+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 50 of 149 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Topic: Nddc scholarship 2012 is out

Re: Nddc scholarship 2012 is out

Seems like everyone has hibernated till the 9th of August. Shalom
    I am what I am just by HIS Grace! . . . The Future is Bright; The Future is Me!

LoL. 9th of August is a fake date! If it took them a week to compile the results of 3100 candidate. Why should it took 2wkz plus to compile the list for less than 1000candidate-most respected and able professors in view for that matter. I knw my fate!! I'v got nuttin' to lose. Olympic activated.

Mind you.. Dat was mere electronic sorting of alredy calculated results & others criteria were not considered. Its much mor complicated here, let's jus let dem do their job.. We'v don ours.. God dey!

Quote Originally Posted by raymagnate View Post
    LoL. 9th of August is a fake date! If it took them a week to compile the results of 3100 candidate. Why should it took 2wkz plus to compile the list for less than 1000candidate-most respected and able professors in view for that matter. I knw my fate!! I'v got nuttin' to lose. Olympic activated.
    Guy you are right anyway but you see we just needed a date to look forward to, that is why nobody has really argued about that date. For us on this thread, 9th of August is the day, NDDC get their own too.

Where does the induction ceremony take place and how many days does it last?

Quote Originally Posted by cacking View Post
    Guy you are right anyway but you see we just needed a date to look forward to, that is why nobody has really argued about that date. For us on this thread, 9th of August is the day, NDDC get their own too.

Where does the induction ceremony take place and how many days does it last?
    Days?

Quote Originally Posted by raymagnate View Post
    Actually, the professors wud have finished their work by Saturday last week. They have all the scores. 60%test and 40% interview. They would have added everything up by saturday. What you have now is management consideration and decision. Some candidates must get whether they fail the test o or interview. with Nysc O OR NO Nysc. Those have to be considered. Special letters from above are well treated too. Space must be given those letters. This is the hardest part in the decision making process. It can take weeks so that some highly placed lord/monster's feet are not stepped on. Ignoring those individual is tantamount to director's trouble and even eventual sack. Yes! he is answerable to some individuals.

This is the problem in Nigeria and some well deserving scholars are then neglected in order to satisfy some peeps. Go check PTDF website. You will notice the list for PhD shortlisted candidates and the eventual result are there. Just download it and compare. Many of the states have candidates who do not even show up for interviewed or even apply for the scholarship! while those candidates, many who came from US and UK, where left out after being interviewed

What made is so painful is that only two candidates were taken from each state,. Even at that, candidates were short-changed! check Abuja and Zamfara. Didn't just have time to check many of them. I know there a lot of that nonsense in more than those 2 states!

Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy4reel View Post
    Days?
    DAYS!!!!!! How many?

Quote Originally Posted by cacking View Post
    DAYS!!!!!! How many?
    It may not last than 6hrs. They will just teach you on how to apply for student visa and other Uk laws and need-to-know. PTDF lasts for days because they actually undertake the visa process for scholars. They take all of them for biometrics and help those without admission, CAS and ATAS get their footing.

@phoneline. Thank you for the information. I'm waiting for dat day...

Phone line do you have an idea what the interview scores are over as in is it x/100 or x/60 etc... Your facts appear to be judgmental. Lets leave them to do their work in the end none of us gave them money to keep for us and what they doing for us is favor and nothing else.

Fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by phoneline View Post
    Actually, the professors wud have finished their work by Saturday last week. They have all the scores. 60%test and 40% interview. They would have added everything up by saturday. What you have now is management consideration and decision. Some candidates must get whether they fail the test o or interview. with Nysc O OR NO Nysc. Those have to be considered. Special letters from above are well treated too. Space must be given those letters. This is the hardest part in the decision making process. It can take weeks so that some highly placed lord/monster's feet are not stepped on. Ignoring those individual is tantamount to director's trouble and even eventual sack. Yes! he is answerable to some individuals.

This is the problem in Nigeria and some well deserving scholars are then neglected in order to satisfy some peeps. Go check PTDF website. You will notice the list for PhD shortlisted candidates and the eventual result are there. Just download it and compare. Many of the states have candidates who do not even show up for interviewed or even apply for the scholarship! while those candidates, many who came from US and UK, where left out after being interviewed

What made is so painful is that only two candidates were taken from each state,. Even at that, candidates were short-changed! check Abuja and Zamfara. Didn't just have time to check many of them. I know there a lot of that nonsense in more than those 2 states!

Quote Originally Posted by phoneline View Post

@Phoneline.....Hmmmm....you seem to be well informed oh, please keep the info flowing...thumbs up!!!!As for what you have said, it is really an anomaly that has been with us for far too long in this country, its a shame...but let us not forget that when God says YES, no man can say otherwise....Hope should never die in a man....HE is in control...shalom!!

Quote Originally Posted by Omon_B View Post
    @Phoneline.....Hmmmm....you seem to be well informed oh, please keep the info flowing...thumbs up!!!!As for what you have said, it is really an anomaly that has been with us for far too long in this country, its a shame...but let us not forget that when God says YES, no man can say otherwise....Hope should never die in a man....HE is in control...shalom!!
    To be honest I think phoneline is being too paranoid about Nigeria's level of man know man. I have to say even in the bible we made to know that we are favored not cos we are competent but because we believe in Jesus and know him. In fact this is exactly what is causing the unending conflict between Israel and Palestine today. The Israelites know God and are favored by Him to claim a land which was pre-occupied by the Palestines. These leaves the Palestines wondering why should these people come to take over our land just because they know God. They wondering too does it mean God doesn't like them?

Also in the bible it is written in Romans 9:13 "just as it is written: "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated." and this tells us that despite the fact that judging from an earthly point of view Jacob wasn't as qualified as Esau for God's blessings but some how God found a way to Favour and bless him so much more that the generation of Israel, God's chosen people now come from the linage of Jacob.

Favoritism whether on a biblical or an earthly scale is something not only limited to Nigeria and is something that will not change as long as creation exist. Please learn to deal with it and if you not on the favored side take things the way it comes, there is nothing you can do about it.

Hope this helps....
    Can Do and truz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy4reel View Post
    To be honest I think phoneline is being too paranoid about Nigeria's level of man know man. I have to say even in the bible we made to know that we are favored not cos we are competent but because we believe in Jesus and know him. In fact this is exactly what is causing the unending conflict between Israel and Palestine today. The Israelites know God and are favored by Him to claim a land which was pre-occupied by the Palestines. These leaves the Palestines wondering why should these people come to take over our land just because they know God. They wondering too does it mean God doesn't like them?

Also in the bible it is written in Romans 9:13 "just as it is written: "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated." and this tells us that despite the fact that judging from an earthly point of view Jacob wasn't as qualified as Esau for God's blessings but some how God found a way to Favour and bless him so much more that the generation of Israel, God's chosen people now come from the linage of Jacob.

Favoritism whether on a biblical or an earthly scale is something not only limited to Nigeria and is something that will not change as long as creation exist. Please learn to deal with it and if you not on the favored side take things the way it comes, there is nothing you can do about it.

Hope this helps....
    Wiseguy4reel. I disagree with you. Your analogy is not similar. What you just discussed is God's or Divine favour which some of us are expecting to be our portion in Jesus name. Amen. Man know man is not favouritism. It is putting a square peg in a round hole. Not let me tell you, some of the people working today don't deserve to be there at all but they are because they have a relation or godfather or even godmother that put them there.

My aunty wanted to activate and also configure her phone for internet browsing. She went to etisalat office at lagos for it to be done. (then settings were not automatic), The girl couldn't do it. She told her to try connecting after 24 hrs (after she thought she had configured it) which she did. It did not connect. I was the one that actually configured the phone for her. She was like I should have been the one there not the girl who cannot solve customers problems.

Nigeria will continue in mediocrity because people that get the jobs at the end of the day should not have had any business there. Okay just watch the operations of a typical government office in Nigeria. How long does it take you to get things done? At times I do take over my job and do it myself. I assist my mum to do her job which at times I have to follow her to her office yet she has people working with her.

In my state an exam was written were the commissioners, house of assembly members and others all had their candidates whether they passed or not was not important. At the end of the day, these people gain admission into the school of nursing. What do you expect. Why do our leaders run to other countries for medical checkup, why not here? Your so called favouritism has spoilt everything. There are people who are ready to fix our electricity problem for us, but nobody will employ them.

Forget this your favouritism, maybe that is what you are depending on.

+ Reply
Page 50 of 149 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast