+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 129 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast
Results 1,665 to 1,677 of 1934
Like Tree138Likes

Topic: Nddc scholarship 2012 is out

Re: Nddc scholarship 2012 is out

Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy4reel View Post
    Well he did initiate one managed by the Akwa Ibom State university but it was politicized that half of the scholars sponsored on the scheme were not good enough to make it academically abroad and so were thrown out of school shamefully. So the whole process became a flaw.
    That is what happens when mediocrity is chosen over meritocracy. Our leader are mediocres so cannot do things on merit. Remember, they don't win elections, they cheat to get to power.

@wisey are u sure that point is worth fightin' for? Assumin' the guy that scored 43 choose forensic engineering or lets say 'wildlife science'. His going for a three yrs course(22k pounds/yr). The other person scored 26 and is going for pipeline engineering. 1yr course(14k pounds). If yhu were Mr. Oboh who will u gv d s'ship? Wisey that questn with ur church mind.

Please does anyone have the list of other states and their LGAs?
    ..all things work together for my good

All we need is 4 dem 2 publish d list. 4get d interview scores. How would u score someone like me who was only asked my intended course of study

Now that they have seen pple who r willing 2 study, they r joking with us. Politically a friend of mine was awarded scholarship 2 study structural engineering and was thrown out shamefully from the school. May be dats is wat dey want

Quote Originally Posted by gbulah View Post
    I spoke to a director in Nddc 2day and he said dia cutoff for interview invitation was 26 and after dat wat u scored doesn't matter, wat matters is the interview, and he affirmed dat someone wit a score of 30 can impress at d interview better dan someone wit 50 so guys let's analyse dis technically.
    Ok nice. So please ask him or her to explain to me how they expect someone who was asked the following questions below at the interview to impress the panel.

1. What meal did you eat today?
    2. What is your name?
    3. What is your school fees?
    4. Why do you want to leave Nigeria?
    5. Why can't your parents pay your fees?
    6. Why are you studying something outside your field?
    7. What news was on the radio a night before?
    8. Why don't you have NYSC?

From the onset the whole scheme was adulterated because you don't expect intellectually oriented answers to stupid and non intellectual questions do you? If they were reasonable about using only the interview scores to decide the scholars then they should have made all the questions intellectual and purposeful and not random and un-patterned.

I hope they will be man enough to publish the interview scores so we know how we did in the interview cos I know how I did in the interview and God help them they tell lies.

Well thanks for the update but for me its show time.

Wizzy

Quote Originally Posted by raymagnate View Post
    @wisey are u sure that point is worth fightin' for? Assumin' the guy that scored 43 choose forensic engineering or lets say 'wildlife science'. His going for a three yrs course(22k pounds/yr). The other person scored 26 and is going for pipeline engineering. 1yr course(14k pounds). If yhu were Mr. Oboh who will u gv d s'ship? Wisey that questn with ur church mind.
    You see my dear am not against NDDC using any rules to disqualify people because to say the least they in charge. What am against is them not laying down these rules at the beginning of the process so all could know and understand their stand from day 1. Making rules as you go is an act of jungle justice and as we know that technique could be exploited such that rules could be made to even favour a political candidate at the expense of candidates who actually worked hard for the award. This is where am coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by danieleluwah View Post
    Please find attached the list below
    Attached Files Attached Files

all the states are here already, open the excel sheet and look at the bottom part, the state are in different sheet of excel work, kudos to the fellow that took his time to do that

"HOW DO YOU IMPRESS?'"

No format, no standard, imagine what is the meal you take today has to do with going for graduate programme abroad, ok to know if you can eat "oyinbo food" hen!
    then, to me all this whole process is just protocol
    anyway
    All will be well
    Attached Files Attached Files

@wisey and enochdejesus, thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy4reel View Post
    Ok nice. So please ask him or her to explain to me how they expect someone who was asked the following questions below at the interview to impress the panel.

1. What meal did you eat today?
    2. What is your name?
    3. What is your school fees?
    4. Why do you want to leave Nigeria?
    5. Why can't your parents pay your fees?
    6. Why are you studying something outside your field?
    7. What news was on the radio a night before?
    8. Why don't you have NYSC?

From the onset the whole scheme was adulterated because you don't expect intellectually oriented answers to stupid and non intellectual questions do you? If they were reasonable about using only the interview scores to decide the scholars then they should have made all the questions intellectual and purposeful and not random and un-patterned.

I hope they will be man enough to publish the interview scores so we know how we did in the interview cos I know how I did in the interview and God help them they tell lies.

Well thanks for the update but for me its show time.

Wizzy
    Wizzy from my little knowledge of interviews, they are designed to test composure, confidence, know-how, verstility, communicative ability, etc. So, asking a question like a meal you ate might just be to test one of these

Wizzy from my little knowledge of interviews, they are designed to test composure, confidence, know-how, verstility, communicative ability, etc. So, asking a question like a meal you ate might just be to test one of these
    Well I wasn't asked any of those silly questions thankfully but if I was I would have answered them legendarily.
    doncheks likes this.

I dont know why i am still hopeful... Is this normal?
    utchay4ever likes this.

+ Reply