+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 75 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Topic: Nddc scholarship 2012 is out

Re: Nddc scholarship 2012 is out

Quote Originally Posted by BECs View Post
    you know the problem with nigerian youth is that they lack the ability to think towards a development that is sustainable. most are opportunists- selfish to the point of recluse. i asked a simple question that needed a gentlemanly response but this is all i got. all the best to you fellas.
    i wasent trying to attack u, i was given my reply from a funny perspective, this is a tensed period and i was trying to be funny, didnt expect u to take it personal. u assume am an opportunist cos of my reply well i like to take it as taking things step by step; so lyf afta masters .... God knows best. so dont be offended by my reply
    Can Do likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gonon View Post
    Please, is it possible to change schools after NDDC brings out the list? Cos the Uni I used is starting their orientation on the 3rd of sept 2012, and only God knows how long it takes to get a visa...

Well once NDDC brings out the list and you are a scholar you will be asked to give them the name of your school, the program you wish to undertake with the school account details and the fees for the program. It is at this point you could present the new school. At this point NDDC will not look back to confirm if it is the school you presented at the point of interview.

For visa I will advice you give up to 6 weeks as this period will be extremely busy for the embassy who will be handling the visa applications of nearly 80% of the NDDC scholars and that of 1000s of other people.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy4reel View Post
    Well once NDDC brings out the list and you are a scholar you will be asked to give them the name of your school, the program you wish to undertake with the school account details and the fees for the program. It is at this point you could present the new school. At this point NDDC will not look back to confirm if it is the school you presented at the point of interview.

For visa I will advice you give up to 6 weeks as this period will be extremely busy for the embassy who will be handling the visa applications of nearly 80% of the NDDC scholars and that of 1000s of other people.

Hope this helps.
    Well 6 weeks is outrageous, its point based and it usually takes 2 to 20 working days from the information online, believe me its only those of us depending on NDDC, mobil and AGIP that are yet to apply for VISA. Those that intend to go for the graduate study programs no matter the outcome of this award already have their VISA. it may not be as bad as you are painting it and not everyone is going to the UK. They should have strategies to cushion the effect of the August rush since they experience it every year.

Quote Originally Posted by ezme View Post
    Well 6 weeks is outrageous, its point based and it usually takes 2 to 20 working days from the information online, believe me its only those of us depending on NDDC, mobil and AGIP that are yet to apply for VISA. Those that intend to go for the graduate study programs no matter the outcome of this award already have their VISA. it may not be as bad as you are painting it and not everyone is going to the UK. They should have strategies to cushion the effect of the August rush since they experience it every year.
    When my friend went to UK first he had his visa first week of September even though he had applied in August. Infact as a result he was 1 week late for school resumption. Usually for visa 6 weeks is a fair enough time to give room for refusal and re-application. Not everyone will get the visa on the first hand of their application and it is such unforeseen things that you give room for in order to make the mitigation easier.

For example the UKBA ask applicants as part of their evidences of finances to put in an account about (£800 per month x 2 months) for people with established presence in UK and about (£800 per month x 9 months) for people seeking to enter the UK newly. Now this money is expected to be in the account for at least 28 days prior to the visa application and must be shown in form of a bank statement. If an NDDC scholar has not read the UKBA tier 4 visa guide before and has not done exactly as stipulated, then they are likely to get refused the visa even if NDDC is sponsoring them. UKBA are so strict on this rule now. Usually right about now is not a bad time to throw such money in to an account for 28 days to show to them your evidence of finances.

If you applied for your visa and it took 15 working days for you to get a refusal because you have not fully met a requirement, then the UKBA will give you a week to appeal the decision and any fresh application can only be made after the allocated appeal period has elapsed. Supposing it takes another 20 working days for the new visa to come back, where does that leave you? 6 weeks right?

It is really wrong for anyone to plan their visa application timing without including time to accommodate any refusals. My advice was coming from this perspective.

Hope this proves helpful to someone. Happy Sunday Everyone
    Tendermartin likes this.

Bad As e Badt.. Okoro must Jump Fenz!!! No Shakingz!!!!
    Tendermartin likes this.

Bad As e Badt.. Okoro must Jump Fenz!!! No Shakingz!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy4reel View Post
    When my friend went to UK first he had his visa first week of September even though he had applied in August. Infact as a result he was 1 week late for school resumption. Usually for visa 6 weeks is a fair enough time to give room for refusal and re-application. Not everyone will get the visa on the first hand of their application and it is such unforeseen things that you give room for in order to make the mitigation easier.

For example the UKBA ask applicants as part of their evidences of finances to put in an account about (£800 per month x 2 months) for people with established presence in UK and about (£800 per month x 9 months) for people seeking to enter the UK newly. Now this money is expected to be in the account for at least 28 days prior to the visa application and must be shown in form of a bank statement. If an NDDC scholar has not read the UKBA tier 4 visa guide before and has not done exactly as stipulated, then they are likely to get refused the visa even if NDDC is sponsoring them. UKBA are so strict on this rule now. Usually right about now is not a bad time to throw such money in to an account for 28 days to show to them your evidence of finances.

If you applied for your visa and it took 15 working days for you to get a refusal because you have not fully met a requirement, then the UKBA will give you a week to appeal the decision and any fresh application can only be made after the allocated appeal period has elapsed. Supposing it takes another 20 working days for the new visa to come back, where does that leave you? 6 weeks right?

It is really wrong for anyone to plan their visa application timing without including time to accommodate any refusals. My advice was coming from this perspective.

Hope this proves helpful to someone. Happy Sunday Everyone
    Now I understand the angle you are coming from. The information with the UKBA is quite straight forward for a Tier 4 VISA and you would not be refused a VISA if you get all the required points. We have been coming here to claim our scholarship by faith and even put in a few words of prayer as posts here to back that up. The reality is this, the scholarship is just worth $30000(19,122 GBP), so a proactive person would have stashed money (the difference in tuition if more than 19,122 + 7200 living expenses) in a bank account so the 28 days start counting even as we wait (faith without work is dead). So anyone who hasn't done so may end up resuming late as a fresh 28days would have to count that would go into September. My advice is you read the Tier 4 requirements carefully and make sure your data with the UKBA and bank statement agrees with supporting application documentation and you are good to go, you won't be denied a VISA.

Quote Originally Posted by ezme View Post
    Now I understand the angle you are coming from. The information with the UKBA is quite straight forward for a Tier 4 VISA and you would not be refused a VISA if you get all the required points. We have been coming here to claim our scholarship by faith and even put in a few words of prayer as posts here to back that up. The reality is this, the scholarship is just worth $30000(19,122 GBP), so a proactive person would have stashed money (the difference in tuition if more than 19,122 + 7200 living expenses) in a bank account so the 28 days start counting even as we wait (faith without work is dead). So anyone who hasn't done so may end up resuming late as a fresh 28days would have to count that would go into September. My advice is you read the Tier 4 requirements carefully and make sure your data with the UKBA and bank statement agrees with supporting application documentation and you are good to go, you won't be denied a VISA.
    Its better now that we have thrown more light on this. Now the question is how many people in this forum knew that they need money to be in their account in accordance to UKBA stipulation for a period of 28 days. In fact so many people here just feel its all about NDDC scholarship letter and the fees, and so many will be surprised at the point of visa application to find out that they needed money in their account over 28 days. Am happy we are raising this topic so alot of NDDC potential scholars will be well informed so as to avoid visa refusal.

Happy Sunday every one.

Well, I dnt knw how true is dat....abt d money in ur account. But my younger bros didnt hav dat, it took less than a week for him to get his visa, he was sponsored by NLNG.

God dey oooo!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gabbygabo View Post
    Well, I dnt knw how true is dat....abt d money in ur account. But my younger bros didnt hav dat, it took less than a week for him to get his visa, he was sponsored by NLNG.

God dey oooo!!!!
    Am sure your brother went before 7th April,2012 which is when the rule changed. It was in the same rule change that they took off the possibility of post study work visa for every international who studies in UK. Familiarizing your self with the rule as it was when your brother left for UK will not be helpful. Try and familiarize your self with the rules as it is now because the fate of your visa application will be granted from the new rules.

Hope this helps.

Yea! He did travelled during January time. Wont that 28days period affect our time of resumption date.

Quote Originally Posted by gabbygabo View Post
    Yea! He did travelled during January time. Wont that 28days period affect our time of resumption date.
    Certainly it will and if you appear to be more than a month late in to resumption UKBA may consider refusing you visa for that study start date and ask you to consider an alternative start date. This is because they feel you might have missed alot for you to be able to genuinely catch up again in school. This is the more reason NDDC should either hurry up or people should start sourcing for alternative ways of meeting the visa requirements outside NDDC's support.

Abeg they should just hurry up cos some schools will soon suggest that we defer or forfeit our admission

+ Reply