+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Topic: Ptdf scholars thread

Re: Ptdf scholars thread

I am currently on the MSc welding engineering course in cranfield. All i can say is cranfield has got lots of industrial collaboration. Most of the project and even group project done involve solving industrial problems. I recently had to help a friend on the subsea engr MSc course in Newcastle with project topics from the offshore subsea course in cranfield. My friend told me their tutor had asked them to look for topics themselves which i found ridiculous. That only suggest the lack of research done in that sch. One of the things you will benefit from here in cranfiled is the enormous research being carried out. And you know what that means? Opportunity for jobs, further to Phd etc. I am talking from experience of the previous sets and perhaps myself. The choice is yours!

how ca one contact wariso? some school require part payment to make the offer unconditional...like glamorgan and henriot watt.. how long does it take ptdf to contact them...cos the school is singing pay first ..pay first..

ud congrats. Happy 4 u Lng tme

I'm having Edingburgh napier,sheffield,leeds unconditional admission, bt I'm going for university of sheffield(environmental engrg) bt they are telling me to tell wariso to contact them b4 issuing CAS. Beside this ATAS seems too slow 20days?

ATAS IS SLOW KE......me i havent applied for the ATAS because i dont know which school PTDF has paid 2...YET.they dont even mail me again since i updated my details with them.thanks lekanispa,ur advise is timely.
    r

the so called ATAS website is not allowing for updating educational records why is dat?
    r

@ sallymos, use internet explorer nt firefox,

Kunlexy thanks.i finally udated it even with firefox,but cant seem 2 be able 2 submit it.ill try submitting with internet explorer 2day......thanks.

Fellow scholars, I need clarification on ATAS clearance please. I applied to Manchester for Maintenance Eng'g & Asset Mgt. and they didnt mention ATAS as a requirement. Do all courses offered in UK universities need ATAS for provision of admission? I need you advice please.

Ok. Let's lay this ATAS thingy to rest. ATAS is actually a method for the UK people to know if your course is related to the proliferation of weapon of mass destruction. If it is, wheather it is an appoved school for it.

To this end, The Uk border( The ATAS session) would want to know all the details about you and your school. That is why is it important for you to:
    1. List all the module taken in the course you are to read
    2. Write your full name without initials
    3. Your referee's names should also be written in full. No initials please
    4. Go through the form after filling to ascertain its correctness.

ATAS are funny people. If anything is wrong with yur form, they won't notify you. They will wait till 21days to say ur form wasn't correct and you have to apply all over again. So becareful.

@ Sallymos. You can apply for yor ATAS in more than one school. You would notice wile filling the form, they would ask you if you are only going to apply once? Make sure you don't close ur appliction on that note.

Moreso, PTDF do not pay school just like that. Do they even know if embassy would give youstudy visa? They acyually pay months after( like 6 months) after you have started ur course. There are cases were student were thrown out or close to be thrown out for their sponsor' non payment of school and accommodation fees, including PTDF.

@ WINDOWS7 , If ATAS wasn't measure, then you certainly don't need one. If I were you, I would write the admission office a letter just to confirm if ATAS was needed for your study course. That would be more appopriate. Goodluck to you all

I was able to login and activate w/o issues

^^^@Yakmut

I originally applied for Advanced Controls Engrg, but during the PTDF test, I wrote Energy Systems Engrg and I was successful. The school PTDF recommends is Univ. of Glamorgan, Wales. I'm not excited about that school, though I applied sha. Now waiting for their admission offer.

I also have admission in Manchester for Advanced Controls [which is a PTDF course at a recommended university], but I never get CAS number from them.

The course I really wanna do is Electrical and Renewable Energy Engrg at Univ of Leeds. That's the course I submitted to the PTDF website [and they've already given me CAS number]. But I'm worried that PTDF will not approve of the course as an Oil&Gas related field.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast