modules from both schools. Find out which best suits your desired learning outcome. Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by aliceinwonderland View Post
    @ Windows7, Some issues should not be left to email communication for resolution. Call, Call, Call!
    Go to Manchester's website and find a telephone number for the appropriate admissions team and talk to someone there, ok?
    If the person can't assist, ask him/her to refer you to someone else.
    If need be, call the Course coordinator!
    If there's no help there as well, call their International office and inform them that you are a PTDF scholar...They know us...

Please let's know the outcome of the call(s). Be calm and rational; dont panic, alright?

Cheers.
    @aliceinwonderland, thanks for your advice. I actually called a contact line I saw on the website at the postgraduate section of the faculty that offers the course this morning. The lady on the line told me the coordinator was on leave, and would be resuming 25th (i.e next monday). She said i shouldn't worry about the deadline, that d coordinator would continue my admission process ASA she resumes.
    One Love.

@Aliceinwonderland, Thanks alot. I have an unconditional offer from Surrey and hopefully I'd be getting same from Cranfield shortly. These are the only two schools I applied to.

@Stfrest, thanks for your input

Quote Originally Posted by kunlenxy View Post
    Am I the only one going to sheffield? Just gotten my ATAS approved..
    Kunley, How did you get your ATAS without paying the 1000pounds deposite? Please reply as they insist that I pay the amount or provide sponsorship letter before my CAS number will be issued.

@eeguru

The ATAS clearance is not issued by the university. ATAS is designed to check the spread of technology which could be used for weapons development. Check your offer letter for the JACS code; this tells if the ATAS clearance is required for your course.
    go to www.fco.gov.uk/atas/ for more info.

Regarding your CAS number, the intended sponsor (PTDF) must always be quoted where necessary. That'll save you loads of grief. Alternatively, simply call the admissions office of your school for clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by stfrest View Post
    @eeguru

The ATAS clearance is not issued by the university. ATAS is designed to check the spread of technology which could be used for weapons development. Check your offer letter for the JACS code; this tells if the ATAS clearance is required for your course.
    go to www.fco.gov.uk/atas/ for more info.

Regarding your CAS number, the intended sponsor (PTDF) must always be quoted where necessary. That'll save you loads of grief. Alternatively, simply call the admissions office of your school for clarification.
    Thank you. I have already informed them am a PTDF Scholar but yet to get reply from them.

windows 7.,I av an unconditional offer with Manchester fr MEAM.As per ur transcript issue, send a scan copy to yulia Jenson.shez on leave but resumes on d 25th of June.She'l reply wen shez back.cheerz n Godspeed.ps: quote ur student ID

Quote Originally Posted by eeguru View Post
    Please, what about Sheffield? How is the school? I have gotten unconditional offer from them but yet to get my CAS NO. how do I proceed to get it? Your kind assistance will be appreciated
    @eeguru, I don't really know about Sheffield but like someone else said, compare the course modules with your personal goals and objectives.

Also, go to this link and read what students have to say about the school; Bear in mind however, that these reviews are highly subjective.

http://www.whatuni.com/degrees/revie...ntreviews.html

Cheers.

UniManchester folks, has any of you resolved the accommodation deposit issue?

Work Smart and Expect Success....

Alice-in-wonderland

Post Re: Ptdf scholars thread

Alice thnx for the assistance, am soo grateful. I called the Accommodation team told i am on full sponsorship from ptdf, that the should refer to their international office since Wariso said our names had been forwarded havin updated our pages on the ptdf website. I got a mail from manchester ytday saying its been confirmed and my room is secured.that i have no outstanding action required thanx Alice u da bomb..Plus a word to other scholars do Call. it works faster than mailing

@eeguru, i got same unconditional offer from sheffield too. yet to meet the requirements for leeds and newcastle(requiring IELTS). i like the modules they have under energy and environmental engineering, though studied under chem and biological dept, unlike most schools that do it under civil engineering. may i know the course you applied for, and please who else got sheffield, more ideas here please.thanks alot guys.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddie View Post
    @eeguru, i got same unconditional offer from sheffield too. yet to meet the requirements for leeds and newcastle(requiring IELTS). i like the modules they have under energy and environmental engineering, though studied under chem and biological dept, unlike most schools that do it under civil engineering. may i know the course you applied for, and please who else got sheffield, more ideas here please.thanks alot guys.
    I applied for Automatic Control and Systems Engineering.

+ Reply
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast