+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 51 of 149 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Topic: Nddc scholarship 2012 is out

Re: Nddc scholarship 2012 is out

Quote Originally Posted by cacking View Post
    Wiseguy4reel. I disagree with you. Your analogy is not similar. What you just discussed is God's or Divine favour which some of us are expecting to be our portion in Jesus name. Amen. Man know man is not favouritism. It is putting a square peg in a round hole. Not let me tell you, some of the people working today don't deserve to be there at all but they are because they have a relation or godfather or even godmother that put them there.

My aunty wanted to activate and also configure her phone for internet browsing. She went to etisalat office at lagos for it to be done. (then settings were not automatic), The girl couldn't do it. She told her to try connecting after 24 hrs (after she thought she had configured it) which she did. It did not connect. I was the one that actually configured the phone for her. She was like I should have been the one there not the girl who cannot solve customers problems.

Nigeria will continue in mediocrity because people that get the jobs at the end of the day should not have had any business there. Okay just watch the operations of a typical government office in Nigeria. How long does it take you to get things done? At times I do take over my job and do it myself. I assist my mum to do her job which at times I have to follow her to her office yet she has people working with her.

In my state an exam was written were the commissioners, house of assembly members and others all had their candidates whether they passed or not was not important. At the end of the day, these people gain admission into the school of nursing. What do you expect. Why do our leaders run to other countries for medical checkup, why not here? Your so called favouritism has spoilt everything. There are people who are ready to fix our electricity problem for us, but nobody will employ them.

Forget this your favouritism, maybe that is what you are depending on.

Cacking please permit me to re-emphasize the closing statement again just in case you did not understand it.

"Favoritism whether on a biblical or an earthly scale is something not only limited to Nigeria and is something that will not change as long as creation exist. Please learn to deal with it and if you not on the favored side take things the way it comes, there is nothing you can do about it."

I never said it was right or wrong however what i did mean was that its not something limited to Nigeria alone and we should not make Nigeria's own sound very alarming. It is also something which is never going to change no matter what we do and there isn't any point in hurting your self over it. Also permit me to tell you that am not depending on any favoritism to be selected as one of the scholars. One thing I know is I have done my best and the rest is left to God. My business is God's plans for my future and not the route which He intends taking me there.

One thing I know is with or without help from any man God will see each and everyone of us through to an expected future, in Jesus Name I pray Amen.
    Can Do likes this.

Hi nddc brethren,y worry nd make blind arguments wen God has said yes 2 His children. Al we shud b prayn 2 God is 4 His favour speak 4 u b4 d officials n nddc(DAN. 1v9) nt clearn unnecessary doubts. Wel,ma ?s r will nddc do d visa processn 4 us cos i met an agency 2day nd dey were lyk caln sm knda processn fee 4 me. 2ndly,y r sm schls messn up n dis Eng lang requirment? Must i write ielts or toefl b4 getn 2 uk?

Quote Originally Posted by Frankool View Post
    Hi nddc brethren,y worry nd make blind arguments wen God has said yes 2 His children. Al we shud b prayn 2 God is 4 His favour speak 4 u b4 d officials n nddc(DAN. 1v9) nt clearn unnecessary doubts. Wel,ma ?s r will nddc do d visa processn 4 us cos i met an agency 2day nd dey were lyk caln sm knda processn fee 4 me. 2ndly,y r sm schls messn up n dis Eng lang requirment? Must i write ielts or toefl b4 getn 2 uk?

Frankool inbox me and i will advise you.

Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy4reel View Post
    Cacking please permit me to re-emphasize the closing statement again just in case you did not understand it.

"Favoritism whether on a biblical or an earthly scale is something not only limited to Nigeria and is something that will not change as long as creation exist. Please learn to deal with it and if you not on the favored side take things the way it comes, there is nothing you can do about it."

I never said it was right or wrong however what i did mean was that its not something limited to Nigeria alone and we should not make Nigeria's own sound very alarming. It is also something which is never going to change no matter what we do and there isn't any point in hurting your self over it. Also permit me to tell you that am not depending on any favoritism to be selected as one of the scholars. One thing I know is I have done my best and the rest is left to God. My business is God's plans for my future and not the route which He intends taking me there.

One thing I know is with or without help from any man God will see each and everyone of us through to an expected future, in Jesus Name I pray Amen.
    Na wa o. I wasn't ready for this nature of discourse! I may have to succint my point for the sake of posterity. I am not lamenting over unfair treatment or paranoid as a matter . I just stated the main reason why there may be delay in the release of names which certainly is not tied to merit collation. I am not against NDDC. In fact, I share the management's pains. Of course, there exists some level of favouritism everywhere! That is why reference is demanded everywhere around the world.

Just that severe favouritism leads to mediocrity and that can never translate to any benefit of economics in any country! Who even said NDDC is doing you good? There were budget for these. The oil money belong to all us, poor and rich; ugly or handsome. Someone is just kept up there to judiciously allocate the resources because we believe we can vouch for his/her integrity. That is why we vote. This person do not own Nigeria more than you. Interestingly, you could be there tomorrow. And while there, please don't ever think you are helping. It should be your responsibility just like a banker paying you money in the bank. It is ur money not the banker's

Lastly, equating God in all of this is totally wrong! Who is God not for? Those ones that died in ill-fated Dana airplane crash don't have God in them? Don't reduce God please! He is more concerned in our celestial worth than the things of the world which include scholarship to travel oversea. Who knows? God may have even turned His holy eyes away from Nigeria for sin sake. God do not bear any presence with evil, malpractises, corruption, darkness and sins which Nigeria rid of! lol

I wish everyone luck including myself. This is our cross and we must carry it!

Cool Re: Nddc scholarship 2012 is out

Amen to that prayer. You are right anyway but you see other countries own could be seen more of like a reference based on past pedigree and experience; like your lecturer recommending you for a scholarship which you will still need to prove it anyway. But Nigeria's own is a case where the best brains are sidelined. If the ratio of man know man to merit is like 10:90, I bet you, we won't even notice it.

Smile Re: Nddc scholarship 2012 is out

Quote Originally Posted by phoneline View Post
    Na wa o. I wasn't ready for this nature of discourse! I may have to succint my point for the sake of posterity. I am not lamenting over unfair treatment or paranoid as a matter . I just stated the main reason why there may be delay in the release of names which certainly is not tied to merit collation. I am not against NDDC. In fact, I share the management's pains. Of course, there exists some level of favouritism everywhere! That is why reference is demanded everywhere around the world.

Just that severe favouritism leads to mediocrity and that can never translate to any benefit of economics in any country! Who even said NDDC is doing you good? There were budget for these. The oil money belong to all us, poor and rich; ugly or handsome. Someone is just kept up there to judiciously allocate the resources because we believe we can vouch for his/her integrity. That is why we vote. This person do not own Nigeria more than you. Interestingly, you could be there tomorrow. And while there, please don't ever think you are helping. It should be your responsibility just like a banker paying you money in the bank. It is ur money not the banker's

Lastly, equating God in all of this is totally wrong! Who is God not for? Those ones that died in ill-fated Dana airplane crash don't have God in them? Don't reduce God please! He is more concerned in our celestial worth than the things of the world which include scholarship to travel oversea. Who knows? God may have even turned His holy eyes away from Nigeria for sin sake. God do not bear any presence with evil, malpractises, corruption, darkness and sins which Nigeria rid of! lol

I wish everyone luck including myself. This is our cross and we must carry it!
    Relax. I'm enjoying it. Let's just use it to while away time and wait for the induction ceremony. Let's keep the thread hot before it colds and moves to page 6. Hahaha..........

Quote Originally Posted by cacking View Post
    Relax. I'm enjoying it. Let's just use it to while away time and wait for the induction ceremony. Let's keep the thread hot before it colds and moves to page 6. Hahaha..........
    Lol true cacking. Cacking but seriously I once applied for a job in UAE and I was told the work was only for muslims and seriously that marveled me cos when the company claimed I was qualified for the job he insisted I wont have it due to religion. I can't till today understand the full meaning of that and not sure if it could be classed under religious favoritism or fanatism.

@wiseguy.. Yu no thank yor God say dem tell yu rather dan yu dissapearing after yu tell yor pple bye bye for thiz sys..

Quote Originally Posted by e-thang View Post
    @wiseguy.. Yu no thank yor God say dem tell yu rather dan yu dissapearing after yu tell yor pple bye bye for thiz sys..
    Am very thankful to God because imagine what i would have been facing there now as a result of my religious believe.

Lol true cacking. Cacking but seriously I once applied for a job in UAE and I was told the work was only for muslims and seriously that marveled me cos when the company claimed I was qualified for the job he insisted I wont have it due to religion. I can't till today understand the full meaning of that and not sure if it could be classed under religious favoritism or fanatism.
    Hmmm..... I will want to say that is preference. i.e. everybody is qualified for the job so they try to bring in something to eliminate some people, like say those that can speak french or spanish. Such cases are always heart breaking....

Guys I dey gbadu this threadooo! see men dey articulate ideas, dey decimate arguments and dey validate points on top so much grammar for this nddc thread...chei! we get people for this countryooo, abeg make them give us chance make we make this country betterooo!

Ok, here is my take on this issue: As long as humans remain humans, nepotism (man-know-man) must always exist and thrive..Wiseguy4reel u are on point here. And of course its not peculiar to Nigeria, but it seems worse here than other 'developed' nations as Cacking clearly posits. In my personal opinion, this could bee attributed to cultural differences..This is what i mean. In Africa (Nigeria as case study), u see parents managing to train their first son in the hopes that this son will become responsible and train others. The bond of kinship and responsibility for siblings is inculcateed in us from a very early age thats why even when our parents are so old we dont ship them off to old pplees home, we take care of them. My point is that an African man has a greater tendency to 'help' fix his siblings somewhere regardless of ethics than an oyibo.

Now that we have established that Nepotism must always exist and the tendency is more in Nigeria than in UK for example, how do we react to it? here is my answer and my personal reaction to it. but b4 i do that, all of us who have studied Risk Management know that you can either, Mitigate(reduce impact), Accept (some degree of risk) and/or Manage (the unavoidable ones).
    So in my job search, I first of all make sure I do my due diligence (graduate top of class, pass my aptitude tests, make my cv enticing, etc). Secondly, I 'Network' for referees (people who know who could be of help in the company I am interested in) now for those of you interested in statistics check out http://money.cnn.com/2009/06/09/news...y/hidden_jobs/ you will see that upto 80% of jobs are not advertised(but are filled by referals). we only hustle for the remaining 20%. I recently attended an interview with ONE of BakerHughs, Halliburton or Schlum(cant be more specific) based on this referal stuff. And I dont feel bad you know why? because I am qualified, I can and will do the job effectively if given the chance (still awaiting feedback though). And finally I Play it down and Pray it up.
    Whats my point? Many 'great' candidates lose good opportunities because of poor networking skills and I am tired of being a statistic. So when I see an opportunity, i go in with my guns blazing. I pass my tests, I use my excellent academic qualifications and certs to maximum advantage, and I look for people who can refer me (who are worth their weight in gold). Then AM GOOD TO GO!
    If I had an insider in NDDC i surely would've used them because I know I deserve this opportunity and would make my nation proud out there again. But in everything I do, I ask for the will of God to be done.
    Wealth, Love and Happiness will flow naturally to me on a consistent basis...

Boy!!! Yuuu Reeeely "Can Do"!!!!

Boy!!! Yuuu Reeely "Can Do"!!!

+ Reply
Page 51 of 149 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast